Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bold, italics, underline, etc.

Options
  • 19-12-2014 1:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I just see in some posts that the text can be made bold, done in italics, underlined, etc.

How does one do this? I see no options to do it. Is it something to do with amount of posts or length of time on the site or what?

Thanks in advance.

Jase

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,062 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There's buttons for them on the edit bar, though you may need to switch to advanced editor mode to see them.

Alternately you could manually add the tags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

Thanks, Spear. But there doesn't appear to be any editing bar at all when I go to post. I've changed the settings through my user control panel and everything, but there are still no buttons or anything to let me do it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,062 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Ah, your account is too new, you don't get many of the editing options. This will change in 5 days or so.

You could manually add the tags still I believe e.g. [noparse] and [/noparse] to give bold text.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

Spear wrote: »
    Ah, your account is too new, you don't get many of the editing options. This will change in 5 days or so.

You could manually add the tags still I believe e.g. [noparse] and [/noparse] to give bold text.

Cool beans! Thanks for the answers!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tommybojangles

dropping in to thank this too!

• Advertisement
Advertisement