Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
17-11-2013, 13:12   #16
C.K Dexter Haven
Registered User
 
C.K Dexter Haven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: 그것은 성촉 것
Posts: 4,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveone View Post
the gay byrne radio theme... there's the sound of success right there.. If you heard that you'd successfully blagged your way out of going to school..
Some great radio so it was- ja remember the slot where he'd call out requests for assistance from people who we're looking for a washing machine, or a 2nd hand b&w TV or a for people to donate money for a good cause- think it was called the GB fund
C.K Dexter Haven is offline  
Advertisement
17-11-2013, 13:18   #17
C.K Dexter Haven
Registered User
 
C.K Dexter Haven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: 그것은 성촉 것
Posts: 4,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3nu4l View Post
Interesting list of RTÉ recordings here. I don't see Harbour Hotel on it anywhere.

R0[/Youtube]
My google searches led me to that too.

Right , As it's Christmas soon, I'll give 10 euro to charity-Focus Ireland- if anyone posts a link to Harbour Hotel theme tune- anyone feel like doing the same- we could raise a few bob and get a bit of publicity going- maybe RTE will release the tune onto their website when we reach a certain amount or by a certain date- Ronan Collins, are ya listening?
C.K Dexter Haven is offline  
17-11-2013, 13:33   #18
who the fug
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hackney/Islington just Cork
Posts: 3,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveone View Post
the gay byrne radio theme... there's the sound of success right there.. If you heard that you'd successfully blagged your way out of going to school..
Yeah but you had to keep your head otherwise you get dropped in at lunchtime.
who the fug is offline  
17-11-2013, 15:53   #19
lufties
Registered User
 
lufties's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.K Dexter Haven View Post
My google searches led me to that too.

Right , As it's Christmas soon, I'll give 10 euro to charity-Focus Ireland- if anyone posts a link to Harbour Hotel theme tune- anyone feel like doing the same- we could raise a few bob and get a bit of publicity going- maybe RTE will release the tune onto their website when we reach a certain amount or by a certain date- Ronan Collins, are ya listening?
I'd second that
lufties is offline  
17-11-2013, 22:37   #20
nlgbbbblth
Registered User
 
nlgbbbblth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 5,084
Harbour Hotel ran from about 1978 to 1990. If you had an old RTE Guide from those years then you might get a clue as to who the theme composer is.
nlgbbbblth is offline  
Advertisement
17-11-2013, 23:00   #21
lufties
Registered User
 
lufties's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlgbbbblth View Post
Harbour Hotel ran from about 1978 to 1990. If you had an old RTE Guide from those years then you might get a clue as to who the theme composer is.
yea, I emailed ronan collins on friday about it but he ignored the request
lufties is offline  
18-11-2013, 16:02   #22
crosstownk
Registered User
 
crosstownk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Terenure, Dublin
Posts: 8,966
Send a message via Skype™ to crosstownk
Quote:
Originally Posted by lufties View Post
yea, I emailed ronan collins on friday about it but he ignored the request
He may have intentionally ignored in case RTÉ bring Harbour Hotel back and dump Ronan

I've emailed RTÉ archives so lets see if they can help.
crosstownk is offline  
(3) thanks from:
19-11-2013, 12:37   #23
Elmer Blooker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dublin 9
Posts: 1,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by lufties View Post
yea, I emailed ronan collins on friday about it but he ignored the request
He just played it a few mins ago so he didn't ignore your request, It's by someone called Trevor Duncan (?) but I didn't get the name of the tune.
Elmer Blooker is offline  
19-11-2013, 12:39   #24
lufties
Registered User
 
lufties's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmer Blooker View Post
He just played it a few mins ago so he didn't ignore your request, It's by someone called Trevor Duncan (?) but I didn't get the name of the tune.
haha did u record it? I missed it

Im not trevor duncan btw.
lufties is offline  
Advertisement
19-11-2013, 12:40   #25
Tabnabs
nine meals from anarchy
 
Tabnabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Four points to starboard
Posts: 7,478
I'd imagine the show will be on the website on the listen back feature?
Tabnabs is offline  
19-11-2013, 12:41   #26
lufties
Registered User
 
lufties's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabnabs View Post
I'd imagine the show will be on the website on the listen back feature?
will keep an ear/eye out
lufties is offline  
19-11-2013, 12:50   #27
padd b1975
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: All alone on a crowded island.
Posts: 3,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmer Blooker View Post
He just played it a few mins ago so he didn't ignore your request, It's by someone called Trevor Duncan (?) but I didn't get the name of the tune.
It's called Harvest Supper by Trevor Duncan.
He mentioned it about 12.30, so roughly halfway through if you want to listen back on the RTE Player.

He played about a 30 second snippet.
padd b1975 is offline  
Thanks from:
19-11-2013, 12:53   #28
Pinch Flat
Registered User
 
Pinch Flat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Dublin 15 @ 180bpm
Posts: 1,232
Harbour Hotel brings me right back - coming home for school for lunch, ham sangers on the table and a nice mug of tea. Ah them were the days.
Pinch Flat is offline  
(3) thanks from:
19-11-2013, 12:54   #29
Tabnabs
nine meals from anarchy
 
Tabnabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Four points to starboard
Posts: 7,478
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Harvest-Supper/dp/B002HSRG5U

I won't be able to get it out of my head now!!
Tabnabs is offline  
19-11-2013, 12:59   #30
clappyhappy
Registered User
 
clappyhappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: West Limerick
Posts: 1,662
It's on iTunes also, what a blast from the past. Thanks!!
clappyhappy is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet