Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Goat meat

Options
  • 05-06-2015 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

I believe I will be receiving some goat meat this weekend, possibly a leg of goat.

I was thinking of slow roasting it (like a leg of lamb). I dont know how big it is going to be.

Anyway, just thought Id throw it out there to see if anyone had any ideas or suggestions for it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,336 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

I would treat it like lamb, so roast it, make a curry, mince it, make kebabs depending on what you'd do with a similar cut of lamb.

Goat leg will be smaller than a lamb leg, tasty meat.

F.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

depending on the age of the goat, it might be better to treat it like mutton rather than lamb. If it's an older animal think low and slow.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Had roasted kid goat before - absolutely delicious. Think it was cooked same as a regular leg of lamb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Cheers all, was considering treating it like lamb alright, I will find out if its kid goat when I am given it.

Ill let ye know how it goes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement