Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-02-2013, 21:55   #1
Gautama

Where can I find out about an upcoming court case.

Someone I know (but do not get on with) is appearing in court next month, or so I've been told. Is there some source of information that I can consult to find out exactly when his case is due?
Advertisement
15-02-2013, 22:13   #2
ResearchWill
Closed Account

Www.courts.ie lists some cases.
16-02-2013, 08:20   #3
Corkbah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautama View Post
Someone I know (but do not get on with) is appearing in court next month, or so I've been told. Is there some source of information that I can consult to find out exactly when his case is due?
why do you wish to turn up to a court case of someone you do not get on with ?

Are you planning to heckle/shout abuse at them or just morbidly curious as to what sentence they will receive ? Are you the persons victim ?(in which case you should be informed of the court date)
16-02-2013, 11:05   #4
Gautama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkbah View Post
Are you planning to heckle/shout abuse at them or just morbidly curious as to what sentence they will receive ?
Neither. I've never been inside a courthouse and I'm interested in seeing the legal process. As I know the person involved I'll have a very rounded view of the events. Unlike, say, somebody watching the Blade Runner case in RSA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkbah View Post
Are you the persons victim ?(in which case you should be informed of the court date)
I've been a minor "victim" (to use your term) of this person on a number of other incidents on-and-off over the last 25 years or so. Mainly ASBOs, some theft and trespass. Those I've reported have been ignored by the Gardai. The few times I tried to resolve the issue myself the Gardai have told me that my actions "leave me responsible", i.e. in undoing his wrong I've left myself open to prosecution.

His "victims" this time have been animals. This time it's cattle. Cruelty and starvation. Despite the fact that the Dept of Agriculture have been delivering "free" (ie paid by the taxpayer) fodder to him once a week for months.

When he was in court last here his "victims" were donkeys. They could be heard bellowing with the hunger throughout the winter.

Al Capone was a murderer and a crook but was imprisoned for tax evasion. I'm sure his "victims" took solace that he served time for something.
16-02-2013, 11:14   #5
Gautama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResearchWill View Post
Www.courts.ie lists some cases.
Not a great site, is it?

The case is for animal cruelty therefore I assume it's the Cork () District Court, or maybe the Mallow court.

That's District 19/20:
http://www.courts.ie/courts.ie/libra...nDocument#No20

It gives the hours of scheduled sittings but no mention of the forth coming cases.
Advertisement
16-02-2013, 11:21   #6
NoQuarter

DC cases wont be listed as there are hundreds. Only the next days cases are listed anyway.

You could try call the district office to find out, they may or may not be able to tell you but theres no way of finding out online.

Oh and, for what its worth, I think it is a great site. It may not find your buddy john smith who slaps cows arses but it serves the whole legal profession every single day. But whatever you say!
16-02-2013, 11:32   #7
Gautama

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoQuarter View Post

Oh and, for what its worth, I think it is a great site. It may not find your buddy john smith who slaps cows arses but it serves the whole legal profession every single day. But whatever you say!
I worked in Web Development for 10 years. I've been using the internet for 20 years. I reminds me of sites from the mid-90ies.

Are you in the legal profession? If so, I would regard this as a mild example of how out of touch the legal profession are; obviously not as serious as the Patrick O'Brien / Fiona Doyle case, but a flaw on every level.

As for "slaps cows arses", that's another example. Last years case was worse than "slaps":

"They had no access to shelter over the winter period and were so hungry they were eating bark off the trees. Their health was very poor and they struggled to find water. They had a large number of internal parasites and they had various open wounds. Some donkeys had rain scald, one had a bleeding sarcoid and all the donkeys were treated for lice infestations. The Donkey Sanctuary worked closely with the Department of Agriculture over the last number of months to help bring this case to a successful conclusion."
http://www.thedonkeysanctuary.ie/node/556
16-02-2013, 11:55   #8
NoQuarter

Quote:
I worked in Web Development for 10 years. I've been using the internet for 20 years. I reminds me of sites from the mid-90ies.

Are you in the legal profession? If so, I would regard this as a mild example of how out of touch the legal profession are;
Wow, a technology hipster!
16-02-2013, 12:09   #9
Procrastastudy
Closed Account

You've never actually sat in on a court case and you're asserting the legal profession is 'out of touch'. Is it just one shoulder you have a chip on?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
16-02-2013, 12:11   #10
ResearchWill
Closed Account

Quote:

Are you in the legal profession? If so, I would regard this as a mild example of how out of touch the legal profession are; obviously not as serious as the Patrick O'Brien / Fiona Doyle case, but a flaw on every level.

As for "slaps cows arses", that's another example. Last years case was worse than "slaps":

"They had no access to shelter over the winter period and were so hungry they were eating bark off the trees. Their health was very poor and they struggled to find water. They had a large number of internal parasites and they had various open wounds. Some donkeys had rain scald, one had a bleeding sarcoid and all the donkeys were treated for lice infestations. The Donkey Sanctuary worked closely with the Department of Agriculture over the last number of months to help bring this case to a successful conclusion."
http://www.thedonkeysanctuary.ie/node/556
As Government web sits go its very good. The issue is a data one where mst district courts do not have the resources to put their lists up. The site is very easy to navigate for information on all high court cases (except family and asylum) it has a large database of recent high court decisions.

In relation to the legal profession being behind the times on tech, most modern court rooms have very advanced tech in place. In any High Court a large number of lawyers will be using iPads and it won't be long before the Judges are getting the papers to view on iPads.

Most HC registrars get the papers emailed to them, so they cn create the order there and then in court. Through tech most registrars are able to continue with their office works while in court.

It should also be remembered that the total cost of all courts in the country including wages and capital is about 110 million, the courts produce income in stamp duty etc. of 50 million and criminal fines levied and collected 16 million, leaving 44 million costs to the state, which I think is very good considering its a national organisation.
(2) thanks from:
16-02-2013, 12:34   #11
NoQuarter

Quote:
As Government web sits go its very good. The issue is a data one where mst district courts do not have the resources to put their lists up. The site is very easy to navigate for information on all high court cases (except family and asylum) it has a large database of recent high court decisions.

In relation to the legal profession being behind the times on tech, most modern court rooms have very advanced tech in place. In any High Court a large number of lawyers will be using iPads and it won't be long before the Judges are getting the papers to view on iPads.

Most HC registrars get the papers emailed to them, so they cn create the order there and then in court. Through tech most registrars are able to continue with their office works while in court.

It should also be remembered that the total cost of all courts in the country including wages and capital is about 110 million, the courts produce income in stamp duty etc. of 50 million and criminal fines levied and collected 16 million, leaving 44 million costs to the state, which I think is very good considering its a national organisation.
But, but, but... the Daily Mail said........
Thanks from:
16-02-2013, 12:45   #12
ResearchWill
Closed Account

Quote:
O so true, the only issue now is you can add all and I mean all news media to that statement.
16-02-2013, 12:46   #13
Procrastastudy
Closed Account

Quote:
But is the daily mail available for digital download to an iPad running Linux?
16-02-2013, 12:52   #14
NoQuarter

Quote:
O so true, the only issue now is you can add all and I mean all news media to that statement.
Dont like the new Indo layout neither then?
16-02-2013, 12:53   #15
NoQuarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procrastastudy View Post
But is the daily mail available for digital download to an iPad running Linux?
I'm sure OP uses RSS feed. But I couldnt be sure, I'm way out of touch. Practically a dinosaur.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion