Playing Hard to Get or What TF? - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-03-2014, 00:18   #1
Sam Quentin

Playing Hard to Get or What TF?

Ok I'll make this as detailed as I can.. I'm in my mid 30s, was engaged living with a woman for a few years.. That's all gone now a number off years! so in the last few years or so I've been with a few women(nothing major)and only two I've really liked.... I'll continue... The first was just perfect, beautiful, funny I thought mature, although it was nothing serious I was hoping it would be... Untill she started playing what seemed to be 'hard to get'.... I remember at the beginning certain texts wheren't replied to, what I mean is we'd be in the middle off chatting early in the evening, and boom, no reply to a quite innocuous simple text, now that use to annoy me(just a little)but I grinned and bared it, waited a day sometimes two, and then there she was texting me flat out, untill she'd do it again..... Anyway that particular lady was soon kicked into touch, btw we only whent on two dates, after I stopped wanting to see her, it seemed like she really really wanted me, but I made no contact with her at all and couldn't care less if I never seen her again, Seriously..... It seems all that playing hard to get(even though she had me)put me right off her.... so the question is do women think 'playing hard to get' makes them more attractive and do they not realise how unattractive it makes them look..... p.s.. something similar is starting to happen now with another 'girl', will I just get on with it, even though it basically makes me 'like' them less, it really does I can't help it
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
11-03-2014, 00:21   #3
Chazz Michael Michaels
Closed Account

Try not being so keen with the texting. Girls like it when you are somewhat aloof.
11-03-2014, 00:22   #4
shopaholic01

Maybe they're busy or just get bored texting?

Or just not that into you.
11-03-2014, 00:24   #5
full_irish

You're in your mid 30s... stop texting. Pick up the phone already and ring a jewelers right NOW... she's the best you're going to get.

And knock her up while you're at it, never let her go. This is your LAST chance at happiness.
Advertisement
11-03-2014, 00:24   #6
Femme_Fatale
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Michael Michaels View Post
Try not being so keen with the texting. Girls like it when you are somewhat aloof.
Nah, that's also game-playing and a head-wreck. Only silly girls "like" it.
11-03-2014, 00:25   #7
the_syco

If they stop responding to your texts, call their bluff and ask them on a date. If they don't want a date, only a text buddy, move on.
11-03-2014, 00:26   #8
Chazz Michael Michaels
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Femme_Fatale View Post
Nah, that's also game-playing and a head-wreck. Only silly girls "like" it.
Its not. Its simply observing that bombarding someone with texts is going to annoy them. Sometimes stepping back and leaving them to take the initiative is a good thing. Call it a game, if you like. Its all semantics anyway.
11-03-2014, 00:28   #9
Strawberry Milkshake

A fella that constantly texted would do my head in.

Put the phone down man!
Advertisement
11-03-2014, 00:29   #10
corner of hells

Maybe they are friends with your ex and its a conspiracy to fcuk with your head.
11-03-2014, 00:30   #11
Femme_Fatale
Closed Account

Quote:
Its not. Its simply observing that bombarding someone with texts is going to annoy them. Sometimes stepping back and leaving them to take the initiative is a good thing.
Oh that's fair enough, but being aloof is just being an ass. Dialling back on the texting isn't aloofness though, and it's definitely best not to be bombarding someone with texts.
11-03-2014, 00:31   #12
dxhound2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Quentin View Post
Ok I'll make this as detailed as I can.. I'm in my mid 30s, was engaged living with a woman for a few years.. That's all gone now a number off years! so in the last few years or so I've been with a few women(nothing major)and only two I've really liked.... I'll continue... The first was just perfect, beautiful, funny I thought mature, although it was nothing serious I was hoping it would be... Untill she started playing what seemed to be 'hard to get'.... I remember at the beginning certain texts wheren't replied to, what I mean is we'd be in the middle off chatting early in the evening, and boom, no reply to a quite innocuous simple text, now that use to annoy me(just a little)but I grinned and bared it, waited a day sometimes two, and then there she was texting me flat out, untill she'd do it again..... Anyway that particular lady was soon kicked into touch, btw we only whent on two dates, after I stopped wanting to see her, it seemed like she really really wanted me, but I made no contact with her at all and couldn't care less if I never seen her again, Seriously..... It seems all that playing hard to get(even though she had me)put me right off her.... so the question is do women think 'playing hard to get' makes them more attractive and do they not realise how unattractive it makes them look..... p.s.. something similar is starting to happen now with another 'girl', will I just get on with it, even though it basically makes me 'like' them less, it really does I can't help it
Are you playing Hard to Read?
(78) thanks from:
A2LUE42, AdamD, Alf. A. Male, alph, android1, Aongus Von Bismarck, ArtyM, Aurum, Badly Drunk Boy, beks101, Big Nasty, bluewolf, brummytom, burnhardlanger, Candie, cletus van damme, Colser, dazberry, dee_mc, diograis, Easy Rod, elefant, Fonelovin'dude, For Forks Sake, Foxtrol, genericguy, gramar, Gran Hermano, h2005, Heat_Wave, holystungun9, homemadecider, Il Trap, Itzy, JackD9922, Jaggy, jebus84, Jingle_Balls, JuliusCaesar, Kirby, KTRIC, KungPao, Legs.Eleven, Lemag, LorMal, LuckyLloyd, M5, massdebater, mathie, maximoose, Merkin, Mozzeltoff, Mr. Incognito, newbee22, nipps, No Pants, Notorious97, Paramite Pie, Peetrik, PinkLemonade, Red Kev, Ronin247, Sh1tbag OToole, simonsays1, sin0city, Sinfonia, SirCreepalot, Sound of Silence, Strider, Suas11, Super-Rush, tallpaul, thegreatgonzo, TheZohan, the_syco, The_Valeyard, we'llallhavetea, Whatsisname
11-03-2014, 00:31   #13
Chazz Michael Michaels
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Femme_Fatale View Post
Oh that's fair enough, but being aloof is just being an ass. Dialling back on the texting isn't aloofness though, and it's definitely best not to be bombarding someone with texts.
By aloof, I really mean don't do all the chasing. Make him/her work for it to. Maybe its a game, but its a necessary one, in the early days of dating.
11-03-2014, 00:34   #14
Aongus Von Bismarck

I can't stand constant texting.

I'll often just stop texting back, because it can be like hitting a ball against a wall, every one you hit is returned. I much prefer to just chat on the phone for a few mins than send 40 million texts.

It ends up eating into real life social interactions as well if you're constantly on the phone around others.
11-03-2014, 00:40   #15
Femme_Fatale
Closed Account

Quote:
By aloof, I really mean don't do all the chasing. Make him/her work for it to. Maybe its a game, but its a necessary one, in the early days of dating.
No it's not a game to take it easy on the texting; if one person is texting non stop, then it could be off-putting for the other person. I was thinking aloof meant standoffish, kinda cold etc. A person can have their limits in terms of how much they text without being any of those things. I wouldn't agree with making someone work for it though; just a moderate amount of texting by either person keeps things on an even keel.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion