Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trim AC Bewley's 10 Mile Road Race 1/02/15

Options
  • 06-11-2014 9:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭

1st Feb ...in trim...
    Details to follow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Could be tempted !!! Depends on course etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

There selling it as fast & flat with the limited detail on there club website. Not many hills around Trim so should be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 luckycharmnp

tang1 wrote: »
    There selling it as fast & flat with the limited detail on there club website. Not many hills around Trim so should be the case.

Interested to see the route

Entry is now open through Precision Timing, no mention or link to a route yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

http://www.trimac.ie/

Anybody know what the course is?

• Advertisement

Thread open on this already, i emailed Trim AC asking about the course over 3 weeks ago but have yet to receive a reply. I've heard its going out the Dunderry Road and looping back around into Trim, dont take this as gospel though. If anybody from Trim AC posts here ye might get a course profile please.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Q7

Ran the proposed route last week - starts at the industrial estate on Dunderry road. Here's the garmin profile of the run - the industrial estate gates were closed so its missing the initial 800m at the start and end to make up the full 10 miles. The industrial estate is flat, just a couple of little drags on the run but nothing too bad - good road surface so should be a fast enough course.
    http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/642445763

Q7 wrote: »
    Ran the proposed route last week - starts at the industrial estate on Dunderry road. Here's the garmin profile of the run - the industrial estate gates were closed so its missing the initial 800m at the start and end to make up the full 10 miles. The industrial estate is flat, just a couple of little drags on the run but nothing too bad - good road surface so should be a fast enough course.
    http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/642445763

Would i be correct in saying it starts & finishes in Oaktree Business Park Q7?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Q7

Would i be correct in saying it starts & finishes in Oaktree Business Park Q7?
    Correct, start and end in Oaktree businees park.

Any chance this can be merged with the thread ultraman1 started a few threads down please by a Mod?

• Advertisement

Q7 wrote: »

thanks for that. nice and flat as i assumed. the course link on the trim AC just seems to show the users profile rather than the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭overpronator

Mods any chance of a merge? ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Obviously nothing was done around here before I was a mod. :)

Thanks RQ:cool:

I just registered for this, falls nicely a month before Bohermeen plus the course looks a fast one.

Obviously nothing was done around here before I was a mod. :)

Any chance of adding the date to the thread title or just changing it too "Trim AC Bewley's 10 Mile Road Race 1st Feb 15", in keeping with the convention for thread in the Events forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

emerald007 wrote: »
    Any chance of adding the date to the thread title or just changing it too "Trim AC Bewley's 10 Mile Road Race 1st Feb 15", in keeping with the convention for thread in the Events forum?

Cant believe she choose my thread over ur one e007...she must be a slave to mediocraty:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Signed up for this today. Haven't raced a 10 miler in a few years so something different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Is this full? Don't seem to be able to enter online.

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Is this full? Don't seem to be able to enter online.

I doubt it J, Precision have been having issues with entries for there races this past while. Had issues entering the Bundoran 10mile till i dropped them an email.

• Advertisement

I doubt it J, Precision have been having issues with entries for there races this past while. Had issues entering the Bundoran 10mile till i dropped them an email.

Makes sense thanks. Will send them an email.

Got entered into this - issue was with the older version of internet explorer not being compatible with the web entry system. Precision were back very quickly when I emailed them :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

TRIM AC Bewleys 10 mile road race NEWS

Save delays and hassle on the morning of the race. If you have entered our race online or intend to enter we will have a race number pick up on Saturday 31 January from 4pm to 7 pm at the Diocesan Hall on St. Loman Street, opposite St. Patrick's Church of Ireland Cathedral, Trim.

The other good news is that you can register in advance on Saturday at the same venue. It's €20 either way. (No hidden extras !!!)

https://goo.gl/maps/AHUiP

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Hi, does anyone know what parking is like for this? Looking at the course map it doesn't look like much parking around unless you park up in a housing estate. Not too familiar with Trim tbh.

Hi, does anyone know what parking is like for this? Looking at the course map it doesn't look like much parking around unless you park up in a housing estate. Not too familiar with Trim tbh.

There should be some parking in around the industrial estate where the race starts. There is two carparks along the Athboy Rd close to the turn off for the race start you could park also. Parking is free in Trim on a Sunday and all is in close proximity to the race start.

There should be some parking in around the industrial estate where the race starts. There is two carparks along the Athboy Rd close to the turn off for the race start you could park also. Parking is free in Trim on a Sunday and all is in close proximity to the race start.

Tang would you be familiar with the area? I'm looking to do 6 or 7 miles before the race and then run it as a session, would there be a 3-4 mile out and back route you would suggest starting near the race start?

Tang would you be familiar with the area? I'm looking to do 6 or 7 miles before the race and then run it as a session, would there be a 3-4 mile out and back route you would suggest starting near the race start?

You could do a few laps around the Porchfields beside Trim Castle, its a mixture of paths and grass along the river Boyne, Trim AC run there annual Braveheart 5k along there. As you come in from Dublin go straight through the first two roundabouts and it will be all the green area you see to your right beside the castle ruins. The race start is no more than a ten minute run from there.

You could do a few laps around the Porchfields beside Trim Castle, its a mixture of paths and grass along the river Boyne, Trim AC run there annual Braveheart 5k along there. As you come in from Dublin go straight through the first two roundabouts and it will be all the green area you see to your right beside the castle ruins. The race start is no more than a ten minute run from there.

Ah yeah I know it I think, very close to the Trim Castle hotel? Thanks for that Tang.

Ah yeah I know it I think, very close to the Trim Castle hotel? Thanks for that Tang.

Thats it, directly across from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

I have every intention of running this in the morning, but haven't entered yet.
    Is it possible to sign up in the morning? I would assume so, but just want to make sure.

Advertisement