Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-03-2013, 18:05   #1
laurakilleen

Debs Dresses Dublin

Hey I'm in 6th year and starting to look around for debs dresses. Anyone know anywhere in Dublin (town preferably) where you can get nice but not too expensive dresses?

Thanks!
Advertisement
14-03-2013, 19:05   #2
bscm

The usual places like Coast, Debenhams, Arnotts, House of Fraser in Dundrum etc.

There's Julien in St Stephen's Green SC (but it is quite expensive for what you could get elsewhere for cheaper, prices are on average 200-400+ euro there).

Costume in Castle Market (can be expensive also, they stock designer labels but have sales from time to time, also you can try on the dress in store and buy online, American department stores like Macys or Bloomingdales ship to Ireland and stock some of their brands). Alila and Lara Boutique also do debs dresses.

Bridal shops also stock debs dresses or bridesmaids dresses which sometimes look exactly like debs dresses, so it might be worth checking them out
14-03-2013, 21:45   #3
laurakilleen

Thank you so much!
14-03-2013, 22:25   #4
Twee.

Spend lots of time browsing and trying on! I got my dress really early on, but I put it away and didn't tell/show anyone as I was afraid I'd get sick looking at it by the time I actually had to wear it

Have a look in Biba at House of Fraser, they usually have some nice full length gowns. I think this one is beautiful, and a bold colour! http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Biba+...efault,pd.html

Ted Baker as well http://www.tedbaker.com/women%27s/wo...sses/list.aspx

My own dress (which I absolutely loved!) was from a sample sale. I spotted the ad in the back on the Irish Independent, it was just a sale in a hotel function room.
14-03-2013, 22:32   #5
laurakilleen

Thank you!
Advertisement
14-03-2013, 22:42   #6
Esoteric_
Closed Account

For nice, unique dresses at decent prices, I'd like to add Wicked Frills on Dorset St (ten minute walk from O'Connell Street) to the lists already given.

got my own dress in Monsoon for 350 euro, saw one even nicer in Wicked Frills for 150 and was sickened.
14-03-2013, 22:46   #7
Bobblehead Panda
Category Moderator

I passed Wicked Frills today and they have big signs up saying that everything is under €90 I think.
14-03-2013, 22:57   #8
Esoteric_
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobblehead Panda View Post
I passed Wicked Frills today and they have big signs up saying that everything is under €90 I think.
I wish I was young enough to go to a debs, I'd be buying everything in there at that price.
17-03-2013, 02:40   #9
Aoifums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoteric_ View Post
I wish I was young enough to go to a debs, I'd be buying everything in there at that price.
You might as well pop in and have a look. I didn't like most of the dresses in there when I was debs dress shopping but that was a couple of years ago and my tastes are probably different to yours. There were an awful lot of bridesmaid dresses there.
Advertisement
14-06-2013, 16:53   #10
gillapino

I got mine in Pamela Scotts, was around 80/90 euro! They usually have a good selection !
14-06-2013, 17:02   #11
miss molly

TKMaxx is always worth a look, always have a large selection.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion