Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round?? ... 2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,704 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Tones69 wrote: »
    Shot 3 over (75) there in Mount Juliet this morning off whites. Hit the ball so good, had a few bogeys on the easiest holes which was annoying but typical me ha. Irons were on point.
    Nearly slam dunked my approach on 1, clattered the flag and went on 10ft (missed the putt of course ha)
    Made a few nice birdies and played the par 5s in -2 under. Course in great nick. Greens as good as ive seen!

Tones - around there that is absolutely fantastic scoring - great golf to get that and you have to stick at it all round.

Congratulations - you should let your scores do the talking . ;):D

+ 6 today - Corballis of course.

4 over out - 2 over in.

How on earth can you lose a ball on a hole less than 100 yards - by pulling the balls out of it. Almost holed provisional. Would have been sick if it went in (Hole 6)

Had a bad patch to turn - but made some great up and downs with new chipping method - bit more loft on nine iron also using sole and bounce a bit more.

Anyway - had a chip in and holed from off - that is why I only had 26 putts. But over the moon to see a 26 putt stat for me. Don't care how. Had one 3 putt , but was pissing and did impact a bit on pace.

Anyway - happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭RB94

Great shooting, goes to show the importance of a gross prize to reward the good golf.

Was in Limerick for the weekend so played Adare Manor for the first time yesterday in showery and blustery conditions. Open singles shooting 37 pts of 7 just beating CSS of 36 for a small cut to keep me at 7 as another 0.1 would have seen me back up at 8. Could have been very good as pushed a ball OB on the 2nd, shanked an iron resulting in a double bogey 0 pointer in the middle and missed two small 3 foot putts one of which was a 3 putt on the last. No idea of winning scores as don't see a results section on their website but 41pts was possible and could have been in with a shout.

Lovely course and the setting is idyllic and seriously impressive with the old abbey and graveyard. Fairways were a bit patchy but greens were good if a tad slow after all the rain but what a lovely mix of short and longish holes with some tough par 3s. Will definitely return and need to try get out on the big Adare course sometime soon also.

That's my home course. Looking at the results on howdidido, you came fifth with first to fourth being 43, 42, 40 and 37 points. Although it's not the longest, I think you need to be fairly accurate with all the trees. I've played the course next door a few times and found the fairways were much wider (but the greens were wicked fast compared to ours).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Tones - around there that is absolutely fantastic scoring - great golf to get that and you have to stick at it all round.

Congratulations - you should let your scores do the talking . ;):D

Ha Cheers fdp. Was v happy with the back 9 (level par). Im gonna have a level par round some day if it kills me haha. Felt so confident on the greens as they rolled beautifully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Ciaranra

78 gross in enniscorthy 6 over not bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Golfnut77

-2 70 off 3 yesterday. New putter has made a massive difference, 24 putts. Worryingly I was +2 for the 4 par 3s though, they've been killing me lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

35 points in the open day yesterday, could have been so much better but the rains came on the most exposed part of the course and two blanks materialised as a result.

Happy enough though, working on a bit of a swing change and it's starting to bed in nicely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

34pts in waterford castle today 17pts out 17pts bck steady eddie scored poorly on everything out with the brother he had 41pts delighted for him his best rd yet & 1st cut since he took up the game..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,988 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Just played 13 holes earlier and shot about 23 or 24 points. On the 12th hole I played, as far as I was concerned I absolutely nailed my drive down the middle of the fairway but when I got down there the ball had just vanished. I have absolutely no idea what happened, it either took a dive to the left or right very late, took a funny bounce off a sprinkler maybe, or someone/thing I didn't know was there picked it up. But it was splitting the fairway when I stopped looking at it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Stupid game this
    Was striking the ball well (for me) in March/April but then just chunking around the buffer zone for May and June, was on hols for 6 weeks (1st world problem) and came back last week and although I was getting 33-34 points the striking wasn't there and I was really bored with my putter.
    Cue Wednesday night, spur of the moment decided to cut down my belly putter and fit on an original Super Stroke grip I've had lying around for a few years, went out yesterday to swing slow on the drive, bring my irons higher on the back swing and take my time with 'new' putter.
    Had three 3 putts, all from a long way away as in fairness I need to get used to the lag, a double, 7 bogies, 8 pars and 2 birdies, 31 putts (8 one putts) for a 79 (off 14) from the blues :eek:
    Stupid game this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Off the whites at Roganstown yesterday I had 33 off 18. Unfortunately I had 32 of them after 15 and finished 7-5-8. 9 bogies, 2 doubles and 4 pars up to that point. 4-putted the 16th :O

36 points off 7.

Aaaah - had a good chance - but made a balls of a few situations just off green.

But striking ball well.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Danny dyers double

27 off 21 in Grange Castle tonight .

Worst round in months and I completely lost interest after 15 holes . Just as I taught I was getting somewhere with this game .

from driver to putting tonight everything was poor . Can't wait to get back out and put this one to bed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

30 points off 7
    A very strange round of golf as I had 5 scratches and still had a respectable score considering.
    A few lapses in concentration really cost me as it was a very slow round I found it difficult to get anything going

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭BOB81

39 pts (off 15)from society tees in glen of the downs, best score ive put up since january...quickest greens ive played in quite a while - had a three putt from the front of the 8th green (double green) which must have covered over 100ft in total, was more akin to crazy golf. 16 pts out with scratches on 3rd and 4th, 23 back with 2 birdies (13th and 17th). Badly needed a decent round, hopefully can replicate it on my home course before the end of the season..

35 points today. Almost a carbon copy in tougher conditions.

Again very poor and doubts in head around greens.

But many positives. Good round coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

72 (+1 nett) today in a gale
    1 Birdie
    7 Pars
    8 Bogeys
    2 Doubles

43% FIR
    28% GIR
    31 Putts
    1 Three putt :(

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

21pts today 4 blanks & 14 very average holes. My game has gone to ....

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

91 strokes for a nett 79 in captain's rd1. Hit the ball better than ever. Had a 10 on a par 5. :)

1 birdie
    6 pars
    6 bogeys
    2 D bogeys
    2 T bogeys
    1 +++ bogey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

87 off 7 (par 70)
    With 41 putts
    Greens haven't been watered for a week and suddenly there twice as quick.i know it's an excuse but I need one as I played well tee to green

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

7 pars in 16 holes today, and about 4 scratches, typical for me. Very inconsistent!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,993 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

78 yesterday. I'm flying it lately. 13 pars 1 birdie. 3 doubles and a bogey.
    I'm staring at the ball like I want to kill it all through my backswing and it seems to be keeping my body straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

76 around Killeen golf club today, a little disappointed because I turned in -1!! Course in lovely shape!!

dar_cool wrote: »
    76 around Killeen golf club today, a little disappointed because I turned in -1!! Course in lovely shape!!

Lovely little track that

35 points today. Almost a carbon copy in tougher conditions.

Again very poor and doubts in head around greens.

But many positives. Good round coming.

I dont understand. You're saying its a very tough course but 35 isnt good there? 35 always good imo. (Unless uve turned with 21 ha) What does css be there? Dont say 38 pts

Lovely little track that

Yeah it's class course, first time playing it, will defo go back

Yeah it's class course, first time playing it, will defo go back

Can score if play it smart. Think i only hit driver on the par 5s. Lot of 3 irons and woods off tees

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Finished all square in club v par comp off 14. Most satisfying part of the game was 13 out of 14 fairways hit, the one i missed was by about 4 inches.

Can score if play it smart. Think i only hit driver on the par 5s. Lot of 3 irons and woods off tees

Yeah, very windy today so hit the driver a good bit, only irons off the tee's of the holes the wind was helping on. I'd say if there was no wind you could really rip it apart

• Advertisement

Yeah, very windy today so hit the driver a good bit, only irons off the tee's of the holes the wind was helping on. I'd say if there was no wind you could really rip it apart

Yep i played it back over a month ago in perfect sunny firm conditions. Hit 4i on 2,3,4,7. Funny how when u take long irons off the tee its hard to mess a hole up :). Greens there were class. Gonna hit there tuesday week me thinks

Advertisement