Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

1-1 draw with unmanaged Shaktar.... Going to use the rest of the season to test out various tactics and give some squaddies a run...

Complete washout of a season, plz end it now

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

BERNAT brings down BALOTELLI with a tough challenge
    Free kick to FC Porto to the left of the box.
    Óliver TORRES tries to lift it over the wall.
    Goal GOAL!! - COURTOIS gets a hand to it but it's struck too well and sails in.

Courtois obviously was paid off by his fellow countryman. Must have cost Porto a bit. Definitely on Blatter's payroll :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

gerp99 wrote: »
    BERNAT brings down BALOTELLI with a tough challenge
    Free kick to FC Porto to the left of the box.
    Óliver TORRES tries to lift it over the wall.
    Goal GOAL!! - COURTOIS gets a hand to it but it's struck too well and sails in.

Courtois obviously was paid off by his fellow countryman. Must have cost Porto a bit. Definitely on Blatter's payroll :P

It was surprisingly easy to bribe Courtois ... anything to take his manager down a peg apparently :D

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    It was surprisingly easy to bribe Courtois ... anything to take his manager down a peg apparently :D

My current position has taken me down a few pegs. haha

So in this super realistic game, the top 6 in both D1 and D2 failed to win today...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

My new club beat my old club......

Everton beat unmanaged inter Milan 2-1 to go 7th in div 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Can't bid on an external player, any offer I make is either too low for their chairman or too high for mine ffs

My new club beat my old club......

Everton beat unmanaged inter Milan 2-1 to go 7th in div 1.

Only 2-1 ;):D

richieffff wrote: »
    Can't bid on an external player, any offer I make is either too low for their chairman or too high for mine ffs

What team are you? Are you on chat on SM?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Not sold on any of the bids for Kolarov, will probably hold onto him

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

What team are you? Are you on chat on SM?

Anzhi, on my phone at the moment so no chat unfortunately

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

ntep.jpg
    Estudiantes de LP beat Rangers 2 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Ntep scored both of the goals for Estudiantes de LP and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

A massive win between the top two of Division 3. It brings the gap down to two points and one goal, although we're still only two points clear of third placed PSV.

A trip to Celtic is up next, with my newly crowned 89 rated player, Ki, due to make a return from suspension.

Come on! We can definitely do this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

This game has definitely gone up the swanny,

Lost 4-1 at home to Zenit who had an 84 in defence.

Beat Liverpool 3-2 away despite them having 4 of the 5 best palyers on the pitch

And now I've lost 3-1 at home to Sporting despite the teams being relatively even

This game blows major ass!

No doubt I'll get raped by Sunderland on Thursday and then I'm gone...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Same issue this morning :(

Your Chairman is not willing to meet the valuation of 3,680,000 for ____________ and so you cannot bid for the player.

:(

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Same issue this morning :(

Your Chairman is not willing to meet the valuation of 3,680,000 for ____________ and so you cannot bid for the player.

:(

I'm only 150K off of being able to buy him :( cheap chairman

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

I'm only 150K off of being able to buy him :( cheap chairman

There's one player i've my eye on, but his value is 6,000 above my chairman value. 6 scabby grand. :(

These chairman issues do seem to fix themselves after time - Rodrigo Ely is an example, I first looked at him in Jan/Feb of this year - his chairman wanted approx. 6m which my chairman balked at - a few months later I notice someone was able to bid on him, went for a look and the new max was 5.4m, which I bid and I got him.

I can only assume that the RL team signed another defender of similar rating which reduced his value slightly - so keep monitoring the situation as they may drop in value soon enough and become approachable

I'll wait until he moves clubs and try again sure, chairman might feel more charitable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

God dammit, missed the loans again!!

Looks like my lads were getting a little confident after beating Chelsea in back to back games last week ...

FC Porto slumped to a 4 - 0 defeat to Chelsea in their SMFA Shield Quarter Final Leg 2 fixture.
    Chelsea went through 4 - 2 on aggregate.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Leon OSMAN has completed his move to Estudiantes de LP from Everton for 3,680,000

I'm hopeful he won't drop between now and the start of the new SM season. With Paul George Ntep going back to fight for his place at Roma next season, I'm hoping that the last of the three centre mid spots next season will be fought out between himself and Alain Traore. Either way, having four 88's for three positions should hopefully still be just enough cover.

Bargain price too considering he's now worth 5.4m so even if he does drop, I should still be able to get my money back, especially considering that he's not 35 until next May.

Thanks Everton! :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Wilberto wrote: »
    I'm hopeful he won't drop between now and the start of the new SM season. With Paul George Ntep going back to fight for his place at Roma next season, I'm hoping that the last of the three centre mid spots next season will be fought out between himself and Alain Traore. Either way, having four 88's for three positions should hopefully still be just enough cover.

Bargain price too considering he's now worth 5.4m so even if he does drop, I should still be able to get my money back, especially considering that he's not 35 until next May.

Thanks Everton! :):D

if osman retires you can have Pasalic on loan next season, he'll be unreal at monaco so i expect him to get to 88/89 next year ;)

These chairman issues do seem to fix themselves after time - Rodrigo Ely is an example, I first looked at him in Jan/Feb of this year - his chairman wanted approx. 6m which my chairman balked at - a few months later I notice someone was able to bid on him, went for a look and the new max was 5.4m, which I bid and I got him.

I can only assume that the RL team signed another defender of similar rating which reduced his value slightly - so keep monitoring the situation as they may drop in value soon enough and become approachable

nope, i had this issue a few weeks ago.....#3751
    the solution was to sell a few right sided players as i have loads. the block was lifted and i was able to buy Luis Advíncula but i missed his rise and had to pay more. :mad:

swoody wrote: »
    if osman retires you can have Pasalic on loan next season, he'll be unreal at monaco so i expect him to get to 88/89 next year ;)

Osman has one year left on his contract anyway so I'll definitely get one season out of him. However, it's whether he'll stay at 88 or not is what I'm *slightly* worried about (if at all :D).

That said though, I'll gladly take you up on that offer next season regardless. :)

Osman has one year left on his contract anyway so I'll definitely get one season out of him. However, it's whether he'll stay at 88 or not is what I'm *slightly* worried about (if at all :D).

That said though, I'll gladly take you up on that offer next season regardless. :)

us corkconians gotta look after each other, tis an awful world we live in.

Everton's win ratio with Osman in the team is staggeringly higher than their win ratio without him - he should easily maintain 88 for another season at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Through to the semi final V Hamburg I think. Would rather win the league but a trophy is a trophy at the end of the day, here's hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

Looks like my lads were getting a little confident after beating Chelsea in back to back games last week ...

FC Porto slumped to a 4 - 0 defeat to Chelsea in their SMFA Shield Quarter Final Leg 2 fixture.
    Chelsea went through 4 - 2 on aggregate.

Get in. You were asking for it with yer gloating :cool::)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Get in. You were asking for it with yer gloating

Yeah GT, if your going to gloat do it properly, like this guy!

• Advertisement

How do contact SM? someone needs to have words with them regarding pogba. they're taking the piss leaving him at 92. sami (i get injuried after 4 games and out for the season) khedira is the same standard as pogba and claudio (spend 3 seasons rotting on the bench cause i cant displace pirlo) marchisio is better according to them? Utter BS, paul (barca bound either this window or january) pogba is a 94 rated midfielder at juve end of. they can bump him to 95 when he signs for barca, fnck waiting for him to leave Italy......... rant over.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement