Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AvantCard - MBNA

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

red bull wrote: »
    Got signed up, does that mean I have agreed to go paperless ? Confused !!

It means you can now view and access your credit card account online like you could before with MBNA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭red bull

Galadriel wrote: »
    It means you can now view and access your credit card account online like you could before with MBNA.

Yea I know that, but there was a part in t&cs about paperless

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭birchtree

BuffyBot wrote: »
    MBNA credit card cheques haven't been issued in a while, and you haven't been able to use them either.

They havent been issued alright, but they worked fine until changeover. There was nothing about cheques in the changeover leaflet. Just would not want to give a bad cheque.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

Got through there eventually. Had an "inactive" card when it came to registering. They activated the card and when I tried to register it says the details I've supplied aren't correct. Card is now blocked.

Not ringing them again. Going to do a balance transfer to the new card once it arrives. Goodbye Avant.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Got through there eventually. Had an "inactive" card when it came to registering. They activated the card and when I tried to register it says the details I've supplied aren't correct. Card is now blocked.

Not ringing them again. Going to do a balance transfer to the new card once it arrives. Goodbye Avant.

Is this for the 3d secure?

I blocked mine because the name has to be exactly as its on the card including the 'Mr' which I never had to do before. Rang up today, on hold for about 3 mins and then unblocked and registered perfectly then.

Then fecked up big time, but least its back now with the added bonus of paying online with debit card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

Davy wrote: »
    Is this for the 3d secure?

I blocked mine because the name has to be exactly as its on the card including the 'Mr' which I never had to do before. Rang up today, on hold for about 3 mins and then unblocked and registered perfectly then.

Then fecked up big time, but least its back now with the added bonus of paying online with debit card.

No not for 3D secure.

In order to see my online statement I have to re-register my old MBNA card. I've rang them loads of times not at this point and it's a shambles. I have rang them 6 times today alone and four of those times after pressing "5" to speak to a customer service agent the line has either gone dead or there is silence for 4-5 minutes before I hang up. My main worry is I paid a large sum off the card last week that doesn't seem to be appearing on the voice automated last transactions.

I'll figure out where that's gone in time once the new card arrives. I don't think this is really how to inspire confidence in a new service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Yea I know that, but there was a part in t&cs about paperless

Well maybe if you had stated that in your question :D

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

branners69 wrote: »
    I am in the same boat. Is there any chance of a reset so you can try again or do you definitely have to call them?

Called them early this morning, surprisingly a call that lasted under 3 mins :) A very nice rep did the usual and first asked some security questions, then she unblocked my card, and advised I wait 10-15 mins before trying to register again.

Registered just now on a Win7 machine using Firefox, worked first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Registered there now, and a payment I made from AIB online banking on Tuesday is in the account already.

Looks like it's good to go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭AlmostQuick

mikkijan wrote: »
    Thanks for that update AlmostQuick, that's good to know. I'll wait until early next week before I try again.
    I took a chance since people seem to be reporting success at registering today and was pleasently surprised to be able to register without problem. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭AlmostQuick

Got signed up, does that mean I have agreed to go paperless ? Confused !!
    From their site: You can revert back to paper statements at any time. Navigate to 'Manage Account' tab and click 'Resume Paper Statements' link, then select 'Paper statements' in the 'Choose your statement delivery' option and submit.
    However, there's no 'Manage Account' tab! In the site map I found 'Change to paper statements' but it's not active yet. It seems by registering you are agreeing to paperless statements and need to change it if you want paper statements.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Its an 0818 number so costs money to ring, can't get through despite repeated attempts. On one occasion got through to a voicemail, which was full!

Ring the non 0818 number: 071 965 6262

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

I resisted with avantcard , but says " page not available try back later , ??? Am I doing something wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lighthouse991

And suddenly i was able to register my husband's card after the first attempt today!

The payment I made 2 days ago via AIB that had old card number of course doesn't show on their site. I had to make one using Laser card just now, but payment Due Date is tomorrow and of course they'll apply the Late fee now. I wonder how quickly i'll get the reply to my complaint and if they'll find the the money i paid via AIB considering they couldn't even do the simple thing - get the spelling right on their pretty basic site.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Been with MBNA now for the guts of 12 years and with all this messing its wrecking my head. Can't get on the site, can't get through! Not impressed.
    SERIOUSLY considering dropping their gold card now and getting the Tesco VISA, at least it will have a few rewards!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭birchtree

Play Bunny wrote: »
    I resisted with avantcard , but says " page not available try back later , ??? Am I doing something wrong?

Same here, I hoped I waited long enough since 15th to register, tried just now and getting "Sorry, the page you requested is not available at this time. Please try again later." FFS, week later!!! Entered all the details, clicked register, and getting this??? Why would it not display that message before I entered all the details?? What a complete project failure. How did it not get media attention yet??? Ulster bank problems were all over front pages. Must be because it affected business customers.

Edit: the above is happening with Firefox and Chrome. IE10 keeps on redirecting to Online Banking page every time you click Continue - I suppose this is to lessen frustration as it does not even get to the page where you can enter your card details. A bank struggling with browser variations... Seriously, have they got interns building their website???

• Registered Users Posts: 1 PMB101

It seems to me the easiest solution is to burn the mbna cards and go for one of the BOI OR AIB cards. I have serpent hours trying to register and get no further than the Create Profile step where it keeps rejecting passwords.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lighthouse991

birchtree wrote: »
    Same here, I hoped I waited long enough since 15th to register, tried just now and getting "Sorry, the page you requested is not available at this time. Please try again later."

This is what I was getting for 3 days when registering my husband's card and suddenly i managed to register it first attempt yesterday eve.

I really wonder if they are still migrating data as my husbands surname is close to the end of the alphabet as well as his account is about 10 years old. Totally opposite situation with my card that was able to register 3 days ago - account only 3-4 years old, surname begins with "H". But, of course, it's only a guess.

Well its saying im registered , so put in my username , password & memorable word, then that silly msg trying a week now, the demo makes it look easy, may ring them monday...dopes....

anyone get registered to day as im sick of trying every day for a week, some shower of operators.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Arpad

Just tried registering there and getting msg saying 'your details do not match our records'!!:mad:
    Do I waste my time phoning them again??!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Luluk

Just registered my card a moment ago without any trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Arpad

I have just been issued with new 'MBNA branded cards' as my current card is about to expire in May. I have been in contact with Avant about this and they have told me they were posted automatically but to just ignore them, as they won't be issuing me with pin numbers for the new cards.

Yet the only card that will register on their website is the new card!!!!!!!! Looks like another 30 minute on hold call to make in the morning....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Couple of questions and i just wanted to see if anyone can shed a bit of light:

The limit of 750 per month payment via Visa Debit, does a similar limit apply if one were to pay the balance by EFT from their current account?

I paid my balance via a Visa Debit card yesterday, but this is yet to be reflected on my account. Do card payments take a few days to update your balance?

Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭The Niece

Couple of questions and i just wanted to see if anyone can shed a bit of light:

The limit of 750 per month payment via Visa Debit, does a similar limit apply if one were to pay the balance by EFT from their current account?

I paid my balance via a Visa Debit card yesterday, but this is yet to be reflected on my account. Do card payments take a few days to update your balance?

Thanks a mill

Can't comment on visa debit but I paid over 750 from my aib bank account on Tuesday morning and balance was updated by Friday afternoon ( still can't register tho)

Arpad wrote: »
    I have just been issued with new 'MBNA branded cards' as my current card is about to expire in May. I have been in contact with Avant about this and they have told me they were posted automatically but to just ignore them, as they won't be issuing me with pin numbers for the new cards.

Yet the only card that will register on their website is the new card!!!!!!!! Looks like another 30 minute on hold call to make in the morning....

I only got a new c/card in early jan with mbna on it, thats the 1 im trying to reg with, im not due a new card until 2015.... Wonder if they will post new 1s with there new name?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭red bull

Play Bunny wrote: »
    I only got a new c/card in early jan with mbna on it, thats the 1 im trying to reg with, im not due a new card until 2015.... Wonder if they will post new 1s with there new name?

Same here, it stated at the time that there would be change to avantcard in March but the mbna branded card would be in use till the new card in 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Thraxen

It is ridiculous I still can't register my card. When I decided to stop one of my 4 cards so I could change the rate on my MBNA loan it meant the card is no longer active. They say that because there is on security code as there is no card they can't get said code and refuse to let me register it online... even though that is how i pay for the damn card. It is ridiculous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Neddy39

After 5 days trying registered my card saturday morning with little problem. Website account transaction details not visible.
    A shoddy start from Avant which does not inspire confidence for the future.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Neddy39 wrote: »
    Website account transaction details not visible.
    A shoddy start from Avant which does not inspire confidence for the future.

That bit really bothers me too. I like seeing the transactions, since I use my account a lot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement