Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

New Ferry to France (Launch Offer)

• 13-12-2013 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

www.ldlines.co.uk

just booked the family to france with a four berth outside cabin return for £251 (300 odd euro). Booked the first two weeks in August.

Seems like anytime of the summer is doable. Irish ferries and the other are normally nearly a grand.....

When are you travelling? 89 votes

June 27
    0%
    July 4
    22%
    alastairjohndoe77ieJ@yK@yciapenScouseMousepaddydriverBig Wex fanfliperirishrverGaw_Mountainsandhballybromcgarretttom traubertaquarius10Whats happeningmikehuntsjunegLima GolfDer69737 20 votes
    July 11
    11%
    ConarroyoftheroversMayoForSamaskUeokennedShatterProofArnieSilvianewsboymoodraterSeptember1 10 votes
    July 18
    12%
    unkelQwerty?Donal94dahamsterclevtrevdaithi1970blingrhinomillies23mrsoftJakey Rollingtaoifie 11 votes
    July 25
    13%
    alias no.9moonshippumbahfrashbinnoxkeanebg1U2FlyboymaryenA LawDainBramagealfa100JohnR1968 12 votes
    August 1
    10%
    Mr. FancypantsheathersonlineBenEadirJoviWally RunsredmissbdockleafMiamiMiceasdfrewq 9 votes
    August 8
    12%
    Johnny_Fontanebrendan86Michael_Myersjonosamdubal2008robertpattersonSamoa JoeKy AbuKandergalaitBobbyPropane 11 votes
    August 15
    10%
    BravadinJC43alexanderomahondaithi55davemckenna25nikinovamasti123ExpungeR0oster 9 votes
    August 22
    7%
    raher1richardw001Stab*Citylauradryeyedanwhite88legohouseSnegg 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

It looks like a bit of a tub though!!

scintu-b1db3c5c639c735640d29eaa019b2b14.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

July 4
    I just booked this for end June. 350 euro for 5 with car and cabin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Yeah cause it's all about aesthetics, isn't it?

What a great opening offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

would 2 weeks not be an awful long time on a ferry, no matter how cheap it is :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,370 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

swansea cork ferries comes to mind, looks slow and boring but cheap

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Who's taking the horse to France?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

It looks like a bit of a tub though!!

scintu-b1db3c5c639c735640d29eaa019b2b14.jpg

Good thing that it's actually this ship so...

1349325.jpg
    TheDriver wrote: »
    swansea cork ferries comes to mind, looks slow and boring but cheap

She has a service speed of 24 knots. Very standard for modern ferries. Sometimes a longer distance takes more time than a shorter one...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Car/caravan and 2adults. Dept mid June and return mid July with inside 4 berth cabin €379. V cheap. Usually in excess of I'm. Brittany looked for 1900 last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭billie1b

Car/caravan and 2adults. Dept mid June and return mid July with inside 4 berth cabin €379. V cheap. Usually in excess of I'm. Brittany looked for 1900 last year.

Clicking on the link but can't find the Rosslare route

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭irishproduce

THe fares aren't that bad if you use tesco vouchers with irish ferries...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭billie1b

THe fares aren't that bad if you use tesco vouchers with irish ferries...

3 years ago I did this, was looking for two weeks in June, my wife rang them and asked for the car, 4 berth 3 star cabin, 2 adults 2 kids, got quoted €830
    I rang ten minutes later, asked for the exact same and said I had the Tesco vouchers, was quoted €1100 and then with the vouchers it came to €850.
    I tired it on-line aswell, firstly with no vouchers and then with vouchers, the trip with the vouchers was always more expensive and when discounted ended up the same price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

July 4
    Now the question is will Brittany ferries reduce their extortionate rates to reflect the fact that they have 2 new routes to compete with this month??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

August 8
    yeah right. try anytime in july/august with IF and its a joke. also you cant get the cheapest fares with irish ferries, you have to use the 'tesco vouchers' link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Has anyone gone with these guys before?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭paddydriver

July 4
    Dates seem a little inflexible.. would be either 10 days or 2.5 weeks? Anyone see how you can get just 2 weeks. Pricing seems great though!

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Jesus this is ridiculously cheap. Going to a wedding in France in June. Might well have to book this!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Good thing that it's actually this ship so...

1349325.jpg

thats the same boat in a different livery.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

€309 20th June to 2nd July car and outside cabin

Great price. And I like the destination of the Ferry in France.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭danmanw8

This is a class price, about time someone cam ein to shake up that market

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

Christ that's cheap. I'm coming in at 285 euro for 2 adults and two kids + cabin for the end of June returning middle of July. What gives here?

Irish ferries looking for 1150 for same dates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Jaysus.... €340 for a motorhome, 2 adults and outside cabin each way. Do they only come back on a Wednesday? Either way, it's super cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Good price alright but it looks as if it's a 22 hour crossing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

Good price alright but it looks as if it's a 22 hour crossing

We usually drive down the west coast anyway towards our campsite and the drive to Saint Nazaire would take 4 hours. Considering the crossing to Cherbourg is 16 hours this is well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

What's St. Nazaire like? LD Lines
    21hours 15 minutes -> €249 return in March,

But, Irish Ferries do Dublin to Cherbourg -> Cherbourg to Dublin with car in 18 hours for €256 Return.

Cherbourg also has plenty of Shops/markets in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I think these are freight companies

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Allyall wrote: »

But, Irish Ferries do Dublin to Cherbourg -> Cherbourg to Dublin with car in 18 hours for €256 Return.

There's a big shopping complex not too far away from the St Nazaire / Montoir terminal , probably 10/15 mins away - [ ZAC de la fontaine au brun ]
    St Nazaire city centre would be 20 mins away .
    The main street [ Avenue de la Republique ] has a lot of shops [ Centre Le Paquebot ]

I'm delighted to see this new service ! I grew up in that area and my parents live in Guerande which is 25mins away from the port ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

August 8
    Allyall wrote: »

this is a great deal for the summer months of june - august when the other ferries are bloated in price. I went to cherbourg last w/end return with celtic ferries for €150 return, off season prices are decent with the other ferry companies.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

loyatemu wrote: »
    thats the same boat in a different livery.

Nope, they're two different ships

http://www.ferry-site.dk/ferry.php?id=9349760
    &
    http://www.ferry-site.dk/ferry.php?id=9435466

Not even sister-ships :)

Dates seem a little inflexible.. would be either 10 days or 2.5 weeks? Anyone see how you can get just 2 weeks. Pricing seems great though!

Thanks OP

They've one ship, going from Ireland to France and then on to Spain before retracing the same route back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Tabnabs wrote: »

well thats the picture LD have on their website for the Scintu - can't see the name clearly on the side. The 2 boats are practically identical, sister ships or not.

Advertisement