Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyber Monday - (No requests looking for certain items!)

• 29-11-2015 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭

So, the fog of Black Friday has lifted, only to have the haze of Cyber Monday to appear..

What are people's feelings toward this new event - is it as good as Black Friday in terms of online deals?

I'm hoping to get a PS4 reductions/deals like what we were seeing in Argos/XtraVision/Smyths....might be too optimistic though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I am expecting to be disappointed. I doubt it'll be as good, if people weren't tempted over the weekend I don't think they'll be reducing prices anymore to get them on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Online retailer's takings from cyber Monday last year were almost double that of Black Friday.

I reckon there could be some good deals to be had.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭jeffk

Hoping it's just as good as black Friday.

Missed out on a ssd, so hopefully the same or similar comes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I'm not expecting much for my requirements. Gamestop offer give only a little bit of a discount, Xtravision are still laughable(even though they're going out of business) and Amazon must have been hit hard because they're out of stock except for Fulfilled by Amazon items.

I need Fallout 4 PS4 and Xbox One
    I also need PS4 COD 3

I know I can get Fallout 4 PS4 on Shopto for £29 + £3 Postage but I'd like them all in one place and they're much more expensive for the Xbox version and Average for COD.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Monkeyjoe

So, the fog of Black Friday has lifted, only to have the haze of Cyber Monday to appear..

What are people's feelings toward this new event - is it as good as Black Friday in terms of online deals?

I'm hoping to get a PS4 reductions/deals like what we were seeing in Argos/XtraVision/Smyths....might be too optimistic though.

Check out Amazon France. 365 + postage for the below.

PlayStation 4 500 Go + God of War + Assassin's Creed Syndicate + Steelbook + Metal Gear Solid V : The phantom Pain + GTA V + The Evil Within

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Any ipad air2 keyboards any where ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

White PS4 500 GB + Free Game for €300

Seems to be out of stock everywhere but can be ordered for collection. Presuming Argos will honor the price it was reserved at?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,753 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Berty wrote: »
    I'm not expecting much for my requirements. Gamestop offer give only a little bit of a discount, Xtravision are still laughable(even though they're going out of business) and Amazon must have been hit hard because they're out of stock except for Fulfilled by Amazon items.

I need Fallout 4 PS4 and Xbox One
    I also need PS4 COD 3

I know I can get Fallout 4 PS4 on Shopto for £29 + £3 Postage but I'd like them all in one place and they're much more expensive for the Xbox version and Average for COD.

GameStop are always the most expensive. Have you tried Argos for the games ? Or Smyths Toystore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Monkeyjoe wrote: »
    Check out Amazon France. 365 + postage for the below.

PlayStation 4 500 Go + God of War + Assassin's Creed Syndicate + Steelbook + Metal Gear Solid V : The phantom Pain + GTA V + The Evil Within

What happens if you need a warranty return? OK so they probably have to honour it, but what about the hassle of language and postage?
    For example their online chat says French speaking only.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭bladespin

biebiebie wrote:
    What happens if you need a warranty return? OK so they probably have to honour it, but what about the hassle of language and postage? For example their online chat says French speaking only.

Google translate if French is a challenge, once it's inside the eu there shouldn't be any hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 cazc

Black Canvas cosmetics 30% off everything enter pippa @ checkout for extra 10%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Hoping for decent offers, didn't pick up much on Friday! :)u8squp

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭WrigleysExtra

hopefully there's a few ssd deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,292 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

you missed a great one on Friday for a 500gb ssd on amazon Spain for €130

http://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00P73B1E4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A1AT7YVPFBWXBL

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Monkeyjoe

biebiebie wrote: »
    What happens if you need a warranty return? OK so they probably have to honour it, but what about the hassle of language and postage?
    For example their online chat says French speaking only.

Never needed that. Bought loads on Amazon.de and .it and returned it to the normal Irish address.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Looking for an xbox one with Halo, Fifa and Forza. Argos had it at €350 a couple of weeks ago. Kicking my self at not getting it at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 8,942 ✭✭✭Doge

Great deal on this Samsung Wireless Mono Laser Printer, €64 delivered from amazon.co.uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00YU62KR6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

Probably not, but is there any way we could keep chat to a minimum and instead try to keep posts just about the various deals that people see? I'm assuming there are others like me that are following this thread and get excited to see a post notification, expecting a super deal, but only to see someone saying, "I'd love a nice TV".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Here?
    http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00RQA6M5Y?tag=idealo07-21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Anyone seen deals on Garmin running watches?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Mr.S wrote: »
    Smyths have the console, fifa and halo at 345

You sure? Just checked ad dont see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Anyone see any good deals on laptops?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Lots of them on Amazon last week, none today from what I can see unless they pop up later.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭war2k10

Here if you order from amazon.it or.de will they ship to Ireland also is there anyway to view them in English ? Also i am looking for a 500GB SSD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭jeffk

war2k10 wrote: »
    Here if you order from amazon.it or.de will they ship to Ireland also is there anyway to view them in English ? Also i am looking for a 500GB SSD

You need to look for international shipping and even with that can take some messing(I found)

Use google chrome, it will ask do you want to translate the page

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Certain items will ship here. Use Chrome to translate the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

I know .de does as i ordered off them last week. Right click your mouse button on the web page and on the menu translate page comes up. I use google crome and thats how i do it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Any sign of ps vita lego bundle? Littlewoods are selling it at 249 !, rrp is 199 !!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Probably not, but is there any way we could keep chat to a minimum and instead try to keep posts just about the various deals that people see? I'm assuming there are others like me that are following this thread and get excited to see a post notification, expecting a super deal, but only to see someone saying, "I'd love a nice TV".

Guess not...:pac:
    Anyone see any good deals on laptops?
    ThisRegard wrote: »
    Lots of them on Amazon last week, none today from what I can see unless they pop up later.
    Mr.S wrote: »
    Smyths have the console, fifa and halo at 345
    godtabh wrote: »
    You sure? Just checked ad dont see it.
    jeffk wrote: »
    You need to look for international shipping and even with that can take some messing(I found)

Use google chrome, it will ask do you want to translate the page
    Certain items will ship here. Use Chrome to translate the page.
    racso1975 wrote: »
    I know .de does as i ordered off them last week. Right click your mouse button on the web page and on the menu translate page comes up. I use google crome and thats how i do it

Advertisement