Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

22-03-2013, 09:42   #196
dublin-texas

So I'm up an running fully now.

a.) online banking is working (internet explorer 7 mode)
b.) 3D security is working
c.) Payment via their online banking taken from my visa debit card and credited (to avoid the hassle of transferring from my bank).
d.) Card works fine in use (since I registered for online banking)

Yes the online banking is bad but if you look at avantcard.es you can see that once it's fully deployed it will have all that one needs. Still better than Tesco's non existing online banking ;-)

Let's see how this develops, I agree that it should not have been this bad, but they are making progress and I quite like card because of the high limit (I travel a lot and that pay back immediately) and the looks of it (it looks nicer than the new ICE card version which is plain PTSB).
Advertisement
22-03-2013, 10:23   #197
birchtree

Does anyone know whether the MBNA branded cheques are still accepted?
22-03-2013, 10:32   #198
BuffyBot
Administrator

MBNA credit card cheques haven't been issued in a while, and you haven't been able to use them either.
22-03-2013, 10:35   #199
Paulw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffyBot View Post
MBNA credit card cheques haven't been issued in a while, and you haven't been able to use them either.
One of mine was cashed last month. I wrote it in Dec.

I still have a few of them at home.
22-03-2013, 10:52   #200
bb12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel View Post
Rang them just after 8, was only on hold for 5 minutes, I explained that I cannot register on the website because I no longer have an actual credit card so although I have the card number there is no expiry date etc., they told me I will never be able to register on the website so

But on a brighter note they took my payment over the phone so no trip to the post office for me!
I don't have a credit card anymore either but i noted down the credit card number, 3 digits and expiry dates etc before i destroyed. it expired last october but i've just been able to register my account online now with the details including this past expiry date.
Advertisement
22-03-2013, 11:15   #201
listermint

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Niece View Post
So the payment I made from my aib account on Tuesday morning has cleared on my credit card...checked my balance on the helpline - I had used the old old mbna card number I had received years ago (and has since changed) so was worried it wouldn't...relief now that it has. I think another poster was in the same boat so hope that helps

Think I'll leave off for a few days now, can't register cos card is inactive still
Yep just checked mine there. Payment that i sent last week has gone through so happy days
22-03-2013, 11:16   #202
Mocofish7

Hi all I have spent hour trying to contact Avant.
It will not let me sign on as Username not in accordance with their rules,
to change this requires my current "credit limit", as I am on E statements I can not log in to look up. as I can not contact them it is just a circle (no end.)

I think time to get new credit card,

I am sure Avant will contact me when payment due,I will pay balance due , but not any interest or charges.
22-03-2013, 11:29   #203
monthehoops

Well I still didn't get through so applied for a new credit card this morning with someone else. I will pay off the Avant one in bits and then cancel it in a few weeks once I don't have to spend an hour of my own time trying to access a service that's provided better elsewhere. Also, if there are small oversights in things such as phone number digits etc then who knows where else there are security oversights?

I don't think it's an IT problem, that's only part of the problem. It's a communication problem. I don't think that communication problem didn't just start when Avant went live, it probably started months ago when the service was being transitioned.
22-03-2013, 11:33   #204
monthehoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel View Post
Rang them just after 8, was only on hold for 5 minutes, I explained that I cannot register on the website because I no longer have an actual credit card so although I have the card number there is no expiry date etc., they told me I will never be able to register on the website so

But on a brighter note they took my payment over the phone so no trip to the post office for me!
Their support page says they work 8am-8pm or is that wrong too?
Advertisement
22-03-2013, 12:17   #205
Galadriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by monthehoops View Post
Their support page says they work 8am-8pm or is that wrong too?
Well I rang them just after 8am this morning and couldn't believe I got through so quickly.
22-03-2013, 12:31   #206
AlmostQuick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostQuick View Post
Well, locked out now so I'll have to brace myself for phoning them...
I rang them just now and got through immediately. He unblocked my card and said the website problems should be sorted over the weekend. He recommended that I wait until Monday or Tuesday before I try again. I'm a bit more hopeful after speaking to them that everything will be fine once they get these glitches sorted out.
22-03-2013, 12:36   #207
mikkijan

Thanks for that update AlmostQuick, that's good to know. I'll wait until early next week before I try again.
22-03-2013, 12:39   #208
damian139

Its an 0818 number so costs money to ring, can't get through despite repeated attempts. On one occasion got through to a voicemail, which was full!
Similar lack of success online, ill try next week as suggested above, then I'm offski
22-03-2013, 13:10   #209
SteM

Tried to register my card this morning and it worked first time. Everything seems to be fine from here now.
22-03-2013, 13:12   #210
born 2 shop

All good to go hopefully

After much frustration yesterday and two wasted 20 minute phone calls on hold, of which I had to endure the same music over and over, my account seems to be working.
I can view everything. I transferred €500 into account from my Visa debit yesterday and it has shown as a credit on my avent card account today. I am interested to see if I can transfer another €500 shortly as I believe you are only allowed to transfer a max of €750 per month off each statement. This will mean going to the post office and the transfer will take longer. My payment due on the 2nd April so would need to get there on Monday, allowing for bank holiday etc. Hope this isn't the case as it may mean having to move card providers.
Thread Closed