Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Have your car ever helped you pull?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

166man wrote: »
    It was the two BM's I had the 5er and the 7er that got the most female attention.

Last girl I was with was American who hadn't evern heard what an Alpha Romero was........:pac:

That would have been an absolute dealbreaker with me!

Besides, I seem to always stumble into women whose concept of car is "has wheels, moves" :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

H3llR4iser wrote: »

Besides, I seem to always stumble into women whose concept of car is "has wheels, moves" :/

Exactly, same as me!

I thought the e36 coupe would have been a winner but no, it's only lads Interested.

"uuugh its a 99, get it away from me"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

YbFocus wrote: »
    Exactly, same as me!

I thought the e36 coupe would have been a winner but no, it's only lads Interested.

"uuugh its a 99, get it away from me"

Lactose intolerant?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

galljga1 wrote: »
    Lactose intolerant?

:D

Should have seen that one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

H3llR4iser wrote: »

Hence why I'm here in Ireland and she's back in the U.S....! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

Met a girl in college; all I had was a bus-pass at the time.

But we both were 'into' cars; actually one brand in particular. We had an interest in the historic aspect of this manufacturer. I think this interest helped us in our fledgling friendship at the time.

25 years on and we're married and still have matching 'his' and 'hers' cars.. ha ha ha..

.....and she allows me to keep a few of them too to play with. I think secretly she just likes the serpent. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Tea 1000 wrote: »
    You're back!

I didn't go anywhere :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Old VW campers do very well, its the best icebreaker on the planet as good as puppies or a baby. You also do need to splash out on a hotel to do the deed.

Tazio wrote: »

But we both were 'into' cars; actually one brand in particular. We had an interest in the historic aspect of this manufacturer. I think this interest helped us in our fledgling friendship at the time.

25 years on and we're married and still have matching 'his' and 'hers' cars.. ha ha ha..

.....and she allows me to keep a few of them too to play with. I think secretly she just likes the serpent. :)

COUNTLESS possibilities for double entendres on that one my man :D

krissovo wrote: »
    Old VW campers do very well, its the best icebreaker on the planet as good as puppies or a baby. You also do need to splash out on a hotel to do the deed.

They do very well indeed, especially if the rear windows are completely blocked - a roll of duct tape and some rope will help "keeping" the ladies "interested" :P:P:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

Probably to do with the fact that the person you expect to see driving a 7 series looks like this

OldMan.jpg

:pac:

that's not the Nidge Weasel!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

So this one time, I pulled into a space in the SuperValu car park, it was right beside the door, and a very elderly lady walks over to my car, opens the door and plonks herself into the passenger seat beside me. I was kind of lost for words since she wasn't carjacking me (never happened before) or propositioning me (this often happens you see), luckily enough a gentleman who I assumed was her son saw her/us and carefully removed her from my car, apologising for the inconvenience.

So yes, my car has got me a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Tazio wrote: »

it's a biscione

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

jenizzle wrote: »
    I didn't go anywhere :pac:
    Oh... I didn't notice you hanging around! Did you change your hair or something?! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭mossy50

THE GUARDS PULL ME ALL THE TIME

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

No, quite the opposite. I was openly mocked by an ex over my choice of vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,153 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

With the various fleet I have had I'm convinced that only the plate will get you a date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭alanmc

In the carpark at work. I was getting into the Z to go home after a crappy day. "Nice car!", I hear behind me. I turn round ... fingers crossed. Yes, she was a looker. "Is it a Porsche?", she follows up with. Me: " No, it's a Nissan three fif..." And before I can launch into a full on car nerd onslaught, she says "Oh!"

What followed was an awkward silence before she plucked up the courage to ... leave.

Moral of the story: When a woman you may be interested in asks you if it's a Porsche, you say YES.

alanmc wrote: »
    In the carpark at work. I was getting into the Z to go home after a crappy day. "Nice car!", I hear behind me. I turn round ... fingers crossed. Yes, she was a looker. "Is it a Porsche?", she follows up with. Me: " No, it's a Nissan three fif..." And before I can launch into a full on car nerd onslaught, she says "Oh!"

What followed was an awkward silence before she plucked up the courage to ... leave.

Moral of the story: When a woman you may be interested in asks you if it's a Porsche, you say YES.

Or, get an actual Porsche and then the combination of "nice car!" + looker happens, reply with "ever been in one?" :D

Ps. this sounds an afwul lot like the prank that Youtube channel played a while ago, the guy+Lambo stopping random ladies in the street and asking them to join him for lunch :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

I can't say I have. If your trying to pull someone that's into cars then it could well work with many different types of cars. However if you are looking to pull an average girl that has no interest in cars or how they work then generally you need a Bmw, Merc or Audi and even at that any old bmw won't work it would want to be fairly new.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Bpmull wrote: »
    I can't say I have. If your trying to pull someone that's into cars then it could well work with many different types of cars. However if you are looking to pull an average girl that has no interest in cars or how they work then generally you need a Bmw, Merc or Audi and even at that any old bmw won't work it would want to be fairly new.

A conversation that happened once

"what kinda car is that?"

"A xantia! Citroen make them..."

"looks absolutely unreal!"

"well, wait till you try the seats...."

Some women are mesmerized by the strangest of cars.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Can't believe this hasn't been posted yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Ah c'mon! You have a VW Golf that's also a van so plenty of room in the back...!

Practically a bed on wheels, chuck a mattress in the back and watch the queue grow BP....! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Sorry,
    but if it does not have that earth shattering veyron killing TDI engine in it,no woman will want to know.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Hang on now, didn't you saw you saw a wan licking your car one night. Hmmm, now that I think of it maybe a score wasn't possible there - maybe tis just VAG she likes...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...maybe tis just VAG she likes...

<HONK!> :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

When chicks see me in my wagon they know I'm *special*

AC_Invalid_Carriage_1976.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Hang on now, didn't you saw you saw a wan licking your car one night. Hmmm, now that I think of it maybe a score wasn't possible there - maybe tis just VAG she likes...

That did genuinely happen although she was that drunk she was struggling to walk there was lipstick all over the drivers window. I don't know she was probably tring to kiss her reflection in the window or something :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

el tel wrote: »
    When chicks see me in my wagon they know I'm *special*

AC_Invalid_Carriage_1976.JPG

I would say thats got many a woman absolutely soaking el tel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I have to say my A5 turned alot of heads when I got it new in 08.
    Still turns a few but it's time for a new car now.
    What to buy?

Advertisement