Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-12-2013, 22:36   #16
munkus
Closed Account

Jasus, what is it with ye lads on the border! Is there no law in the place. Can't blame the RA for everything.
Advertisement
16-12-2013, 22:40   #17
celt262

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkus View Post
Jasus, what is it with ye lads on the border! Is there no law in the place. Can't blame the RA for everything.

Who else can we blame the foreigners ?
Thanks from:
16-12-2013, 22:42   #18
J.O. Farmer

Quote:
No we can blame the crowd on Kildare street in Dublin for the rest.
16-12-2013, 22:59   #19
tabby aspreme

If thousands of tonnes of horse meat could enter the food chain then id say its not too difficult to get stolen cattle in
(2) thanks from:
17-12-2013, 00:17   #20
Nekarsulm

Quote:
Lots of areas you would'nt go if you were not known. literally a tribal area. Drive in and you would be lucky to walk out. Once got into the wrong lane of traffic where you come off the M1 at Portadown heading for Armagh . No prob thinks I, just turn in the next side turning and spin around. Was a housing estate. Took about 15 seconds to do a turnaround, was the longest 15 seconds of my life, the southern plate was spotted in seconds.
Advertisement
17-12-2013, 22:30   #21
Bog Man 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekarsulm View Post
Lots of areas you would'nt go if you were not known. literally a tribal area. Drive in and you would be lucky to walk out. Once got into the wrong lane of traffic where you come off the M1 at Portadown heading for Armagh . No prob thinks I, just turn in the next side turning and spin around. Was a housing estate. Took about 15 seconds to do a turnaround, was the longest 15 seconds of my life, the southern plate was spotted in seconds.
Never had any bother in the North with a Southern plate and if I looked for directions they would actually travel with you to make sure you reached your destination . I will not stop at a traffic light on the N81 coming out through Tallaght much more dangerous than Belfast . 5000 Heroin addicts travel into central Dublin everyday at least there are some days the Orange order do not march and it only gets exciting when the marches are over .
Dublin is pure dangerous with unfortunates on heroin .
17-12-2013, 23:12   #22
Rho b
Closed Account

Agree Bog Man about Belfast. Last year I had to collect something from the Ards peninsula and on the way back through Belfast missed my turn for the M1 and realised I was heading into the center of Belfast. When I was stopped at a traffic lights I rolled down the window to ask a guy in a van in the lane next to me the way to go. He told me to follow him and he would put on his hazard warning lights at a particular junction. I was to veer left as he would be going right. Nice lad
18-12-2013, 19:06   #23
Damo810

165% rise in cattle thefts over the last 12 months according to the department.
18-12-2013, 21:16   #24
Miname

I heard recently that the 21 cattle stolen belonged to a renouned politician who has an extra curicular in extortion. If the truth were to be known about them i doubt many people would be too upset.
Advertisement
18-12-2013, 23:24   #25
TUBBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miname View Post
I heard recently that the 21 cattle stolen belonged to a renouned politician who has an extra curicular in extortion. If the truth were to be known about them i doubt many people would be too upset.
I didn't know that mugabe farmed
Thanks from:
19-12-2013, 19:00   #26
The Real Elmer Fudd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rho b View Post
This was on the news a couple of weeks ago http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/1111/486...rcasses-louth/

There were 21 cattle stolen in Monaghan last Thursday http://www.northernsound.ie/news/cat...t-in-monaghan/
From what I hear the lorry was caught on camera and 3 men have been arrested for this. Not sure if its connected but the same day of the arrests Gardai discovered an illegal slaughter house somewhere in Louth where 4 men were found boning out beef

Last edited by The Real Elmer Fudd; 19-12-2013 at 19:51.
(2) thanks from:
19-12-2013, 19:25   #27
Conmaicne Mara
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Elmer Fudd View Post
From what I hear the lorry was caught on camera and 3 men have been arrested for this. Not sure if its connected but the same day of the arrests Gardai discovered an illegal slaughter house somewhete in Louth where 4 men were found boning out beef
That's good news. One of the Sargeants at our AGM was speculating there was such a plant along the border somewhere.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion