Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viral Facebook video speaking out about domestic violence (Read mod note in the OP)

• 06-07-2015 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭john why

Did anyone see the video on FB with over 550k views in a few hours? Poor girl telling how her fella whose a fitness instructor gave her a black eye in front of her kid. Fair play to her speaking out and hopefully helping others suffering from domestic violence.

Mod note:

Absolutely no identifying the man involved and no links to her facebook page. You can link to media sources that has the video in it.

Mod: Right, let's drop the whole "don't be dating scumbags/women date scumbags blah blah blah". Most people don't choose to date an abuser. And no, this isn't up for discussion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,128 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

In before the lock?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

john why wrote: »
    Did anyone see the video on FB with over 550k views in a few hours? Poor girl telling how her fella whose a fitness instructor gave her a black eye in front of her kid. Guy has a gym in santry and about four times the size of her. Fair play to her speaking out and hopefully helping others suffering from domestic violence.
    True, not enough male victims of domestic violence speak out

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

Are you going to post the video?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Guy has a gym and about four times the size of her.

Sounds like a tiny gym tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭taytobreath

just saw it meself, she has a nice shiner to one of her eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭john why

Are you going to post the video?

I'm not sure how to upload this from FB and put it up here. Any suggestions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,628 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Give us your facebook password and I'll do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

Just copy the URL from Facebook and post it here by clicking on the Earth-shaped icon (when you hover the mouse over the icon, it says "insert link").

*Edit. Nevermind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Can someone post the video, so us normal people without bukeface can see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Fair ****s to her. Absolute scummer better off without him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,358 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I don't watch viral videos. Wouldn't want to catch anything off'em.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Opening this again. Read the warning in the OP. No links to her facebook page and no indentifying the man. You can link to other sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭john why

Nim wrote: »
    Opening this again. Read the warning in the OP. No links to her facebook page and no indentifying the man. You can link to other sources.

Thanks for opening this, it's a very important subject

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Has the partner had a right of reply?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Yeah, fair play to her, trial by Facebook is a great idea.

Look, she knew well that everyone on her facebook account would know who she was talking about as everyone who knows her would know her boyfriend and so looks to me as if this is just revenge for the affairs. I question her motives. We don't know what happened in this altercation. We don't know if she also was violent. All she says she did wrong was throw his phone. She says: "No man has any right to put his hands on a women / to raise his hands to a woman".

No.. Nobody has the right to put their hands on anyone, regardless of gender.

If she really wants to help women that suffer abuse through domestic violence: go to the Gardai first, not Facebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

eviltwin wrote: »
    Has the partner had a right of reply?

I think Internet Law allows him to outline his defence on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭farmchoice

its on the daily mail online if anyone wants to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Right if this is real I hope she and more importantly the kid are provided shelter pronto.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Yeah Facebook Justice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Facebook court..please gather the mob...all cv's accepted

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I'm on her side until I'm given reason not be tbh. I did immediately think 'nobody has the right to hit anyone else' as opposed to 'no man'.

For now I think she's staying with family, so at least she has a roof over her head and some support. It took guts to tell the word what had been going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Lenn Brennan

The man in question has deleted all of his social media, including his business page

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I watched it and felt for the woman and her children.

I am, at the best of times, cynical of peoples online antics and self promoting use of Facebook and twitter. In this case I don't believe it matters why the woman chose to air the abuse she received.

This woman was beaten by her partner and her children had to witness it. She felt sharing this with others in this manner would either help her or protect others. I don't see where there is room to make any sort of mockery of any part of this story/thread . . I especially don't see how anybody can say what she "should of done" unless they themselves have first hand experience of being beaten and overcoming it . .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Saw this last night, my wife was watching it on FB.

I hope she reported him to the cops too and not just posted the video. Great that she is raising awareness and all, but she should definitely report him. Sounds like it was the 3rd time he had hit her too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

The man in question has deleted all of his social media, including his business page

Not all of it he hasn't, there is still some youtube accounts and a business website and Google+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Holy crap, just seen on Twitter who the guy is. Ah sure ffs, now I stand over what I said ten fold.

The chap needs locking up if guilty, no question, but this is just revenge as she knows damn well going public will ruin him. Does he deserve that? To have this video on his family member's FB feed? Perhaps, but only if and when he is found guilty, not beforehand. That's what we have authorities for.

Had this been a nobody, would she be straight on to Facebook with a video?

Not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Lenn Brennan

srumball wrote: »
    Not all of it he hasn't, there is still some youtube accounts and a business website and Google+

His FB and instagram is gone and these are where he was most active

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Not a chance.
    Not a chance... Do you mean not a chance that she could possibly have any interest in using her own misfortune to highlight a very serious issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Holy crap, just seen on Twitter who the guy is. Ah sure ffs, now I stand over what I said ten fold.

The chap needs locking up if guilty, no question, but this is just revenge as she knows damn well going public will ruin him. Does he deserve that? To have this video on his family member's FB feed? Perhaps, but only if and when he is found guilty, not beforehand. That's what we have authorities for.

Had this been a nobody, would she be straight on to Facebook with a video?

Not a chance.

I reckon to 99% of the population he is a nobody.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement