Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-10-2013, 22:23   #1
LINKY.V.18
Closed Account

Lg G2

thinking of getting this phone, sim free. The reviews on battery life alone is the main factor for me. Has any got this phone?
questions are did you buy online in ireland/uk or has anyone found a way to buy one from India/elsewhere, etc. that will ship to ireland. i really think i will buy this phone except only the 16gb version is available here. Considering the lack of micro sd slot, the 32gb would be much more comfortable.
i will probably end up buying it here though with expansys.ie (listed as 569e).
final question: i will be going to southeast asia and australia for much of next year. if i buy the phone here will it work over there if i get a local sim.
listed network specs are: Network: 4G: LTE / 3G: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz / GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

couldn't decipher a definitive answer on this from google so just wan to make sure.

many thanks for any info/advice anyone can give me.

Cheers guys.
Advertisement
09-10-2013, 23:13   #2
LINKY.V.18
Closed Account

ok i have done some research and have come across a few non-irish sites for international delivery to ireland.

http://www.digitalrev.com/product/lg...gn=direct_link

http://mobyshop.com.sg/new-phones/brands/lg/lg-g2.html

I would just be a lot happier with the 32gb version which isn't available over here.

So if anyone has any input or knowledge of these websites as options to buy the Lg G2 32gb i would highly appreciate it.
i will be buying in the next day or so, just need some outside opinions.

09-10-2013, 23:31   #3
innocent_lover

I think amazon germany has 32gb black one for around €600 and simplyelectronics has it as well fot €539 but i haven't bought anything from them yet. http://www.simplyelectronics.net/mai....php?pid=23150

Last edited by innocent_lover; 09-10-2013 at 23:37.
10-10-2013, 09:44   #4
thomasj

I ordered a 16gb g2 through expansys uk (there was no option of a 32gb)

But I got a bit of a surprise!
Attached Images
File Type: png 2013-10-08-18-59-15.png (132.3 KB, 1135 views)
10-10-2013, 10:07   #5
Gryzor

Does this have stock android, or have LG there own customisation on top, like HTC Sense??
Advertisement
10-10-2013, 13:16   #6
thomasj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryzor View Post
Does this have stock android, or have LG there own customisation on top, like HTC Sense??
LG have their own skin but IMHO its much closer to stock android than touchwiz.
Thanks from:
16-10-2013, 14:35   #7
neil81

Any of the Irish networks going to take on the lg g2 looks a nice phone, strange they don't seem to be offering it on contract
16-10-2013, 18:37   #8
thomasj

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil81 View Post
Any of the Irish networks going to take on the lg g2 looks a nice phone, strange they don't seem to be offering it on contract
Apparently no, LG pulled out of the Irish market a year ago and their products are no longer available to buy in bricks and mortar shops in Ireland.

I got mine online.
17-10-2013, 07:45   #9
philthrill69

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasj View Post
Apparently no, LG pulled out of the Irish market a year ago and their products are no longer available to buy in bricks and mortar shops in Ireland.

I got mine online.
One exception to that is the LG gpad which Harvey Norman will be stocking by the end of the month.
I know it's a small bit off topic but it looks like a sexy 8inch tab.
Advertisement
13-11-2013, 23:49   #10
Alpha Dog 1

This phone can be got for 460 on Amazon, seems to be a good bit better than the nexus 5, much improved battery and camera.
Half tempted, anyone got the phone?
13-11-2013, 23:59   #11
Gran Hermano

Beware of reviews, there was talk at launch that LG were 'encouraging' websites and journalists to write positive reviews with rewards for glowing reviews.

I've heard it has serious bloatware on top of android with LG feeling the need to copy every customisation the competition offer regardless of whether needed or not.

The camera and battery are meant to be very good but think I'll stick with stock android.
01-12-2013, 16:20   #12
MJ434

I'm thinking of buying this phone...Are the reviews true or should i look at something else....Cheers
04-12-2013, 21:16   #13
youcancallmeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gran Hermano View Post
Beware of reviews, there was talk at launch that LG were 'encouraging' websites and journalists to write positive reviews with rewards for glowing reviews.

I've heard it has serious bloatware on top of android with LG feeling the need to copy every customisation the competition offer regardless of whether needed or not.

The camera and battery are meant to be very good but think I'll stick with stock android.
I've had it since launch about 2 months now. I read every single review going and I can honestly they we're for the most part accurate.
Very happy with it, best phone I've ever had in fact. I like the UI and find most of the extra features really useful. I don't get the whole giving out about bloatware because you can just uninstall whatever you want and if there is a feature you don't like you can just disable it?

I have a Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 and to be honest I actually find stock a bit bare. I have to install 3rd party apps to bring it up to the same level of functionality as my LG G2. By functionality I mean stuff like scanning for your face to keep the screen on and giving you a customisable list of apps when you plug head phones in just to name a couple. Like I said you can get stuff like this in stock android via 3rd party apps but it isn't as seamless when it isn't baked in, in fact I find it cheapens the look and feel when you have to use a 3rd party app.

Anyway I digress, for me the LG G2 is an all round winner. Great battery, camera, performance and highlight is the stunning screen. Only negative is the greasy plastic back but I've put it in a case so no matter.

Any questions let me know?
Thanks from:
04-12-2013, 21:20   #14
MJ434

Quote:
Originally Posted by youcancallmeal View Post
I've had it since launch about 2 months now. I read every single review going and I can honestly they we're for the most part accurate.
Very happy with it, best phone I've ever had in fact. I like the UI and find most of the extra features really useful. I don't get the whole giving out about bloatware because you can just uninstall whatever you want and if there is a feature you don't like you can just disable it?

I have a Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 and to be honest I actually find stock a bit bare. I have to install 3rd party apps to bring it up to the same level of functionality as my LG G2. By functionality I mean stuff like scanning for your face to keep the screen on and giving you a customisable list of apps when you plug head phones in just to name a couple. Like I said you can get stuff like this in stock android via 3rd party apps but it isn't as seamless when it isn't baked in, in fact I find it cheapens the look and feel when you have to use a 3rd party app.

Anyway I digress, for me the LG G2 is an all round winner. Great battery, camera, performance and highlight is the stunning screen. Only negative is the greasy plastic back but I've put it in a case so no matter.

Any questions let me know?
Bought a 16gb one yesterday for £359...I heard that there's only 10gb left for user?
04-12-2013, 21:38   #15
youcancallmeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ434 View Post
Bought a 16gb one yesterday for £359...I heard that there's only 10gb left for user?
Yup 10.62GB, not great but enough for me.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion