Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-11-2013, 13:06   #76
mozattack

I got some friend requests at the weekend but most werent on when I was playing. Have ye met up online yet? I am keen to play with a squad leader who targets the objective BTW; randoms dont do it.

Sometimes the game can be a pain in the hole, depending on who your with.
Advertisement
12-11-2013, 13:15   #77
johnny_adidas

dont see in through the previous pages but has anyone else had serious crashing/freezing problems. Got the game yesterday and had one campaign session freeze up followed by at least 4 multiplayer sessions, all of which meant the ps3 had to be turned off and back on. Worth reinstalling the game data?

besides that the knifing/crouch/battlelog/spotting controls are driving me mad, will take a bit of getting used to.

Feeling very underpowered against some of the players already especially those with tank upgrades but that cant be helped
12-11-2013, 13:31   #78
chickenboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_adidas View Post
dont see in through the previous pages but has anyone else had serious crashing/freezing problems. Got the game yesterday and had one campaign session freeze up followed by at least 4 multiplayer sessions, all of which meant the ps3 had to be turned off and back on. Worth reinstalling the game data?

besides that the knifing/crouch/battlelog/spotting controls are driving me mad, will take a bit of getting used to.

Feeling very underpowered against some of the players already especially those with tank upgrades but that cant be helped
Have had a few freezes in multiplayer. No more so than I would get in BF3 or playing COD.

The game did manage to lose the 4 hours or so of the campaign that I'd played. I was none too happy about that!
12-11-2013, 13:54   #79
ahnowbrowncow

What's the input lag and auto aim like for retail version of bf4? I played the beta and I thought it was unplayable due to these two major annoyances.
12-11-2013, 14:02   #80
Mad_Dave

Aim assist has been lowered slightly at close range, remains the same at mid-long range.
Input lag, I think, remains the same.

If you thought the beta was unplayable, I don't think the retail version will be any different.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-11-2013, 15:28   #81
johnny_adidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenboy View Post
Have had a few freezes in multiplayer. No more so than I would get in BF3 or playing COD.

The game did manage to lose the 4 hours or so of the campaign that I'd played. I was none too happy about that!
Havent had BF3 freeze in ages but I keep forgetting how long it is since that was released and a lot of patches in between.

Ouch on losing 4 hours of that campaign mustve been painful having to sit through the senseless story again
Thanks from:
12-11-2013, 20:02   #82
Abominable JoMan

Quote:
Yup, everyone's favourite made-up source!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerB40 View Post
It instantly rang a bell in my head till you clever boardsies pointed it out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GJa...e_gdata_player
OT i know but having just finished the wire 2 weeks ago all I can say is do believe the hype.. Anyway a question about bf4. Is it worth buying now to get used to how it plays? (I never really played battlefield before) or should I just wait for the next gen and get the shít kicked out of me like the noob I am/will be? I'm not really shíttin money so what ye think?
Going controversial here, The Wire > Breaking Bad, in my humble opinion it must be said
Anyway yeah, I do have a pre-order on a PS4 Killzone bundle but I've never played BF before [Cod 4 up to about first BO was all I liked] and I'm well ready to make the switch, is it worth it do ye think? Like does it give you the same rush you got off the old CODs? If so I'd be ready to go noob all over again
(2) thanks from:
12-11-2013, 21:16   #83
chickenboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_adidas View Post
Havent had BF3 freeze in ages but I keep forgetting how long it is since that was released and a lot of patches in between.

Ouch on losing 4 hours of that campaign mustve been painful having to sit through the senseless story again
I haven't even bothered trying the campaign again; I'll wait for a patch so hopefully I won't lose everything again.

And after saying I had few problems, I just had a terribly rubber bandy game or three, had to give up. Think there was another boardsie on the opposite team?
12-11-2013, 21:46   #84
Mad_Dave

Quote:
I haven't even bothered trying the campaign again; I'll wait for a patch so hopefully I won't lose everything again.
If you want I can copy my save and email it to you ? You should be able then to play any mission you want and unlock the MP weapons as well.
Advertisement
13-11-2013, 01:33   #85
GerB40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abominable JoMan View Post
Going controversial here, The Wire > Breaking Bad, in my humble opinion it must be said
Anyway yeah, I do have a pre-order on a PS4 Killzone bundle but I've never played BF before [Cod 4 up to about first BO was all I liked] and I'm well ready to make the switch, is it worth it do ye think? Like does it give you the same rush you got off the old CODs? If so I'd be ready to go noob all over again
The Wire better than Breaking Bad is controversial... But then there's The Sopranos. And even though its only three seasons in Game of Thrones is shaping up to be quite the contender. By the way The Wire is better than Breaking Bad in my opinion (slightly). Anyway back to Battlefield. I'm hopping on the bandwagon myself and I'll be noob as a motherfúcker so here's my psn name. GerryB-- Send an oul friend request if ya want or whatever..
13-11-2013, 08:38   #86
chickenboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Dave View Post
If you want I can copy my save and email it to you ? You should be able then to play any mission you want and unlock the MP weapons as well.
Thanks for the offer, but I'm good. I do actually want to play through it myself, but I'm in no rush to do so. I don't think they're any unlocks I can't live without for the moment, unless they'res something there to givee the DMRs a buff!
13-11-2013, 13:08   #87
mozattack

Quote:
Aim assist has been lowered slightly at close range, remains the same at mid-long range.
Input lag, I think, remains the same.

If you thought the beta was unplayable, I don't think the retail version will be any different.
I think it is a lot better in the retail version? Maybe it is just me
13-11-2013, 13:22   #88
Mad_Dave

Hah, maybe it's just me, I didn't notice any real difference between the input lag in the beta and retail, but then I'm only a very casual gamer.

So anyway, last night I dragged the PS down and set up beside the desktop PC so I could use the Battlelog server browser on the website.
Have to say it's much better than in game - you can actually see a numerical value for your ping, just find a low one, join the server and set your network smoothing factor equal-ish to the ping and you're set. Worked a treat for me anyway.

Pain in the ass having to use a pc/tablet to play a ps3 game, but worth it I think.
13-11-2013, 15:09   #89
ViP3r

Quote:
, join the server and set your network smoothing factor equal-ish to the ping and you're set.
How did you do this?! Cant say I've noticed any lag issues and ive put a few solid days in
14-11-2013, 01:27   #90
Soby

Send a message via MSN to Soby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyctc View Post
I have sigs off and I don't know how or particularly want to turn em on
PSN: Carefree_Ste
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline