Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BCAA supplements

Options
  • 30-09-2014 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭

I'm training hard for an upcoming sporting event in six weeks and somebody recommended these yokes for supplementation. I ordered some off myprotein today, does anyone have any experience with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

FTA69 wrote: »
    I'm training hard for an upcoming sporting event in six weeks and somebody recommended these yokes for supplementation. I ordered some off myprotein today, does anyone have any experience with them?

Used 'em before and admittedly I wax sceptical that they would have a noticeable benefit to recovery. But I upped my food at the age time and was getting a bit more protein in and I reckon that made any difference I experienced.

Most proteins have BCAAs anyway so save your money in future.

They might help but from my experience the benefit was negligible, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

I've used them. Not sure if they made a difference but I was using them as I was training in a fasted state.

I really hope you didn't buy the unflavoured kind!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Blacktie. wrote: »
    I really hope you didn't buy the unflavoured kind!

Balls. I did by accident yeah.

They were only £13 so not the end of the world. I'm fighting in six weeks and am starting training twice a day; one of the fellas at the gym (physio) was preaching about this stuff being the cure for all ills. I'll give it a blast and see what happens sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

I use about 20g during every training session during periods where my daily protein would be low.
    I bought myprotein unflavoured and mix with blackcurrant cordial. Don't taste it at all.

MaceFace wrote: »
    I use about 20g during every training session during periods where my daily protein would be low.
    I bought myprotein unflavoured and mix with blackcurrant cordial. Don't taste it at all.

Why not take whey or something a lot cheaper to meet protein needs?

Never take it with just water. Even the memory makes me shiver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

I hope you did get unflavoured.

Tastes like ass. But all the flavoured types taste like diseased ass.

It's just easy protein so why not.

I hope you did get unflavoured.

Tastes like ass. But all the flavoured types taste like diseased ass.

It's just easy protein so why not.

You think so? I found the Myprotein berry blast one was alright.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

The berry blast one is lovely.

If you got unflavoured mix it with loads of sugar free dilute orange or blackcurrant.

Unless you are doing fasted training or your a vegan im not sure supplementation is necessary

If you eat meat and take whey protein you have all kiiinds of aminos all kinds..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Jesus Christ it tastes like f*cking yokes. Vile. Utterly vile.

I'm in the gym for two hours a day and running a couple of mornings so one of the nutrition gurus in the gym said we should be on this piss leading up to the fight.

I'm in the gym for two hours a day and running a couple of mornings so one of the nutrition gurus in the gym said we should be on this piss leading up to the fight.

Yep nasty stuff. Try mix it up with other stuff as suggested above. Hopefully it will kill the flavour for you. I think I had 3 scoops of my tub and threw it out. Now I have Berry Blast flavour and it's grand stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Keep taking it, it'll be a great motivator when your competition is in the balance. ....

Advertisement