Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Al Capwned wrote: »
    I'm going to give it a couple of weeks.
    The transfer window at the Bernabeu is open......

Did you swap stadiums with Madrid!? :confused::D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Did you swap stadiums with Madrid!? :confused::D

He's doing a RL Mourinho on it and diverting attention away from his player ...

So Madrid, Barca says your selling .... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Haha, ffs....

I was reading an article on Ronaldo here and my brain is obviously not able for two things at one.

So yeah, anyway, all my players at the Mestalla are now officially for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

The transfer market may spring into some more life soon.....

Lyon manager is gone! There's at least 7 players I'd like from them but i'm not leaving Udinese.

Al.....might reignite your interest in the game if you decide to move from Barca. Some cracking players there and you'll be working your way up from division 4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Mario Gomez with a - 1 was expecting it but it still hurts, at least he's started well in Turkey, might earn it back again

• Advertisement

v7vc4w.png

Go home SM, you're drunk!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Colemania wrote: »
    The transfer market may spring into some more life soon.....

Lyon manager is gone! There's at least 7 players I'd like from them but i'm not leaving Udinese.

Al.....might reignite your interest in the game if you decide to move from Barca. Some cracking players there and you'll be working your way up from division 4

Yeah serious squad there. Back to back promotions would be very attainable with that team and no reason why they shouldn't be in Div 1 quickly enough afterwards. Must be a tempter for a lot of lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

I'm considering a drastic move, parting with one of only 8 94+ rated defenders in the game (by contrast, there's around 20 94+ rated forwards!)!

Reluctantly, i'm considering selling the rock of my defence; Chiellini. :eek:

Only turned 31 a few weeks ago, so has plenty left in his legs, should retain his 94 rating for a good few more gameworld seasons (provided he stops scoring OGs!). :pac:

Had a quick look there and only three or four 94+ rated defenders have ever been traded in this gameworld so *In my best salesman voice* this represents a rare and unique opportunity to obtain a top rated player in a much sought after position. :P

I'm sitting on a pile of cash so i'm not really interested in adding to it, but i'll look at all offers over the next week or so. If nothing comes in i'll hold onto him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thisyear

Yeah serious squad there. Back to back promotions would be very attainable with that team and no reason why they shouldn't be in Div 1 quickly enough afterwards. Must be a tempter for a lot of lads?

Shhh don't tell anyone, applied there so hopefully I get to follow my dream of managing.... Lyon

thisyear wrote: »
    Shhh don't tell anyone, applied there so hopefully I get to follow my dream of managing.... Lyon

A dream come through

Robbie-Keane.jpg

• Advertisement

A dream come through

Robbie-Keane.jpg

Do you think Robbie needed place cards to remind him which club he was at as his dreams came true!!!!!

Do you think Robbie needed place cards to remind him which club he was at as his dreams came true!!!!!

Ah Robbie is a good lad, proper servant to Ireland!

What team are you at at the moment?

Ah Robbie is a good lad, proper servant to Ireland!

What team are you at at the moment?

Too true,

Attempting to run the gig at Wolfsburg, in the top 4 in div 4 thanks to some good work by Diego and bost!!!

Too true,

Attempting to run the gig at Wolfsburg, in the top 4 in div 4 thanks to some good work by Diego and bost!!!

Good stuff, whether you're at Wolfsburg or Lyon have a look at Bayern and we might be able to do a deal :)

Good stuff, whether you're at Wolfsburg or Lyon have a look at Bayern and we might be able to do a deal :)

Cheers lad, will do!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

San Marino slumped to a 2 - 0 defeat to US Palermo in their Friendly fixture.

The San Marino 'Challenge' :

Rank | Team | Score | GD | Last goal
    1 | Bayern Munich | 8 - 0 | 8 | 88
    2 | Napoli | 8 - 1 | 7 | 88
    3 | Anzhi | 5 - 1 | 4 | 86
    4 | Spartak Moscow | 5 - 1 | 4 | 89
    5 | FC Porto | 4 - 1 | 3 | 32
    6 | Anderlecht | 3 - 1 | 2 | 64
    7 | Palermo (A) | 2 - 0 | 2 | 62
    8| Chelsea (A) | 2 - 0 | 2 | 87
    9 | Standard Liege (A) | 1 - 2 (LOSERS!) | -1 | 5

(A) - Match was played in the challenger's stadium. (i.e. San Marino were away)

In order of precedence, teams shall be separated by:
    1. Goal Difference.
    2. Goals Scored.
    3. Earliest time for the last goal scored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lyon applications open since last night in the other thread lads

Despite having more shots and more shots on target it's one of those nights where our keeper lets almost everything in and we lose 3 0 to high flying Fiorentina.
    Next up is my bogey team Palmeiras, balls!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

A thrilling match ended 3 - 3 between Paris Saint-Germain and FC Porto in their Division 1 encounter.
    Mandžukić scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Ménez and Verratti were also amongst the goalscorers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

10 points from my last 12, that's more like it, up to 7th, 5 points off 1st

Come on the Bally boys! Yeoooow :pac:

• Advertisement

I'm already without Wanyama, now Morato goes and gets himself sent off ...

The match ended 3 - 3 between FC Porto and Paris Saint-Germain in a thrilling Division 1 encounter.
    Costa and Wimmer were amongst the goalscorers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

I won a fiuckin match. Beat the Greeks 2-1

Mourinho wrote: »
    10 points from my last 12, that's more like it, up to 7th, 5 points off 1st

Come on the Bally boys! Yeoooow :pac:

Of course your slow start would turn into a great run of form with our meeting around the corner!

I think I've 7 or 8 gameworlds and I won in 1, wtf?

Hammered by Napoli.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

SL Benfica slumped to a 2 - 0 defeat to Internazionale in their Division 1 fixture.

5 losses form my opening 6 games, gulp.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Grrrr lost 2-1 to Moscow even though we had 8 shots on target vs 3 to home team and bost scored in first minute. Clearly the media rumours concerning management at Lyon distracted the team....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

So if I was to say that I'd now consider Messi not to be unsellable....
    What would the feeling in the room be.....

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Al Capwned wrote: »
    What would the feeling in the room be.....

:)

Horny

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Just noticed my next fixture is against Spartak, the only club in Div 1 doing worse than me :o. 6 pointer already!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

Just noticed my next fixture is against Spartak, the only club in Div 1 doing worse than me :o. 6 pointer already!

Careful now, He'll go predicting all sorts of points hauls against you next ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement