Toshiba laptop mouse not working - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-12-2013, 21:45   #1
kub

Toshiba laptop mouse not working

Hi all,
I have a Toshiba laptop which is only 6 months old. One if my kids was playing Minecraft earlier on it and the mouse stopped working.
I tried powering down the machine and I also disconnected the battery to give it what I regard as a reset.
Only problem is this did not do anything, the arrow is just stuck in the middle of the screen and not at all responsive.
Is this a major problem?
Thanks.
Advertisement
16-12-2013, 22:05   #2
Luckydog69

Try booting up in safe mode, turn off computer and turn on again BUT keep tapping the F8 key, this only loads up the basic drivers to make the machine operative, on the menu choose safe mode and see it your mouse works, if it does you could do a system restore to a point before the problem surfaced. if its a hardware problem ( Did the kid bang down hard on the touchpad?) then system restore wont fix it. You could try a usb mouse to still use your laptop.
16-12-2013, 22:10   #3
bumper234
Closed Account

Try Function F9 this usually disables/re-enables the mouse pad on a Tosh.
16-12-2013, 22:12   #4
Joshua J

Is it the touchpad not working or separate mouse? My laptop has an F key (F6) which disables the touchpad. Check your fuction keys if one resembles a touchpad deactivation.
16-12-2013, 22:39   #5
kub

Thanks all, its a Tosh Satellite model, I just attempted the safe mode but still no joy.

I have what resembles a mouse figure on button f5, one side has a mouse symbol the other has what looks like a mouse off symbol. I have pressed this but to no avail, tried also pressing shift at the same time.
Advertisement
16-12-2013, 22:41   #6
bumper234
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by kub View Post
Thanks all, its a Tosh Satellite model, I just attempted the safe mode but still no joy.

I have what resembles a mouse figure on button f5, one side has a mouse symbol the other has what looks like a mouse off symbol. I have pressed this but to no avail, tried also pressing shift at the same time.
Press the function button and F5
16-12-2013, 22:46   #7
kub

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumper234 View Post
Press the function button and F5
Bumper 234 I thank you, much appreciated. Its working.
16-12-2013, 22:48   #8
bumper234
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by kub View Post
Bumper 234 I thank you, much appreciated. Its working.
YW

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion