Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All Ireland Finals tickets thread (buying/selling/swapping etc.) Mod Note Post #1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Young Blood

What a stupid way to distribute tickets. Is it possible to buy them at GAA headquarters or Ticketmaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,598 ✭✭✭shmeee

What a stupid way to distribute tickets. Is it possible to buy them at GAA headquarters or Ticketmaster?

Hows it stupid?

That's the way tickets have always been distributed and only the past few years have then come for sale online and in-shops. Before that, they were all available through clubs or the county board.

Tipperary only got 10,000 tickets and these have to be divided up between all the clubs. The clubs are the backbone of the GAA and they should be looked after first before any Joe can walk in off the street and buy a ticket in a shop on on-line.

Reports around Tipperary this evening that tickets may go on general sale next week, terrace only, but again only REPORTS!

shmeee wrote: »
    Hows it stupid?

That's the way tickets have always been distributed and only the past few years have then come for sale online and in-shops. Before that, they were all available through clubs or the county board.

Tipperary only got 10,000 tickets and these have to be divided up between all the clubs. The clubs are the backbone of the GAA and they should be looked after first before any Joe can walk in off the street and buy a ticket in a shop on on-line.

Reports around Tipperary this evening that tickets may go on general sale next week, terrace only, but again only REPORTS!

'Any Joe off the street' is entitled to go see the match if they like. It should be the same with rugby tickets, obviously keep some for the clubs but I really hate this backward sh.ite with having to know someone.

Where will they be for sale according to the rumors?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

'Any Joe off the street' is entitled to go see the match if they like.

No, not really.

'Any Joe off the street' is entitled to go see the match if they like. It should be the same with rugby tickets, obviously keep some for the clubs but I really hate this backward sh.ite with having to know someone.

Where will they be for sale according to the rumors?

Again, Tipp only got 10,000 tickets, 71 clubs in Tipp need to be looked after. Some getting more tickets than others. Then there is the county board officials, the players and management team to be looked after. You wouldn't be long getting rid of 10,000 tickets. Some clubs will be doing well to get 20 tickets between over a 100 or more members.

And any Joe could have bought a season ticket of the GAA at the start of the year and attended the required number of games to have the option of an All Ireland stand ticket in the near middle of the Cusack, and now would have a ticket sitting on their locker at home and no worries. It's that easy for any Joe.

And having to know someone thing. Pay membership and join a club and then tickets may be a bit easier. 30quid or so won't break the bank if it means you get a €80 ticket for the AI.

Middle of next week if any are returned to the county board. Hill tickets according to a few this evening.

PS. I've yet to know of anyone who went to Dublin looking for an AI hurling ticket over the past number of years and failed to get one and not get ripped off either, near enough around face value.

• Advertisement

No, not really.

Why not? The GAA has got plenty of funding from the government in the past. Tax payers money and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

Hi Im looking for three tickets two adults one child
    I have been to all tipperary this season just cant get my hands on tickets
    Any help would be greatful

There are no child tickets for All Ireland Final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Same reason why Six Nations tickets aren't available for your average Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭hawthorn

How much are they this year??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

hawthorn wrote: »
    How much are they this year??

40 for Hill or Nally, 80 for Stand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Hows it stupid?

They'll surely get more than 10,000 by the end of it. Like there allocation would be bigger than Kilkenny's you'd assume (but maybe 10,000 each for a start, although Kilkenny have the minors as well

That would leave 60,000, and I know every County gets some but not that many. And again corporate tickets don't make up that amount. There's surely another 25,000 tickets on the above allocations (at least) to be distributed between the Counties.

Ticket distribution breakdowns for the All Ireland finals appear in the annual congress reports every year. From the last two years roughly 58,000 tickets go to county boards. It's two for every club in the country I believe (mad IMO) so that's 5k/6k then there's allocations for the participating counties at both minor and senior level (say 10k each) and you're at 45k. Not a whole lot left to distribute, certainly not 25k :)

Ticket distribution breakdowns for the All Ireland finals appear in the annual congress reports every year. From the last two years roughly 58,000 tickets go to county boards. It's two for every club in the country I believe (mad IMO) so that's 5k/6k then there's allocations for the participating counties at both minor and senior level (say 10k each) and you're at 45k. Not a whole lot left to distribute, certainly not 25k :)

45k? As in between 4 teams at minor an senior?

This year there are three teams competing, and the minors hardly get the same allocation as the Seniors.

45k? As in between 4 teams at minor an senior?

This year there are three teams competing, and the minors hardly get the same allocation as the Seniors.

Going by the 2012 and 2013 distributions after clubs get theirs there will only be ~52,000 tickets to distribute between the three participating counties.

I reckon Limerick will be given a generous allocation even at minor level, expecting that it won't be fully taken and then will return to the pool for redistribution to the seniors. Even so, if the two seniors started at 10k there'll be no 25k top up for either of them, you'll be lucky to get a 12k topup :)

Going by the 2012 and 2013 distributions after clubs get theirs there will only be ~52,000 tickets to distribute between the three participating counties.

I reckon Limerick will be given a generous allocation even at minor level, expecting that it won't be fully taken and then will return to the pool for redistribution to the seniors. Even so, if the two seniors started at 10k there'll be no 25k top up for either of them, you'll be lucky to get a 12k topup :)

I was thinking 25k between the both though?

Expecting there will be counties returning tickets? Especially say the Dubs, and the winners of Kerry/Mayo trading tickets.

I was thinking 25k between the both though?

Expecting there will be counties returning tickets? Especially say the Dubs, and the winners of Kerry/Mayo trading tickets.

Hah, super presumptious that we're going to win on Sunday :P I'd say you're closer to the mark with 25k each post swaps. Those tickets still won't be abundantly available :pac:

Hah, super presumptious that we're going to win on Sunday :P I'd say you're closer to the mark with 25k each post swaps. Those tickets still won't be abundantly available :pac:

No doubt, but just 10,000 seemed like such a small allocation. I guess the source isn't the main thing. I'd be expecting around 30,000 Tipp fans. Does that sound right?

From my reading of it if there's 30k Tipp fans it'll be a miracle because they'll need all the clubs allocations from every county and there to be virtually no interest in the minor. 22-25k is more reasonable IMO. The same will hold true for the AI Final teams too, that's why tickets are so hard to get :D

They'll surely get more than 10,000 by the end of it. Like there allocation would be bigger than Kilkenny's you'd assume (but maybe 10,000 each for a start, although Kilkenny have the minors as well

That would leave 60,000, and I know every County gets some but not that many. And again corporate tickets don't make up that amount. There's surely another 25,000 tickets on the above allocations (at least) to be distributed between the Counties.

Kilkenny got 13k due to minors, Limerick got 3k, Tipp got 10k. Every county gets tickets so then around 32k or so between the other 29 counties.

Here's a breakdown from a few years ago, figures have changed a bit since with more season tickets also.

County allocations: 58,401
    Provinces: 335
    Overseas: 470
    Central Council and former Presidents: 798
    Camogie: 120
    Ladies’ football: 150
    Rounders and handball: 147
    Sponsors: 935
    Press: 254 (we want some of these)
    TV and radio: 74
    Schools and educational bodies: 2,229
    3rd Level: 240
    Croke Park residents: 250
    Match officials and national referees’ panel: 103
    Irish Sports Council and health bodies: 60
    Match day / Vertigo / minor teams: 148
    GAA staff and sub-committees: 718
    Jubilee teams: 68
    Mini-sevens: 244
    Term tickets: 4,144
    Season tickets: 1,884

The above doesn't include premium or corporate tickets.

You'd be amazed where tickets would go.

No doubt, but just 10,000 seemed like such a small allocation. I guess the source isn't the main thing. I'd be expecting around 30,000 Tipp fans. Does that sound right?

Tipp fans source tickets from all Over the place, we often get tickets from cavan for the hurling finals. Tipp will have 30k or so there supporting them.

The 10k allocation is what the county board got. Many will get tickets through different bodies and sponsors etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭oconnol1

Kilkenny got 13k due to minors, Limerick got 3k, Tipp got 10k. Every county gets tickets so then around 32k or so between the other 29 counties.

Here's a breakdown from a few years ago, figures have changed a bit since with more season tickets also.

County allocations: 58,401
    Provinces: 335
    Overseas: 470
    Central Council and former Presidents: 798
    Camogie: 120
    Ladies’ football: 150
    Rounders and handball: 147
    Sponsors: 935
    Press: 254 (we want some of these)
    TV and radio: 74
    Schools and educational bodies: 2,229
    3rd Level: 240
    Croke Park residents: 250
    Match officials and national referees’ panel: 103
    Irish Sports Council and health bodies: 60
    Match day / Vertigo / minor teams: 148
    GAA staff and sub-committees: 718
    Jubilee teams: 68
    Mini-sevens: 244
    Term tickets: 4,144
    Season tickets: 1,884

The above doesn't include premium or corporate tickets.

You'd be amazed where tickets would go.

Hi there, Kilkenny got 11,700 tickets. Originally were allocated 13000 but as there are 1300 season ticket holders in KK, the GAA reduced the allocation to 11, 700. I guess kK really got 13000, so much for having a season ticket.

oconnol1 wrote: »
    Hi there, Kilkenny got 11,700 tickets. Originally were allocated 13000 but as there are 1300 season ticket holders in KK, the GAA reduced the allocation to 11, 700. I guess kK really got 13000, so much for having a season ticket.

Tipp have one of the highest number of season tickets also, so our 10k is reduced more then for distribution. Didn't think that was included in the figure and was seperarate.

Tipp have one of the highest number of season tickets also, so our 10k is reduced more then for distribution. Didn't think that was included in the figure and was seperarate.

I bet not. Doesn't seem fair really.

oconnol1 wrote: »

All the more reason to have one as if you don't you're vying for a reduced number of tickets.

All the more reason to have one as if you don't you're vying for a reduced number of tickets.

Indeed. Looking forward to the build up now and the game itself. Best if luck to both teams, expecting a cracking final with two great teams. More tickets will pop up later next week as always.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Seámus-Púbach

Can I stake a claim for any spare All Ireland Football Final ticket (provided Mayo do the business this evening)?!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭jucko

Just looking for one for the father in law. I get him one every year. His daughters' great.
    Anyway, save my pain please. Good ticket wanted at an okay price.
    Cheers
    J

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dude83

Looking for 2 tickets to the hurling final, not worried about what stand as long as its 2 together, cheers. Can collect.

Hi,

Looking for 2 tickets for football final. OH (Donegal man) has been out of the country for months and is back that weekend. I'd love to surprise him with tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Would there be any tickets still on general sale for the Football final or is the only way to get them through something like this now?

Advertisement