Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-08-2013, 18:28   #1
brenda93

dublin bus

hi guys, im from monaghan and have not got a clue about the dublin buses and the stops and numbers. so im looking to know how wud i get from charlestown shopping centre or places near there to blanch it? as im gunna be a first year at the college?? and going to be living in finglas for a month
Advertisement
21-08-2013, 18:29   #2
January

Send a message via AIM to January Send a message via MSN to January Send a message via Yahoo to January
40D from Cardiffsbridge Rd/Cappagh Rd junction. You'd have to walk from Charlestown or get the 40 from near there.
21-08-2013, 18:31   #3
brenda93

so i have to get the 40D from charlestown? or that bus that goes around that area? and wud that bring me to the college? someone also told me the 17a??
21-08-2013, 18:35   #4
January

Send a message via AIM to January Send a message via MSN to January Send a message via Yahoo to January
17a also, forgot about that. You'd need to go to Finglas Village to get that though, or as I said, get the 40 from near Charlestown to the junction of Cardiffsbridge Road and Cappagh Road. The 40D doesn't go to Charlestown
21-08-2013, 18:48   #5
brenda93

oh ye so ide get the 40 from as u said near charlestown to cappagh road then the 40d goes to the college? sorry if im a bit slow this is all new to me
Advertisement
21-08-2013, 19:00   #6
glossy

17a also goes to Blanchardstown center. Not too sure where the bus stop is.
Have a look here more in detail times routes etc...

dublinbus.ie

hth.
21-08-2013, 19:31   #7
the_syco

Have a look at hittheroad.ie as it may suit you well, to see where the bus stops will be in reference to your location in Finglas.
21-08-2013, 20:57   #8
supersonic64

Similar question for the locals on here or anyone that uses the route.
Young 'un starting at DIT Aungier St in Sept, in student accomodation in Hazelwood, Northwood, Santry Ave.I believe the 16 comes down Swords rd and has a stop at Aungier St church. Would this be the most direct route and approx how long would it take?
21-08-2013, 21:49   #9
Victor

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersonic64 View Post
Young 'un starting at DIT Aungier St in Sept, in student accomodation in Hazelwood, Northwood, Santry Ave.I believe the 16 comes down Swords rd and has a stop at Aungier St church. Would this be the most direct route and approx how long would it take?
It takes about an hour, regardless of routing, so the 4, 13 and 16 are all options, with or without using any 17a that happens to go by. Note that in the morning, many route 16 services start at Shanard Road and don't go via Beaumont. Going via Beaumont during rush hour can be chaos.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Jour...-Timetables/4/
http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Jour...Timetables/13/
http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Jour...imetables/16-/

Alternatively, get the first bus that shows at the stop in to O'Connell Street and change there.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
22-08-2013, 08:48   #10
carlmango11

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersonic64 View Post
Similar commute to one I used to do. I'd probably do this:

Walk to Ballymun Road, get first City-Centre-bound bus that arrives. You can time when to leave your house using the app or website. I think there's also more routes if you walk down into the main street in Ballymun, outside the Civic Centre area.

If the bus goes towards Aungier Street, stay on it (I think the 13 would go down Dame St so you could get off near George's St. But the 4 takes Nassau, you could walk from College Green) otherwise, get off on O'Connell St and then..

Hop on a bike and pedal your way across O'Connell Bridge, right through the rush hour traffic on College Green (grand aul laugh), and park it up on maybe Stephen's Green, on the south end, or maybe there's a better one. Again, smartphone apps are useful. I find cycling is often quicker than sitting in traffic in the CC anyway.
(2) thanks from:
22-08-2013, 11:17   #11
Polar101

To the OP going from Charlestown to Blanch IT, the 220 would also be an option. Get it from Poppintree and it gets you closer to Blanch IT than the 40D would.
22-08-2013, 11:19   #12
endacl

You could download one of the many Dublin bus apps OP. They'll plan the journey for you.
Thanks from:
22-08-2013, 11:49   #13
schemingbohemia

Use the journey planner www.a-b.ie
(2) thanks from:
22-08-2013, 20:50   #14
the boss of me

The OP should get the 17a from Finglas to the National Aquatic center on Snugborough Rd. Then its a ten minute walk through Corduff estate to the IT.
Thanks from:
23-08-2013, 04:06   #15
dfx-

Mod: Soccer
Quote:
Originally Posted by brenda93 View Post
hi guys, im from monaghan and have not got a clue about the dublin buses and the stops and numbers. so im looking to know how wud i get from charlestown shopping centre or places near there to blanch it? as im gunna be a first year at the college?? and going to be living in finglas for a month
- 9 (whose terminus is outside the Shopping Centre/McDonalds/KFC) or the 83 (which comes down from Harristown garage/airport/motorway beside Charlestown Shopping Centre) to Glasnevin Avenue.

- The 17A runs along Glasnevin Avenue to Blanchardstown Shopping Centre. Its closest point to Blanch IT is probably just past the National Aquatic Centre on Snugborough Rd.

- You could walk from there or go to the last stop on the 17A and get a 238 from Blanchardstown Shopping Centre to Tyrellstown which passes by the IT. But be aware, the 238 is infrequent, every hour and nothing after 9pm.

Last edited by dfx-; 23-08-2013 at 04:08.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion