Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-06-2013, 08:47   #1
Lord TSC

Mod: Soccer
WWE Smackdown Spoilers for 14th June 2013

Thanks to Wrestlezone reader Brian McAbee for sending in the following live report for this week's episode of WWE Friday Night Smackdown.

-Daniel Bryan opens the night and tries to break up Kane, leading to an argument between the two over which is the weak link in their team. Kane tries to chokeslam Bryan, but Randy Orton makes the save and reminds him of the tag match at Payback this Sunday. The Shield show up on the screen and encourage them all to keep fighting. This sets up a 6-man tag match between them all for tonight's main event.

(1) Sheamus def. Antonio Cesaro. Damien Sandow was ringside for the match, and attacked Sheamus afterwards.

-Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston find Teddy Long backstage, and he's eating a burger from Carl's Junior (cheap plug). They complain about the match tonight being so close to WWE Payback.

(2) Heath Slater def. The Great Khali. Slater actually won the match, using a DDT, when the other members of 3MB distracted him.

(3) Alberto del Rio & Chris Jericho def. Dolph Ziggler & Big E Langston. Ziggler didn't work much of the match, probably just to be safe, and del Rio picked up the win over Langston with a roll-up.

-Chris Jericho cuts a promo backstage about his match Sunday against CM Punk. Paul Heyman cuts him off, and gets slapped in the face for his trouble.

-There was supposed to be a match between Kaitlyn and Aksana, but it doesn't get started as the Divas Champion goes insane and attacks her opponent, the referee and more.

(4) Curtis Axel def. Wade Barrett. The Miz was on commentary, and hit Axel with the Skull Crushing Finale after the match.

(5) Kane, Daniel Bryan & Randy Orton def. The Shield. Bryan won the match for his team, using the YES Lock on Seth Rollins, picking up the first ever pinfall victory over The Shield!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-06-2013, 09:41   #2
SlickRic

The Shield lose?

on Smackdown?

yup, WWE are morons.
(3) thanks from:
12-06-2013, 10:20   #3
rovert

Was waiting for that.

They lost before and doesn't really matter.
12-06-2013, 10:43   #4
Lord TSC

Mod: Soccer
At least if they have to lose, it's to continue Bryan's momentum. Of all the possibly losses (and remember, they already lost to Cena a few weeks back on Raw), this one offends me the least.
Thanks from:
12-06-2013, 10:44   #5
Ando's Saggy Bottom
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRic View Post
The Shield lose?

on Smackdown?

yup, WWE are morons.
Rollins lost to Daniel Bran, the hottest guy in the company right now, around whom TV has been built the last month and on the cusp of a huge push. Makes perfect sense.

Not sure where this idea came from that the Shield or its members need to go on a Goldberg-like run of wins. They are being pushed to the moon. Nobody needs or has to have a 100% record. At least wait and see the match. I bet all six new come out it looking a million dollars, like everyone always does in these Shield Main Events. When that happens the identity of who takes the fall is irrelevant.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-06-2013, 10:47   #6
Penn
Well-endowed

Better that they lose on Smackdown (making it seem like Bryan and Orton could beat them at Payback and continuing Bryan's push), but still allow them to win at Payback (the bigger and more important match)
(2) thanks from:
12-06-2013, 11:42   #7
SlickRic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovert View Post
Was waiting for that.

They lost before and doesn't really matter.
it probably doesn't, but it should matter.

and to Ando's point, i don't have any want for them to go on this Goldberg streak. but them not being pinned as a team was, i thought, a big deal.

yes, The Shield are still being pushed to the moon. but again, IMO, this is an opportunity lost to do something a little bit different. they hadn't been pinned and submitted for so long, they could've had it go long and really mean something in the end.

yes, they're still a dominant team. but I fear this is also a sign that they'll now just be booked like pretty much everyone else, and then WWE will wonder why they're not as over as they were before.
12-06-2013, 12:21   #8
riffmongous

Who cares about the Shield losing, I doubt if it will mean anything for them in the long run. This is the real news from smackdown

Quote:
(2) Heath Slater def. The Great Khali. Slater actually won the match, using a DDT, when the other members of 3MB distracted him.
12-06-2013, 13:08   #9
Mr.Saturn

Quote:
The Shield lose?

on Smackdown?

yup, WWE are morons.
They were champions competing in non-title matches, it's the WWE way. It's also the wrestling-way, I guess, but the booking of it in the 'E tends to exacerbate it as they've got 5 hours of screen-time to fill each week.
Advertisement
12-06-2013, 13:17   #10
SlickRic

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffmongous View Post
I doubt if it will mean anything for them in the long run.
it won't. they'll still be pushed.

i just thought they might keep the "not pinned as a team" going for a little while longer. it added to their aura IMO, and i thought down the road it may mean more money to the company.

at least it was Bryan who got the first victory over them
12-06-2013, 13:20   #11
GTR63
Closed Account

I think them losing by pin or sub should matter what was the point of WWE building them up as an unstoppable team then(I don`t remember all these 6 Man Tag losses either unless you count DQ`s or that).
WWE just gave it away on a smackdown that fúck all will watch. At least do it on a PPV or a Raw at least.
12-06-2013, 13:44   #12
riffmongous

Quote:
it won't. they'll still be pushed.

i just thought they might keep the "not pinned as a team" going for a little while longer. it added to their aura IMO, and i thought down the road it may mean more money to the company.

at least it was Bryan who got the first victory over them
I'd guess the idea was to try to make people think Orton and Bryan will have a shot at winning at Payback and distract from the heel turn that might happen once they lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR63 View Post
WWE just gave it away on a smackdown that fúck all will watch. At least do it on a PPV or a Raw at least.
This is crazy alright and it's the problem that where there is always the big 'going home RAW' before a PPV, Smackdown is actually the closing show and nobody cares about it, due to the pointlessness of Smackdown every other week.
12-06-2013, 13:50   #13
JP Liz V1

Quote:
The Shield lose?

on Smackdown?

yup, WWE are morons.
They are winning at Payback so
12-06-2013, 14:10   #14
SlickRic

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffmongous View Post
I'd guess the idea was to try to make people think Orton and Bryan will have a shot at winning at Payback and distract from the heel turn that might happen once they lose.
that's definitely the idea.

i just think it's a silly way to give away The Shield's first pinfall/submission loss as a team.

but again, i'm fully aware it won't affect their push at the moment.
12-06-2013, 14:26   #15
riffmongous

I think it could work out well for them in the end, get it out of the way while they are still on an upward trajectory rather than follow up a winning streak with a losing streak (look how Kozlov ended up and Ryback is only starting to recover now). I really have no confidence in the WWE to book an undefeated streak properly

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion