Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Supergirl [CW] - US pace - [**Spoilers**]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Sarn

I enjoyed it, a few good moments in it. It'll be interesting to see how it goes. I managed to watch Smallville from start to finish and that was pretty terrible in places. Hopefully they can avoid that with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

MJohnston wrote: »
    I really, really enjoyed that. They need to ditch Winn, or rewrite him immediately because he had two lines that were just plain awful - thinking she was a Lesbian and that's why she didn't want to go out with him, and the one about her looking much prettier without glasses. Get rid of those lines and he'd be okay as a character,
    it almost like he was the gay friend

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Not a bad start, hopefully it improves over the length of the series, she is a likeable and good looking supergirl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

it almost like he was the gay friend

Funny because when he was on Smash, he also played the straight guy who everyone initally thought was the gay one.
    He's been on broadway a bit and is an excellent singer so that's his personality I think, not overtly straight/camp

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I've just realised that he's got the same name as supervillain The Toyman. Maybe they're re-inventing him as an extra angry MRA?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

That long ???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Peter Facinelli cast as Maxwell Lord

Watched it a few weeks back and found it pretty poor. It looked cheap and the writing was dreadful some of the dialogue and characters felt like they belonged in a mid 90s day time soap. Not sure I'll bother with this as there's so much great stuff on that even the presence of Dean Cain can't entice me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

cast interview with tvline, im actually really looking forward to this show, the pilot was much better than i expected, im really hoping it doesnt take a nose dive after the pilot, id say its expensive to make so it would really wanna hit the ground running, as it could be a show that could get cancelled early if it struggles

and the panel from comic con

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

New trailer.

Red Tornado, General Sam Lane and Non (Kryptonian criminal) to appear in show

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/cbs-supergirl-to-feature-red-tornado-general-lane-more

First look at Red Tornado
    107117_d0026.jpg

i must say that look absolutely terrible, whoever designed that should be fired immediately,

11011263_1470458573263890_6056000124827640695_n.jpg?oh=4548f39315824a4f360ae6244e3e7f44&oe=566935BC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Is this on TV here yet?

veganrun wrote: »
    Is this on TV here yet?
    not due to air stateside till october 26th, might start here maybe a week or two later, the pilot is bouncing about the net for a while now,

• Registered Users Posts: 84,808 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CBS has cast Chris Vance in the recurring role of Non Source

• Registered Users Posts: 84,808 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

veganrun wrote: »
    Is this on TV here yet?

Starts on Sky 1 on Thursday October 29th at 8pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Starts tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Really quite enjoyed that. It's trending #2 on twitter, worldwide, at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

Is this the same one that was on a couple of months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 20,881 ✭✭✭✭Stark

how can she afford that apartment?

Wasn't quite sure but was she sharing the apartment with her sister?

Thought it was fun, though all the "girl power" stuff was quite cringeworthy. Reminded me of the Saturday night live Black Widow sketch:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Wasnt a bad start at all. Definitely gonna be a show that takes a little while to find its tone properly so I'll be sticking with it for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I'm not sure it says much about girl power or empowerment. It seems that unlike most Superman stories that she will be working for this military organisation- she was basically being bossed around and given out too by the officer and her sister. Superman, in the films or Smallville tv show, tended to work outside the government or with the military or in certain cases, but definitely not for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

anything different from the earlier version?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,955 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I must not be in the target demographic, since I'd had enough after the plane. I thought it was an exercise in "box-ticking", even throwing in some signposted "diversity". I'n in favour of diversity, but it should emerge organically, not feel as forced as this. :rolleyes:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Well they do highlight the plane thing as Supes first save too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

bnt wrote: »
    I must not be in the target demographic, since I'd had enough after the plane. I thought it was an exercise in "box-ticking", even throwing in some signposted "diversity". I'n in favour of diversity, but it should emerge organically, not feel as forced as this. :rolleyes:

What do you mean by diversity? Certainly they overplayed a lot of the key themes, but that's exactly what happens in most pilot episodes, especially Arrow and The Flash.

Advertisement