Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Congested Skin

Options
  • 19-02-2014 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any tips for clearing congested skin? My cheeks, jaw and chin are always covered in small, hard, bumpy spots that I can't seem to shift and the skin is constantly oily. I can't go without make-up, it looks terrible.

I've started using Soap & Glory's Scrub Your Nose In It and it's great for shrinking my pores and deep cleaning my skin but the bumps are still there. My La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo doesn't help much either, although if I stop using it my skin gets even worse. I cleanse twice a day with a Clean & Clear cleanser and use Soap & Glory moisturiser. I exfoliate maybe 3 times a week with a Clean & Clear scrub as well.

Are there any products I could get using to fix this, or is it a problem for the dermatologist?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

Have you tried using a chemical exfoliator? BHA's are usually recommended for oily or acne prone skin so avoid ones that say AHA. Look for stuff with salicylic acid in the ingredients.

Ones that I know of are Carlin's Doux Exfoliant and Clinique Clarifying Lotion. There are loads of others out there tho of varying strengths.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Kerryite

Dermalogica's daily microfoliant really worked for me - I had lots of little bumps on my chin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Thank you ladies, I'll have a look at those products tonight and see what payday brings ;)

I just bought a Garnier Micellar water there, in case some of the issue is my make-up not being cleaned off properly (which is possible). I also got a Botanics Clay Mask to try out.

Boots 3 for 2 is a dangerous thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 FBee

I'm so sorry to hear that you are having such problems with your skin!! Congested skin is a common problem that can usually be managed with proper cleansing and products containing salicylic acid. It also helps to avoid using products that aren’t oil-free and non-comedogenic.

Throw out the soap & glory products along with the clean & clear products, they are always brands I say to avoid. I have heard nothing but negative things about them.

You need to get a good skincare routine going and stick to it. Cleanse twice in the morning with a mild cleanser containing gycolic acid or salicylic acid as these ingrediants work well on clogged pores. When cleansing only use your cleanser, warm (never hot) water and your fingers. Using face cloths or anything other than your fingers will cause your skin to produce more sebum production. Follow up your cleansing with a good moisturizer, try and get one that is for oily skin since your already mentioned your skin gets quite oily.

Make sure that the makeup you do use is oil-free and non-comedogenic.
    At night, the first thing to do is to remove your makeup so make sure you get a good makeup remover. Don't use makeup removing wipes as these are so bad for your skin. Next cleanse your face three times with the cleanser. It sounds alot but the difference it makes to your skin is amazing. Follow up again with your moisturizer.

I would say to exfoliate less often that three times a week. I would say once a week as exfoliating just removes the dead skin cells and this can your face to produce more sebum if its done too often. Try and get a real gentle exfoliater or you can make your own by just mixing some sugar into your cleanser once a week and carry on like normal.

If you follow a good skincare routine for a few weeks and see no improvement then look into retinoids or a series of chemical peels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Would you try something like this?

http://www.boots.ie/en/No7-Youthful-Glycolic-Peel-Kit_1333813/

I used it to just refresh my face, the bumps on my chin didnt really bother me, they were only tiny and barely noticeable. Now I have no bumps!!

I dont know if it was anything to do with this though, I actually only got this because I was getting rapid eyebrow growth things and this was in the 3 for 2 offers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Need a decent skin care routine. Typing on my phone so ill keep it short, I hope.
    - No facewipes
    - A good cleanser
    - A toner that will close pores but not strip too much oil.
    - An AHA exfoliater (this is glycolic, it's strong so use once a week. Guinot do a good one)
    Dermalogica daily microfoliant is excellent too.

Don't overload your skin. Cleanser toner exfoliater and moisturiser is all you need and stick to it.
    Your scrub your nose in it can be used as a
    Mask too.

I think I remember you saying you loved double wear EL foundation. I have yet to meet a lady who uses that who has good skin. It's OUTRAGEOUS for skin. I would personally cut this out cause your skin is never going to improve with it, IMO.
    Be patient, let the toxins and blocked pores come to the surface and come out, deal with the bad skin without makeup for a few weeks and I would put money on you being delighted you did. And any makeup you do you, take it off with your cleanser and not wipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭NickyL

Dermalogica's daily microfoliant worked well for me too. Also, I went for a consultation with a Dermalogica therapist who advised me that my daily moisturiser was far too rich and was causing the congestion. When I stopped using it (and started with the microfoliant) they soon cleared up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Also, clean and clear is TERRIBLE for skin. It is awful. You don't need to spend a bomb on a cleanser but get yourself a better one that C&C. I remember using that once on my face and it gave me massive hives. Way way way way too harsh for skin that isn't a full face of acne

@FBee, thank you for the advice! I don't intend to use the Clean & Clear stuff anymore, although I will keep the Soap & Glory as I do like the products (especially the SYNII) and they don't seem to be making my skin any worse themselves. If my skin doesn't improve after changing everything else, I'll drop them.
    I bought a new cleanser as well, a Botanics one with a natural form of salicylic acid and if that goes well, I might try to splash out on the Clinique 3 Step System number 4. I never use face wipes anymore (couldn't believe the difference in my skin when I stopped using them) and I'll try out your suggestion to cleanse three times in the evening. I always buy oil-free foundation where possible.
    As for exfoliation, I'll limit it to twice a week, and I'll use my Botanics clay mask twice a week too.
    At the moment I'm using my Effaclar Duo under my moisturiser; will I keep doing that? I'm scared that if I stop using it, my skin will go nuts again.

@Mauzo, thanks for suggesting the No7 peel kit, I'll keep an eye out for it next time I have some money to spare :)

@LexieOnRale; thanks for the advice too! As much as I love the Double Wear, I'm trying to limit it to nights out because I can't afford to replace it very often. I'm wearing lighter foundation during the day but if my skin improves I'll try go without it. I've used the SYNII as a mask and it is incredible stuff.

@NickyL thanks for recommending the Dermalogica, as did a couple of others. I'm definitely going to try to invest in that as my exfoliator.

Thank you all ladies, wish me luck!

Try if you can to only change one thing at a time. Go at least a week with that change, more if you can, to see how it goes. Otherwise you end up with a scenario where you notice changes, good or bad, but you have no way of attributing them to any particular product.

If you are currently trying a new face wash then I'd keep up with using the Effaclar Duo. So at least that way if your skin starts to act funny you know it's because of the change in face wash and not from dropping the moisturiser.

It means making changes takes time but at least out the end of it you can be absolutely confident in the products you have decided to stick with.

• Advertisement

Try if you can to only change one thing at a time. Go at least a week with that change, more if you can, to see how it goes. Otherwise you end up with a scenario where you notice changes, good or bad, but you have no way of attributing them to any particular product.

If you are currently trying a new face wash then I'd keep up with using the Effaclar Duo. So at least that way if your skin starts to act funny you know it's because of the change in face wash and not from dropping the moisturiser.

It means making changes takes time but at least out the end of it you can be absolutely confident in the products you have decided to stick with.

Yeah that makes sense. I'll start with changing my cleanser first and see how I get on with that. I'm fairly happy with the Effaclar, my moisturiser and the scrub so I'll stick with those for now.

I've already used the micellar water though and I think I'll keep it up purely because it seems to be really good for removing make-up and there's no point in trying everything else if I don't have a clean face to begin with!

When I can afford the Dermalogica/Clarins/Clinique etc., I'll introduce them in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

I switched from Clinique 3 step to Effeclar by LRP, because no matter how much I.stuck to the 3 step, the pores on my chin and nose were awful, and I had awful.congestion, and full of gunk when squeezed!! Bold I know, but I had to!

After I switched to Effeclar, and used the Vichy Normaderm scrub twice a week, my skin now is much better. So much so I only wear a BB or CC cream, no need for foundation! My.chin looks dramatically different (and the Clinique moisturiser was not the reason!)
    Stick to using Duo, and adapt the cleansers etc into your regime.
    I double cleanse at night to take the days crap off, with.hot cloth cleanser, then the Effeclar wash. I suspect my previous regime was.not as cleansing as it could have been.

And the main.thing to remember is always take makeup off at night.. This is something I often neglected but I have made it a habit and it truly helped.

This is just how I got my skin.to clear up... Your post sounded like me last year, when I was constantly trying every product in.Boots to decongest the pores etc.

thalia_13 wrote: »
    I switched from Clinique 3 step to Effeclar by LRP, because no matter how much I.stuck to the 3 step, the pores on my chin and nose were awful, and I had awful.congestion, and full of gunk when squeezed!! Bold I know, but I had to!

After I switched to Effeclar, and used the Vichy Normaderm scrub twice a week, my skin now is much better. So much so I only wear a BB or CC cream, no need for foundation! My.chin looks dramatically different (and the Clinique moisturiser was not the reason!)
    Stick to using Duo, and adapt the cleansers etc into your regime.
    I double cleanse at night to take the days crap off, with.hot cloth cleanser, then the Effeclar wash. I suspect my previous regime was.not as cleansing as it could have been.

And the main.thing to remember is always take makeup off at night.. This is something I often neglected but I have made it a habit and it truly helped.

This is just how I got my skin.to clear up... Your post sounded like me last year, when I was constantly trying every product in.Boots to decongest the pores etc.

Your skin back then sounds exactly like mine is now. Just clogged full of gunk, everywhere. My oily t-zone extends across my cheeks and jaw :o

Maybe I'll steer clear of the Clinique so, it's pricey for something that might not work. The Effaclar is a funny product; you don't realise the good it's doing until you stop using it. I might look into the moisturisers in their range when my S&G one runs out.

I always tried to wash off my make-up just with my regular Clean & Clear facewash but it probably wasn't sufficient on its own. Double cleansing, if not triple cleansing, could be what I really need.

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Your skin back then sounds exactly like mine is now. Just clogged full of gunk, everywhere. My oily t-zone extends across my cheeks and jaw :o

Maybe I'll steer clear of the Clinique so, it's pricey for something that might not work. The Effaclar is a funny product; you don't realise the good it's doing until you stop using it. I might look into the moisturisers in their range when my S&G one runs out.

I always tried to wash off my make-up just with my regular Clean & Clear facewash but it probably wasn't sufficient on its own. Double cleansing, if not triple cleansing, could be what I really need.

Yeah, try double cleansing, but try with the Effeclar gel wash instead of Clean.and Clear. I tried the Garnier, and all the other products designed for problem skin. No.matter how much I used them, they just never worked.

I rotate my moisturisers, I.use the Effeclar K and H. the M (mattifying one) kinda balled.up on my face, or would kinda not mesh well with foundation, no matter how long I left the moisturiser to sink in! I would have little rolled.up bits, if that makes sense at all??

I also.started to use a serum, the Vichy one in pink bottle, Idealia I think, under my Effeclar moisturiser. That did help reduce pores, in in.conjunction with the.Duo.
    The Effaclar exfoliant.toner is quite good, but definitely do use a scrub as well at least once a week, I use the.Vichy Normaderm one, though the Dermolagica one is brilliant.

I used to make.huge budget sacrifices to afford my Clinique, and their pore refining products on top of the 3 step, and it frustrated me sooo much that my.chin, and cheekbones had these cheesey filled bumps, that looked like extruded snakes when I squeezed them.

Your skin will definitely improve, honestly I never thought I would see the day I.wore.no makeup to work, regularly!! Now my only.problem is the fecking odd hairs that started growing out of my chin, or the white eyebrow hairs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

I would definitely recommend the Dermalogica daily microfoliant.however, you don't need to use it every day. I just mix a little in with my cleanser and use it about 3-4 times a week. You only need to use a little so it lasts ages.

thalia_13 wrote: »
    Yeah, try double cleansing, but try with the Effeclar gel wash instead of Clean.and Clear. I tried the Garnier, and all the other products designed for problem skin. No.matter how much I used them, they just never worked.

I rotate my moisturisers, I.use the Effeclar K and H. the M (mattifying one) kinda balled.up on my face, or would kinda not mesh well with foundation, no matter how long I left the moisturiser to sink in! I would have little rolled.up bits, if that makes sense at all??

I also.started to use a serum, the Vichy one in pink bottle, Idealia I think, under my Effeclar moisturiser. That did help reduce pores, in in.conjunction with the.Duo.
    The Effaclar exfoliant.toner is quite good, but definitely do use a scrub as well at least once a week, I use the.Vichy Normaderm one, though the Dermolagica one is brilliant.

I used to make.huge budget sacrifices to afford my Clinique, and their pore refining products on top of the 3 step, and it frustrated me sooo much that my.chin, and cheekbones had these cheesey filled bumps, that looked like extruded snakes when I squeezed them.

Your skin will definitely improve, honestly I never thought I would see the day I.wore.no makeup to work, regularly!! Now my only.problem is the fecking odd hairs that started growing out of my chin, or the white eyebrow hairs!

I have a Botanics Cleansing Mousse thing for oily skin now, so I'll give that a try first and see how it goes. I might invest in the Effaclar one after this one runs out. I won't use C&C anymore, that's for sure! I don't have a toner but when I can get my hands on one I'll try the Effaclar one, and the Dermalogica microfoliant. I'll check out Vichy for moisturisers too.

That is exactly what my skin is like, it's like it's never, ever clean. The day when I see clear, smooth skin I might actually cry!

Thank you all so much for all your advice and recommendations, everyone. I've had dreadful skin for the bones of ten years so I'm seriously hoping I'll start to see some results.

I have a Botanics Cleansing Mousse thing for oily skin now, so I'll give that a try first and see how it goes. I might invest in the Effaclar one after this one runs out. I won't use C&C anymore, that's for sure! I don't have a toner but when I can get my hands on one I'll try the Effaclar one, and the Dermalogica microfoliant. I'll check out Vichy for moisturisers too.

That is exactly what my skin is like, it's like it's never, ever clean. The day when I see clear, smooth skin I might actually cry!

Thank you all so much for all your advice and recommendations, everyone. I've had dreadful skin for the bones of ten years so I'm seriously hoping I'll start to see some results.

You will, for definite, and it took me 11yrs (majority time spent using Clinique) before I hit on.the solution that worked for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

Weird...I came here to post this same thing. I hope I'm not hijacking but wondering if congested skin is what I have or whether it's scarring.

I've had acne for years and years since I was about 10, no kidding. It cleared up almost completely for a few years when I went on the pill, but then got worse again. I've started a good skincare regime (Dr Murad anti-aging and anti-blemish products which I read about on here) but my right cheek looks incredibly bumpy when the light hits it. It's kind of getting me down. I'm worried it might be acne scarring but a friend who works in a spa told me she doesn't think it is. I do have lots of red acne marks (I hope these go away :() but also these flesh coloured bumps. She said it's spots/congestion under the skin, but nothing seems to be working. This bumpiness has been there for 8+ months now and hasn't improved much. I have rosacea as well and I think some of it could be due to that, but my GP was absolutely useless about the rosacea and I don't know what to do now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I have similar skin (oily t-zone and jaw line but my cheeks are dry!). You're exfoliating too much. Three times a week, even twice a week is too much to be honest.

Because you exfoliate so often your skin is going mad trying to produce more oil so it doesn't dry out. The more oil your skin produces the more spots you'll get - trust me, I know, I've done it myself before and had plenty of spots show up as a result of over exfoliating.

Use a scrub OR mask once a week. It doesn't sound like much, but over a few weeks you will notice a big difference. It will take a few weeks (maybe a month) before you notice any changes but like anything, it takes time, it won't happen over night.

I use this mask - its amazing. Sometimes if I have spots that are big, red and sore I will just apply a small amount to the spot and leave it on for an hour and the wash it off (DO NOT use a cloth) and then moisturise like hell!

http://www.boots.ie/en/Botanics-Shine-Away-Ionic-Clay-Mask-100ml_1261993/ - leave it on for 5 minutes (10 minutes is too long and will dry your skin out) and wash off and then moisturise.

This Una Brennan mask gets great reviews but I've never used it myself so can't say what it is like or how good it is etc.

http://www.boots.ie/en/Superfacialist-Tea-Flower-Pore-Purifying-Clay-Mask-125ml_1273983/

I use this scrub too, amazing stuff. Lasts ages too, I get nearly a year from a tube, you only need a tiny amount at a time as its very grainy.

http://www.boots.ie/en/St-Ives-Invigorating-Apricot-Facial-Scrub-150ml_1110525/

I also use this wash daily, its amazing. Doesn't cause, spots, doesn't dry out my skin, doesn't leave my skin feel tight, sore etc. You only need one pump at a time too so it should last ages. I have a bottle that I started using in Nov/Dec and its still 1/4 full.

http://www.boots.ie/en/Neutrogena-Visibly-Clear-Oil-Free-Facial-Wash-200ml_1114061/

I use this mosturiser, have used it for years and its amazing.

http://www.boots.ie/en/Neutrogena-Visibly-Clear-Oil-Free-Moisturiser-50ml_11630/

Its very thick and does leave your skin shiny, but if you powder over your foundation or use a mattifying primer etc it should be fine. Do leave it soak into your skin fully before applying foundation otherwise it will make your make-up slide and not sit or look right.

http://www.boots.ie/en/Neutrogena-Visibly-Clear-Oil-Free-Moisturiser-50ml_11630/

I also use these Garnier products and find them a huge help too

http://www.boots.ie/en/Garnier-Simply-Essentials-2-in-1-Make-up-Remover-200ml_1160742/ - this doesn't leave my skin oily or greasy and removes every trace of make up too. Its' like the Lancome bi-facial, but cheaper, lasts longer and is for the whole facial area rather than just your eyes. Lasts ages too.

http://www.boots.ie/en/Garnier-Simply-Essentials-Soothing-Water-Lily-Extract-Comforting-Cleansing-Lotion-200ml_1225250/

http://www.boots.ie/en/Garnier-Simply-Essentials-Soothing-Toner-200ml_1160762/

Definitely cut down on the exfiolating and masks - honestly they are NOT helping, even though you think they are, they are definitely making things worse!

Also for spots, Witch Hazel is amazing. It really helps for spots. I've been using it for years and it has never let me down. Only dab a small amount on the spot regularly (not over make up though) and it will clear the spot away in a day or two, depending on how big the spot is!

http://www.boots.ie/en/Witch-Blemish-Gel-35ml_982949/

I don't recommend other Witch skin products, they really dried my skin out and made it worse!

This is also a great intensive moisuriser, I find its helped a lot but only use it going to bed because its extremely thick and make up does not sit well over it!

http://www.sammccauley.com/Product/Elave-Intensive-Cream-50g/10606/2224.1.2

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Kerryite

I would be careful about using Clinique - I used their 3-step (type 2 and then anti-blemish) for years but then found that my skin felt really stripped. Every beautician I've spoken to says they're really harsh - they strip your skin so much that it can then overcompensate and over-produce oil.

I went for a dermalogica facial and then got some of the recommended products (they do a face mapping for you). It's much better! I still get an odd spot, normally due to hormones or because I haven't cleansed properly (not taking off makeup before a spin class is very bold!) but I'm learning how to control it. Moreover now my skin feels really clean and isn't crying our for moisture.

• Advertisement

IzzyWizzy wrote: »
    Weird...I came here to post this same thing. I hope I'm not hijacking but wondering if congested skin is what I have or whether it's scarring.

I've had acne for years and years since I was about 10, no kidding. It cleared up almost completely for a few years when I went on the pill, but then got worse again. I've started a good skincare regime (Dr Murad anti-aging and anti-blemish products which I read about on here) but my right cheek looks incredibly bumpy when the light hits it. It's kind of getting me down. I'm worried it might be acne scarring but a friend who works in a spa told me she doesn't think it is. I do have lots of red acne marks (I hope these go away :() but also these flesh coloured bumps. She said it's spots/congestion under the skin, but nothing seems to be working. This bumpiness has been there for 8+ months now and hasn't improved much. I have rosacea as well and I think some of it could be due to that, but my GP was absolutely useless about the rosacea and I don't know what to do now.

Your case sounds much less straight forward than the OP's. If you can afford it a consultation with a dermatologist should at least help you pin down exactly what the issue is and then hopefully help you deal with it.

Until you know what the underlying problem is any advice that random people on the internet will give you will be just guessing and could leave your acne in a much worse state.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Kerryite wrote: »
    I would be careful about using Clinique - I used their 3-step (type 2 and then anti-blemish) for years but then found that my skin felt really stripped. Every beautician I've spoken to says they're really harsh - they strip your skin so much that it can then overcompensate and over-produce oil.

Might be a cosmetics urban legend, but I'd heard that beauticians have used the Clarifying Lotion to clean glass displays/windows as it's great for the gunk! There's a couple of Clinique skin care products I like but always found the Clarifying too harsh.

I've recently got a cleansing water too OP and find it gives a brilliant clean, and so gentle. I have the same Botanics mask and think that twice a week might be a bit much to use it, it can be drying. Maybe just leave it on for a couple of minutes. It makes my skin very smooth and feel really fresh when I do use it, definitely recommend.

I love my clarifying lotion. :o

I agree it can be drying tho. I have a dry forehead and the rest of my face is really oily so I only use a little bit on the forehead (sometimes none) and I pretty much soak my chin and nose in it, ploughs through black heads :)

@IzzyWizzy I'd say you need a dermatologist for your skin problems. I hope you do manage to get it sorted though :)

@Toast thank you for all the product recommendations, I'll keep an eye out for them. I used the Botanics mask last night; my skin definitely looks a bit clearer and feels smoother. I have their foaming cleanser as well so we'll see how that goes. I used the Witch Hazel stuff before and it's great but my skin got to used to it after a while and it stopped working.

But I will definitely keep the suggestions in mind when I'm replacing my scrub and moisturiser. And I'll cut down on the exfoliating ;)

@Kerryite and Twee: I think I'll steer clear of the Clinique so. Seems very expensive for something that is a bit hit-and-miss. Obviously it works for some people, as it does for Tiddlypeeps. I just know from experience that anything that dries out my skin will spell disaster :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

Thanks - I will try to see a dermatologist when I can!

Just a note about St Ives scrub - apparently it's awful for your skin and most beauty therapists tell you not to go near it. I have some scarred pores which seem to be a result of using this too often - it's super abrasive and kind of tears at your skin. It does work but I think it's way too harsh and drying!

IzzyWizzy wrote: »
    Thanks - I will try to see a dermatologist when I can!

Just a note about St Ives scrub - apparently it's awful for your skin and most beauty therapists tell you not to go near it. I have some scarred pores which seem to be a result of using this too often - it's super abrasive and kind of tears at your skin. It does work but I think it's way too harsh and drying!

Yeah I found that it is really harsh as well, even though it seems to make your skin smooth. I'm going to try get the Dermalogica or LRP microfoliant instead to avoid damaging my skin even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I got a facial once and the beautician knew as soon as she saw my skin that I'd been using Clinique. Awful stuff. It ruined my skin. I use Dermologica now (including Daily Microfoliant) and it's great. Definitely get samples first though. Otherwise it could be an expensive mistake.

I've been looking at Dermalogica there and it is veeery pricey for me right now. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with Ren products? Their Clearcalm 3 range looks quite interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

I've been looking at Dermalogica there and it is veeery pricey for me right now. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with Ren products? Their Clearcalm 3 range looks quite interesting.

I have liked the Ren products I have tried, if you buy from their own website they give samples and usually have some type of offer going. Dermalogica is way overrated imo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I have their cleansing water and a moisturiser and they're really nice products. They use a lot of natural ingredients which is always good! Cloud10Beauty have an offer on at the moment with a free REN trial kit with two full price REN products. There's also 10% off your first purchase if you haven't used the site before.

Advertisement