Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How did you score in your last round...2015??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

mafc wrote: »
    Sorry, but have to ask :eek:

Let sleeping dogs lie.......

Ok, first was the 18th (shotgun start so started on the 4th). Winter pins so pin is right at the front of green just at the top of a very steep slope that runs down to fairway. Had a 20ft put from middle of green to pin, shaved the edge of the hole (slowly enough) and ran the whole way off green, next putt is back up steep slope, bit too firm and leave myself 10ft back to pin. I do the exact same thing again and run it off the green. Its a brutal pin and really unfair, but this time of year its just nice to have full greens and in great shape.

Next was the 3rd, our last hole. Very easy hole, but the green makes up for it. Pin on a slope and I'm 15ft away on the high side of pin, roll it by with my first, hammer my second back up and then miss a tiddler back. At that stage we were just laughing and with 25 points on the card, I didn't loose any sleep over it:D

Two weeks ago I was out and leaving every putt short, so yesterday I said I would give everything a good rap and I did, hopefully next week it will be somewhere in between and a few might drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

33 points around Corballis off 5 in pretty crazy conditions for the first 6/7 holes, still windy for the rest. Hit hybrid into 1st and came up short, crazy wind, putting was good today which saved me, 27 putts. Was qualifying so interesting to see the what the css will be.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Senna wrote: »
    Let sleeping dogs lie.......

Ok, first was the 18th (shotgun start so started on the 4th). Winter pins so pin is right at the front of green just at the top of a very steep slope that runs down to fairway. Had a 20ft put from middle of green to pin, shaved the edge of the hole (slowly enough) and ran the whole way off green, next putt is back up steep slope, bit too firm and leave myself 10ft back to pin. I do the exact same thing again and run it off the green. Its a brutal pin and really unfair, but this time of year its just nice to have full greens and in great shape.

Few years back I played Dunmurry for the first time, think it's the 4th where the green is high up an ever ascending fairway, I hit my second to the back of the green (delighted with myself). When I got up there the pin was right at the front, left my first putt well short (very long putt) then slided my next putt just by and it proceeded to make it's way off the green and just took up pace and well down onto the fairway, I chose a wedge for my 5th shot to get back onto the green and made it (just) only for the ball to edge back off the green and accelerate way past where I was standing so 6th shot into middle of the green for a scratch and picked up! Was a laugh, birdie putt (in theory) to a scratch after having to go back to two wedges!!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

38pts (off 5) at the Portmarnock Links on Wed (semi-open)

+6 (14pts) on front nine
    -3 (24pts) on back nine

I think there's a 40pts in but I'm chuffed to be cut

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭rollotomasi

dar_cool wrote: »
    33 points around Corballis off 5 in pretty crazy conditions for the first 6/7 holes, still windy for the rest. Hit hybrid into 1st and came up short, crazy wind, putting was good today which saved me, 27 putts. Was qualifying so interesting to see the what the css will be.

28 puts off 5. Best thing I did was mark Dar's card :-)
    Respectable from tee to green but lots of flubbing on and around greens.
    5 club wind for first half dozen holes didn't help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,740 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

dar_cool wrote: »

Well Parlance had 35 (I think) - Pcasso 39 and I had 31.

I think you were unlucky - as conditions fine later on dar.

Seen your name on sheet - didn't know your name was Mr Cool ;)

38pts (off 5) at the Portmarnock Links on Wed (semi-open)

+6 (14pts) on front nine
    -3 (24pts) on back nine

I think there's a 40pts in but I'm chuffed to be cut

amazing score there on back.

Where did you get the gold ?

Back playing good golf for the day.

Lads - we were waiting for a day like that - best of the year.
    All course in play - full rules - 12 holes. Wish it was 18.

24 pts for 12 - was 1 over for my first 9.

Delighted to be back playing good golf.

Unusually also got up and down from places I should and got up and down from I places I shouldn't.

Didn't finish brilliant. But happy out. Putter hot,

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Played our hallowed turf this morning, 4 over standing on the ninth, hit a decent drive, a bit on the left. Took me 3 wood out and hit a real good shot, but a little left hit the only branch of a tree that overhangs the fairway full on never to be seen again, a dirty great 8. Got me sally noggin together with a swift talking to on the 10th tee and did a level par back nine for 41 points and a 79 gross. 18 holes on a lovely calm spring morning, i need another fix ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Played our hallowed turf this morning, 4 over standing on the ninth, hit a decent drive, a bit on the left. Took me 3 wood out and hit a real good shot, but a little left hit the only branch of a tree that overhangs the fairway full on never to be seen again, a dirty great 8. Got me sally noggin together with a swift talking to on the 10th tee and did a level par back nine for 41 points and a 79 gross. 18 holes on a lovely calm spring morning, i need another fix ASAP.

Jaysus, how come you couldn't score like that last year..... 😜

• Advertisement

Lovely day for a game ... Spring is in the air.

Gross 79

Played well... Missed a few putts that I would normally expect to make.
    Driving & irons happy enough
    Couple of shots ground before ball
    Short game very good

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Round Thursday, round today, both great conditions considering the recent chills, 36 points off Winter tees both days, one day putter great irons poor, next day irons great and putting poor, same result at 86 pokes each day, go figure?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Haven't been out in a few days, getting more practice in at the range instead but I did get out with Lemlog last Tuesday.

I had a scratch on the 5th. I was hitting my second from the fairway,right at the transition, when the group behind tee'd off. I pulled it left and ducked and lost the ball so that was that. Turns out they could barely make the fairway but I didn't know that mid swing :(

Anyhow, aside from the scratch I was 2 over on the front. The back nine was back to reality with (not 100% sure, forgot to mark the card for the back) between 8-11 over. Still would be a cut though, hopefully keep it up for the qualifying rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

mafc wrote: »
    Jaysus, how come you couldn't score like that last year..... 😜
    A very good question, getting better at hitting it towards the hole has deffo helped CD GC???

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Can we keep the chat to the how's your game thread please :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Great to see this thread slowly begin to awaken. Great weather this morning, 29 points thru 14 off 17. Very sloppy front half, surprised as I totted up 13 points. had a good matchplay going against a partner where we were level with 3 to play. Scratch birdie par to beat him even though he played them in level par.

Delighted and embarrassed at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭idle

Knocked 2 balls around the links in Waterville yesterday. Played a lot of the round in a T shirt!!! Counting the best ball on each hole 75 strokes for 17 holes (6th is closed at the moment) for 44 points off 17

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

14 hole comp in portumna today, first time the course was open on a sunday in 5 weeks..

had 31pts of 10, was very happy with that..
    7 pars, 1 birdie and 6 bogies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

37 off 16 in home club(galway bay) in testing conditions. Happy bar my putting which is erratic still. 30 putts of which I should I definitely had 4 less at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Ciaranra

4 over today
    2 birdies
    1 double
    level par back 9
    Good shooting but ball striking not great today.
    Putted and chipped well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

11 over for 37pts. Chipping improving. Seem to lack a bit of energy/focus at the end of the round, 2 doubles in the last 5 holes.

Got another round in today in very windy conditions .......

5 over
    Played well
    3 birdies in 4 holes helped big time including a two inch tap in on 11th, how it didn't go in the hole for an ace I'll never know.
    Roll on next weekend, really feel a level par round isn't too far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Played in the Winter League matchplay yesterday against a guy playing off 20. So I was giving him 15 shots :) I shot 3 under gross for 17 holes...... and lost!

I started off birdie, birdie, birdie, birdie for the first 4 holes and I was 3 up. Unfortunately my start was too good as my opponent gave up and just relaxed and then proceeded to play out of his skin. I picked up another couple of birdies on the way around but it wasn't good enough. We worked out his score afterwards, he was 11 over with 3 double bogeys and 2 birdies.

These things happen. I couldn't have played any better. I've had a lot of good rounds in the last 12 months, but that was the best one of the whole lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Macker1

Finally got to play some golf with my first round since Dec 2014. Very happy how it went considering the rustiness which led to a few errant shots early on.

9 Pars
    7 Bogeys
    2 doubles (2 shanks on holes 2 & 3 :eek::eek:)

Brought in 37pts off 12 which is better than I expected after a long break thanks to weather and work.

Now the bad bit. I managed to break my beloved 7 Iron on the 12th hole when escaping from the clutches of a tree. Found myself wanting to hit this iron for another 3-4 shots during remainder of round so it will need to be replaced asap.

Just wondering do anyone know where I can get the club reshafted using an identical shaft. The club is a Taylormade RocketBladez Regular Flex 85gm steel. I left it with the pro at the club and he is going to check around. The trouble is the fact it is a stepped shaft that normally has to come from Taylormade themselves.

I did come across this

http://www.ironfinder.com/item_detail.asp?sku=97374

Any suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Macker1 wrote: »
    Finally got to play some golf with my first round since Dec 2014. Very happy how it went considering the rustiness which led to a few errant shots early on.

9 Pars
    7 Bogeys
    2 doubles (2 shanks on holes 2 & 3 :eek::eek:)

Brought in 37pts off 12 which is better than I expected after a long break thanks to weather and work.

Now the bad bit. I managed to break my beloved 7 Iron on the 12th hole when escaping from the clutches of a tree. Found myself wanting to hit this iron for another 3-4 shots during remainder of round so it will need to be replaced asap.

Just wondering do anyone know where I can get the club reshafted using an identical shaft. The club is a Taylormade RocketBladez Regular Flex 85gm steel. I left it with the pro at the club and he is going to check around. The trouble is the fact it is a stepped shaft that normally has to come from Taylormade themselves.

I did come across this

http://www.ironfinder.com/item_detail.asp?sku=97374

Any suggestions

Wasn't it the round with you and your friend in Rathcore where my brother broke the shaft of his Taylormade RocketBladez 7i ? Regular flex aswell.

He wrapped it around a tree on the 8th I think.

He just sold them on but the Headfort pro said he could get a shaft for it, not sure if it was the exact same but it would have the same weight and stepping iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

First game in about 5 weeks as there has been a lot of frost around the last few Sunday mornings. 27pts for 13 holes and I was quite pleased with that as I was a bit rusty all round. Highlight was a nice chip in for birdie 3 on the 12th after being on the wrong fairway with my drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Winter league matchplay yesterday and I just blew my opponent away! Won my match 8&7 after 11 holes, my best ever win in matchplay. Absolutely played out of my skin, probably my best round ever. We played on until the 16th, which is near the clubhouse. Would have loved to have played the last two just to see the finishing score, but the match was just ending all round and people gathered around the 16th/18th greens....and our team won so a good day overall.

Anyway of the holes I finished out I scored 11 pars and 4 bogies and one pick up when in a good position (hole conceded to me). And one of those 4 bogies was when I had a straightforward 6ft putt for par but just cosied it up beside the hole as I had two for the win. Most probably would have broken 80 easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

34pts off 12 in 15 hole comp.
    Happy enough just need to get to the range as i am millimg these new clubs and overshot the green on 5 holes!!!!

Rikand wrote: »
    Played in the Winter League matchplay yesterday against a guy playing off 20. So I was giving him 15 shots :) I shot 3 under gross for 17 holes...... and lost!

I started off birdie, birdie, birdie, birdie for the first 4 holes and I was 3 up. Unfortunately my start was too good as my opponent gave up and just relaxed and then proceeded to play out of his skin. I picked up another couple of birdies on the way around but it wasn't good enough. We worked out his score afterwards, he was 11 over with 3 double bogeys and 2 birdies.

These things happen. I couldn't have played any better. I've had a lot of good rounds in the last 12 months, but that was the best one of the whole lot!

Sorry - I know we don't do chat here - but above needs a thread on own.

Rik - That your best run from the off ever - must be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭rollotomasi

73 gross in casual round at Thurles in nice conditions. Good from tee to green but no putts made. 1 bird, 2 bogeys, 15 pars.

Advertisement