Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Forever 21 return policy

• 12-05-2014 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Does anyone know if Forever 21 will give a refund on items? It has the tags and receipt etc and it's not from the sale.

Thanks a Mil!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

Tigger99 wrote: »

That's for online purchases only. I live in the US so can't speak for the Irish store but here they don't give refunds, only exchanges or store credit. Items on sale are non-refundable.

Op, if it's an online purchase you should be good. If it was in store, check the receipt or give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Pinkmoon19

Thanks for that! I did buy it in store, they didn't have the size I wanted so I was going to buy it online and then take what I already bought back for a refund. Must have a look at the receipt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

wolfen wrote: »
    Thanks for that! I did buy it in store, they didn't have the size I wanted so I was going to buy it online and then take what I already bought back for a refund. Must have a look at the receipt.

Legally, a customer can bring back an item for a full refund within 28 days with proof of purchase, especially if the tags are still on. Anyone who tries to tell you different is denying you your statutory rights.

If you didn't have a receipt and it's within 28 days you'd be entitled to an exchange or credit note. If you have a receipt and it's after 28 days you're still entitled to an exchange.

End of. [look it up on Citizen Information website]

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

Pippy1976 wrote: »
    Legally, a customer can bring back an item for a full refund within 28 days with proof of purchase, especially if the tags are still on. Anyone who tries to tell you different is denying you your statutory rights.

If you didn't have a receipt and it's within 28 days you'd be entitled to an exchange or credit note. If you have a receipt and it's after 28 days you're still entitled to an exchange.

End of. [look it up on Citizen Information website]

Only in certain circumstances, eg it was faulty, but not if a customer changes their mind about it.
    Unless the law has changed in the past year or so.

Hope you do get it sorted anyways. I'm sure they could order it for you as an exchange if you went in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,458 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Really?
    Would you care to point out where it says that in legislation please?
    Because from the website you so helpfully told the OP to check, change of mind is NOT a valid reason to return an item.
    You would be relying on the retailer's goodwill/policy for them to allow any exchange for a reason other than defective merchandise.
    The below is a direct quote from the citizens information website
    You have no grounds for redress if

You were told about the defect before you bought the item (for example, if the goods were marked 'shopsoiled')
    You examined the item before you bought it and should have seen the defect
    You bought the item knowing that it wasn’t fit for what you wanted it to do
    You broke or damaged the product
    You made a mistake when buying the item (for example, if you bought an item of clothing thinking it was black when it is actually navy)
    You change your mind

Retailers are not obliged to give refunds or credit notes under the above circumstances even if you show proof of purchase.

Apologies, got it wrong. The law seems to have changed since I was working in retail for 8 years 4 years ago.

In our store we always refunded with valid receipt within 28 days and exchanged with valid receipt OVER 28 days. That was policy then but it seems to have changed, quite considerably I may add.

Not sure there's a need to get snotty with me over it. Genuine mistake.
    banie01 wrote: »
    Really?
    Would you care to point out where it says that in legislation please?
    Because from the website you so helpfully told the OP to check, change of mind is NOT a valid reason to return an item.
    You would be relying on the retailer's goodwill/policy for them to allow any exchange for a reason other than defective merchandise.
    The below is a direct quote from the citizens information website

• Registered Users Posts: 16,458 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Apologies, got it wrong. The law seems to have changed since I was working in retail for 8 years 4 years ago.

In our store we always refunded with valid receipt within 28 days and exchanged with valid receipt OVER 28 days. That was policy then but it seems to have changed, quite considerably I may add.

Not sure there's a need to get snotty with me over it. Genuine mistake.

I'm not getting snotty, you made a statement of fact and I just wanted to know what basis you were making it on.
    Thats why I asked where you were basing the statement on, sorry if you took offence.

As for the law changing, Consumer statutory rights are enshrined in Sale Of Goods Act 1980 and haven't really changed since then, even with the EU directives on minimum consumer protection levels our own Irish laws were more robust so there was negligible changes there apart from distance selling regulations..
    This act gives consumer their minimum rights regarding return and quite often companies(such as the one you previously worked for) give additional leeway in their own store return policy.
    Those additional policy are entirely at the retailers discretion as they are(if available at all) in addition to your minimum statutory rights as laid out in the SOGA 1980.

So best option for the OP would be to check what Forever 21's return policy is.
    But not to advise them a refund is their legal right.

Thanks!

I've both returned and exchanged goods in Forever 21 and never had a problem.

Best thing to do is visit the store and ask.
    banie01 wrote: »
    I'm not getting snotty, you made a statement of fact and I just wanted to know what basis you were making it on.
    Thats why I asked where you were basing the statement on, sorry if you took offence.

As for the law changing, Consumer statutory rights are enshrined in Sale Of Goods Act 1980 and haven't really changed since then, even with the EU directives on minimum consumer protection levels our own Irish laws were more robust so there was negligible changes there apart from distance selling regulations..
    This act gives consumer their minimum rights regarding return and quite often companies(such as the one you previously worked for) give additional leeway in their own store return policy.
    Those additional policy are entirely at the retailers discretion as they are(if available at all) in addition to your minimum statutory rights as laid out in the SOGA 1980.

So best option for the OP would be to check what Forever 21's return policy is.
    But not to advise them a refund is their legal right.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭zuhuraswa

Same here- always returned stuff (even ones bought online that you'd have to return to Netherlands) and never had any issues.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the responses, I'll be going in tomorrow so I'll post back and let you know if I got a refund. On a different note does anyone else find their sizes quite difficult?

Yes, I certainly do. A 10 is much bigger than what I'm used to in Forever 21. It's more like an 8.
    wolfen wrote: »
    Thanks for all the responses, I'll be going in tomorrow so I'll post back and let you know if I got a refund. On a different note does anyone else find their sizes quite difficult?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Droghead

Yes there sizes are definitely bigger than a lot of other high street stores..

That's what I find too, I would never normally be a small!

Advertisement