Irish dad's reaction to the news his son has "failed" his driving test. - Page 3 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-02-2014, 22:49   #31
goat2

i think it is priceless, we let our true feelings known to kin and even though he was a bit mad, he was not happy about paying for another driving test, as he said to get the same answer,

i got the test on the second go,
and when my older child was doing her test, she said she would not fail, and that i would be the only person in the house with a fail first time round,
i then asked them to bet on it, and we agreed 100e,
i went with her as far as test centre and went off down town to kill time while she was out doing her test, i did carry the 100e in my pocket hoping to be handing it over,
but lo and behold when test was over and i asked the result, she had failed, i just put out the open palm, and took it, but i took her for lunch on it, a bet was a bet after all,
she picked on me for a time before the test just because i failed first time round,
i did not say anything to her after hers, i knew how she felt, i had felt the same when i failed, i hated the thought of having to go through the same thing all over again than the price of the thing,
so i applied for it for her and in we went six months later, she did not ask to bet on it that time, at least i lost nothing on the first bet and it paid for her second test, she passed it and was happy
Advertisement
03-02-2014, 23:36   #32
metroburgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat2 View Post
i think it is priceless, we let our true feelings known to kin and even though he was a bit mad, he was not happy about paying for another driving test, as he said to get the same answer,

i got the test on the second go,
and when my older child was doing her test, she said she would not fail, and that i would be the only person in the house with a fail first time round,
i then asked them to bet on it, and we agreed 100e,
i went with her as far as test centre and went off down town to kill time while she was out doing her test, i did carry the 100e in my pocket hoping to be handing it over,
but lo and behold when test was over and i asked the result, she had failed, i just put out the open palm, and took it, but i took her for lunch on it, a bet was a bet after all,
she picked on me for a time before the test just because i failed first time round,
i did not say anything to her after hers, i knew how she felt, i had felt the same when i failed, i hated the thought of having to go through the same thing all over again than the price of the thing,
so i applied for it for her and in we went six months later, she did not ask to bet on it that time, at least i lost nothing on the first bet and it paid for her second test, she passed it and was happy
Is this one of the lesser known Aesop's Fables?
03-02-2014, 23:43   #33
keith16

Vertical video. My god, youtube should ban it. The state should ban it.
04-02-2014, 13:31   #34
Mousewar

Did he just say he could take it again in 2 weeks!

Fcuk - it was a year waiting after you failed back in my day...
04-02-2014, 16:15   #35
tony007

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat2 View Post
i loved it,
was that a mayo accent,
No, mix of cavan and leitrim.
Advertisement
04-02-2014, 16:16   #36
tony007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff View Post
Sounds nothing like a Louth accent. The son is from Limerick according to his Facebook.
Wrong.
04-02-2014, 16:30   #37
131spanner
Closed Account

I laughed too hard at "Jaysus I'm a fucking good while waiting"
(2) thanks from:
04-02-2014, 17:23   #38
tony007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadsL View Post
Fake
Definitely not.
04-02-2014, 17:26   #39
The Pheasant2

They're from Leitrim
Thanks from:
Advertisement
04-02-2014, 17:35   #40
.Henry Sellers.

"The next time you go for that fcukin teessssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhtttttttttt"
04-02-2014, 17:47   #41
beks101

Jesus, maybe I'm too long out of Ireland but what's the craic with the swearing?? Is it a rural-Ireland-parents thing??
04-02-2014, 17:49   #42
_Redzer_

Quote:
Originally Posted by padd b1975 View Post
Son is a gobsh1te.
Nah, he's a bit of a ride
Thanks from:
04-02-2014, 18:48   #43
Ficheall

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestar View Post
I'm on facebook a long time and its one of the funniest things I'v ever watched on it
Your honour, the defence rests.
04-02-2014, 19:49   #44
gadetra

Quote:
Originally Posted by beks101 View Post
Jesus, maybe I'm too long out of Ireland but what's the craic with the swearing?? Is it a rural-Ireland-parents thing??
Yes. My Dad can only go 3 words without swearing. His record is 7 non swearing words in a row, but only cos we made him do it. There were a lot of breaks in that sentence!
(2) thanks from:
04-02-2014, 19:51   #45
sopretty
Closed Account

my Dad will break words up to schtick a schwear word in. He's un-f**kin-believable!
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion