Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fargo Season 2 **US Spoilers**

Options

Comments

Keplar240B wrote: »
    I think I missed a bit why is one of the slient brothers alive ?

Did they ley him live to send message?

Injun' Joe knifed and killed one of them and just knocked the other guy out with a punch. I had assumed that he had then killed him so was surprised to see the remaining twin with Mike Milligan later on in the episode when they were putting the scares on the "chunky-but-you-would" daughter girl. Could be a bad move on his part and I see the two of them meeting up again! Surely there was someone less dangerous to leave alive. The two twins must be a sort of intentional throwback to the deaf henchman guy from season 1 who never spoke, just like the twins never seem to say anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Keplar240B wrote: »
    I think I missed a bit why is one of the slient brothers alive ?

Did they ley him live to send message?

Psychological warfare, I'd say. The surviving twin will suffer more by being left alive, and every time Milligan & co. see him they'll be unsettled because there used to be two of them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Killing the other twin would have been the logical thing to do as now the remaining one is even more hellbent on revenge, and it seems pretty clear his skills make him more than capable of getting it.

It would be interesting to see how they decided which twin would die, although I guess they could just split the remaining scenes between both actors.

Overall I think its on a par with season one but definitely has the potential to surpass it as the first series kind of turned into the Malvo show, which was great but was a bit Ott at times.

The UFO sightings are also very interesting and totally unexpected which is great. What was the story with the picture Molly drew was that the sun or another thinly veiled reference to the UFO sightings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

The UFO sightings are also very interesting and totally unexpected which is great. What was the story with the picture Molly drew was that the sun or another thinly veiled reference to the UFO sightings?

You could see the mother's reaction - "and there's the sun..... wait a second, that's not the sun..."

Nicely eerie and unexplained. I just hope they have a way of tying it in in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Great season so far. How many episodes will there be?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

glasso wrote: »
    .......... The two twins must be a sort of intentional throwback to the deaf henchman guy from season 1 who never spoke, just like the twins never seem to say anything.

One of the two "bad" guys in movie hardly spoke either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,472 ✭✭✭Penfailed

el diablo wrote: »
    Great season so far. How many episodes will there be?

Ten.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Another very good episode. I guess Milligan figured fat chicks are like mopeds -> you don't want your friends to see you on one.
    The only think that I don't get is why Sheriff Ted Danson left Kirsten Dunst's gaff (she hasn't aged welll for 33 although maybe they are laying off the war paint, which reminds me injun' Joe wasn't as sharp as he usually was in this episode) - did they tie up yer man Dodd or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

*last weeks episode observation*

The CGi blood in the forest shoot out/neck slitting jarred, esp when the series as a whole is so well made. Good old fashioned Kensington Gore still works best.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭delaney001

Another belter of an episode this week.
    You could see straight away where Mike Milligan was headed once he put down that phone. It really has been a bad week for the Gerhard family... And it looks like its getting no better.
    It's hard not to love the cop, Hollys dad (name escapes me). He has great timing, with a cool and calmness that he doesnt try to over sell.
    It's just a glorious show, cant wait for next week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Brilliant stuff again this week..tension, humour you couldn't beat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

delaney001 wrote: »
    Another belter of an episode this week.
    You could see straight away where Mike Milligan was headed once he put down that phone. It really has been a bad week for the Gerhard family... And it looks like its getting no better.
    It's hard not to love the cop, Hollys dad (name escapes me). He has great timing, with a cool and calmness that he doesnt try to over sell.
    It's just a glorious show, cant wait for next week.

I believe that's Ted Danson. He used to be a major league alcoholic baseball player who ran a place in Boston called Cheers. Just compliment him on his hair and you're winning. Seriously, if you haven't seen Cheers yet, watch it - dated a little but still funny as a roomful of drunks.

93854288a5bbd1927c7434a21856e382307047ab180e986e1fdd2aa55404697c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,110 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Cracking episode again, I think Dunst needed to do a bit more to Bear though. The frustration of Lous father in law, the cop, talking to her about what is happening is great.

I think it'll all come to a head in Sioux Falls now. Hate waiting a week between episodes.

Mushy wrote: »
    Hate waiting a week between episodes.

Indeed, biggest mistake I made...impatience. Would love to have this to binge watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,110 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Indeed, biggest mistake I made...impatience. Would love to have this to binge watch!

Could wait 4 weeks and binge watch the end....but no, won't happen.

Mushy wrote: »
    Could wait 4 weeks and binge watch the end....but no, won't happen.

Nope...too invested in it now. Lay on Fargo, and damn be him who first cries, hold enough! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭PIORUN

I believe that's Ted Danson. He used to be a major league alcoholic baseball player who ran a place in Boston called Cheers. Just compliment him on his hair and you're winning. Seriously, if you haven't seen Cheers yet, watch it - dated a little but still funny as a roomful of drunks.

93854288a5bbd1927c7434a21856e382307047ab180e986e1fdd2aa55404697c.jpg
    no Mollys Dad is Lou played by Patrick Wilson, he's been top class. Ted Danson plays Betsy's ( Mollys mother) Dad.

There was no overt UFO references this week was there?

PIORUN wrote: »
    no Mollys Dad is Lou played by Patrick Wilson, he's been top class. Ted Danson plays Betsy's ( Mollys mother) Dad.

Yes that's who I was referring to. He is excellent to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

The GF really did drop off this show at the wrong time :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Another very good episode. I guess Milligan figured fat chicks are like mopeds -> you don't want your friends to see you on one.
    The only think that I don't get is why Sheriff Ted Danson left Kirsten Dunst's gaff (she hasn't aged welll for 33 although maybe they are laying off the war paint, which reminds me injun' Joe wasn't as sharp as he usually was in this episode) - did they tie up yer man Dodd or what?

Where are you getting this ridiculous notion that that girl is fat or KD looks old?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Great Cesars Ghost !! what a cracking episode!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

"You're a little touched aren't ya"

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭PIORUN

"You're a little touched aren't ya"
    quote of season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

From episode 5 - "my mother could find the cloud in every silver lining".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I thought the lawyer was amazing. Gun pointed at him talking absolute ****e. This week's episode was the best so far for me.

I thought the lawyer was amazing. Gun pointed at him talking absolute ****e. This week's episode was the best so far for me.

His pontificating was right on the verge of becoming annoying but he pulled it back brilliantly when explaining the fathers options outside, with a shotgun in his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

the "chunky-but-you-would" daughter girl.....
    Where are you getting this ridiculous notion that that girl is fat or KD looks old?

So I'm not the only one who thinks his comments are ridiculous.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

This and leftovers are head and shoulders above everything else right now

Advertisement