Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

20-03-2013, 12:59   #106
Neddy39

Quote:
Originally Posted by frost View Post
Yes mine too, and cant get through on the phone number and cant register on the site. Am going to apply for a different credit card tomorrow
Just joined this thread, This site will not let me register. This does not bode well for the future. They have had over a year to prepare for this switch over. Any point in contacting financial ombudsman?
Advertisement
20-03-2013, 13:03   #107
frost

catch 22 with replacement card

Quote:
Originally Posted by readyletsgo View Post
People, remember to refresh the 'site down' page!!!
Refreshed the site and can now get to registration screens, thanks for that!

In an annoying situation now - mbna posted me new cards last week, but they needed to get activated. The cards are mbna branded and the activation website is on the mbna.ie site which as you know redirects to avantcard's, where there isnt an activation page or FAQ.

So I tried to register on the avantcard site, thinking that I could activate the card after I registered. First tried using my 'old' card; it doesn't recognise the number but that's fair enough, since the 'new' one is supposed to replace it. But can't use the new card number to register either -- message I get back says card isn't activated yet.

So I tried calling them again. Was on hold about 25 minutes yesterday and gave up. On hold now for 13 minutes so far. Patience running thin at this stage.
20-03-2013, 13:15   #108
kceire

Finally able to register.
As above, if you get the "under Construction Screen", hit refresh a few times until it fixes itself!
20-03-2013, 13:24   #109
ncmc

Ok, so have ordered a duplicate statement, so hopefully once I have the correct credit limit, I can register online.

One question though, the bank details for Avant Gard are the same as for MBNA, do you think it would be safe enough to process an EFT to Avant Gard? I normally pay something off my card as it is payday.
20-03-2013, 13:36   #110
Hal1

Ok a bit of progress there. I refreshed the page and it will let me register, but says my card is inactive . I've been using it for the last few months. So now I have to get on the phone to them to sort this out. I will want interest free for the month of April after this.
Advertisement
20-03-2013, 14:27   #111
BuffyBot
Administrator

I'm in, but no transactions or statement history as of yet. Bit by bit things are coming back online it seems.
20-03-2013, 14:32   #112
Hal1

Lets hope so .
20-03-2013, 15:58   #113
dublin-texas

I finally managed to register (after changing my internet explorer to behave like internet explorer 7 for which the website was obviously written) and I noticed several problems with the data (outdated) but it shows me the basic data about my card as it does for other.

I than went to the secure card registration (3D) and despite me entering my data carefully my card got blocked so I called for help and after a longer hold period a nice person unblocked the card and updated my data.

When you are on the secure card registration page (3D) make sure you enter the name exactly as it is on the card (with title) otherwise it won't accept it and your card might get blocked.

So I now can use my card again with the 3D sites (which are everywhere) and all is well.
20-03-2013, 16:13   #114
sallymomo

grrrrrrr

Tried six times, firefox, IE, browser deletions etc.
recognises the basic details but when I try to create profile it doesnt "like" the password..

Tried numerous passwords, all within their "password guidelines" and none work

Any suggestions oh wise ones of boards? i wouldn't expect a transition year project to be tested as little as this website...

Thanks!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
20-03-2013, 16:24   #115
Solair
Closed Account

It's like a bad beta test site ! Full of errors and non working sections!

You'd expect a financial institution to try to inspire confidence !!
20-03-2013, 17:09   #116
bermo

I'm still getting "Sorry try again later" when I try to register. I rang and was on hold for 20 mins or so. Got talking to a woman who said the site is fixed, and will accept registrations but because its being inundated with people all trying to do the same thing, she says I should wait until 8 this evening to see if its cooled down a bit.

Avant made a real mess of this. This is my first experience with them. They are part of Apollo Global Management, and it is really the former Spanish wing of MBNA which has now been consolidated with the Irish wing. So its Avant Tarjeta trading as Avant Card in Ireland. I can imagine some former MBNA Spanish boss is really finding this frustrating. And I hope they lose customers because of it. I'll give it a week or two myself. I get the feeling the web site will not be very good for e-statements etc. I get the impression the web site is not their top priority. I'll clear my bill with them and probably go over to BoI VISA.
20-03-2013, 17:40   #117
carolmon

just managed to log on but was told my card is now inactive.....i sent a payment on 14 March so i guess this hasn't gone through.

Does anybody have an office/ landline or email contact? Can't afford to call the premium rate lines to be put on hold.

Somebody mentioned earlier that it might be worth contacting the financial ombudsman and tbh i think this is a good idea, this inept changeover has left a lot of people without credit access.... def not a good start for Avant card.
20-03-2013, 18:30   #118
marburke2006

I have had similar issues today....every password I chose and believe me I followed the rules, to no avail. I tried windows chrome and IE. no difference, still didnt like my password.
Then I had a recheck over the rest of my details. I had used the full international phone number (35387XXXXXXX). I then retried (on IE - not sure if that was my problem or not) with just 087XXXXXXX. Bingo !!
So the error on passwords may be a red herring.
Thanks from:
20-03-2013, 19:09   #119
Pablo Sanchez
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by marburke2006 View Post
I have had similar issues today....every password I chose and believe me I followed the rules, to no avail. I tried windows chrome and IE. no difference, still didnt like my password.
Then I had a recheck over the rest of my details. I had used the full international phone number (35387XXXXXXX). I then retried (on IE - not sure if that was my problem or not) with just 087XXXXXXX. Bingo !!
So the error on passwords may be a red herring.
Since its the last 6 digits, surely the prefix you used should not matter?

This password issue is doing my head in!
20-03-2013, 19:14   #120
Galadriel

My problem is I can't sign up because I don't have an actual credit card, so no details, last November I opted to stayed on the lower interest rate in return I wouldn't use/get a new credit card, I didn't use it anyway so I didn't mind but now how the hell am I supposed to register? I hear you can't pay in the post office anymore?

Guess I'll be joining the queue of callers tomorrow
Thread Closed