operation transformation 2013 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-01-2013, 21:38   #1
Gee_G

operation transformation 2013

Sorry if this is already posted somewhere!

But it's Starting back next Tuesday night! I love it! I've decided to follow some of the leaders this year too (should be fun!)
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
06-01-2013, 11:16   #2
Apple tree

Operation transformation 2013

Anyone know of any groups I can join for operation transformation 2013. Drogheda, bettystown area?
08-01-2013, 21:06   #3
DenMan

Thanks OP. I really like the idea of splitting the show into two half hour episodes rather than a once off, one hour, once a week show. The very best of luck to all the participants (on screen and those off).
09-01-2013, 17:03   #4
foggy

I've been looking at the webpage on RTE.ie but there seems to be alot of problems with the links. The breakfast options and lunch options open up the shopping list for weeks 2 & 3. Is anyone else having that problem too?
09-01-2013, 17:47   #5
gubbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggy View Post
I've been looking at the webpage on RTE.ie but there seems to be alot of problems with the links. The breakfast options and lunch options open up the shopping list for weeks 2 & 3. Is anyone else having that problem too?
I went into Charlottes page. In her biography after one paragraph it suddenly changes to "Linda"

Maybe it was a bit rushed.
Advertisement
09-01-2013, 22:24   #6
hdowney

I think it was a bit rushed in places but hopefully they'l iron out the kinks. So peeved I wanted to sign up for the 5k already but registration doesn't open until the 22nd according to the website. I am hoping to best myself on last year. I did it walking in just under an hour which was a MAJOR achievement for me. I think I am going to follow Charlotte's exercise plan and see how I get on. I am only going to use some of Eva's recipes though as I don't often like them, and use some of the Hairy Bikers Hairy Dieters cookbook and probably my Biggest Loser one too.
09-01-2013, 22:26   #7
Gee_G

Yeah I couldn't download a lot of things off the website! Ah well, will try again tomorrow! Is there no app for OT?
09-01-2013, 22:31   #8
Howjoe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggy View Post
Lots of errors, date for walk seems wrong too. Maybe the crowd running the SUSI grants are in charge

ah I'm sure it's only a few teething problems.
Thanks from:
09-01-2013, 22:36   #9
Harry Angstrom

I really don't get this programme. Watching it for the past two nights, I reckon some of them need to see a therapist or a psychiatrist to deal with the problems they're encountering first.

I'll probably get shot for saying this but losing weight is not rocket science. Eat less and exercise more. They don't need Eva Orsmond shouting down the phone at them and they certainly don't need a camera crew following them around 24/7.
Advertisement
10-01-2013, 10:52   #10
hardCopy

The website is awful this year.

The recipes have no calorie counts on main meals

They don't say what brand or size of products to use (e.g. tortilla wraps, huge differences between brands).

The lunches do have calorie counts but they're way off, I presume the ingredients are for 4 portions but it doesn't say that. (e.g. 4 x wraps in a 200 calorie lunch???)

They have no meal plans up.

The shopping list doesn't have ingredients for the recipes that are up so far.
10-01-2013, 11:02   #11
spank_inferno
Closed Account

I would agree largely with what you are saying.
I enjoy this series, Its a motivation and I enjoy seeing the joy the participents eventually experience.

However, so far this series though seems to be quite "X factor-ish".

It feels like it is more about the leaders personal journey, instead being about weight loss. & health improvement.
The "experts" seemed to be harsher straight off the bat, Simon Cowell-esque.

The Nordic woman (name escapes me) appears to be mid-transition to ooompa-loompa status!

Though whoever does her makeup has the gun on the wrong setting.

(4) thanks from:
10-01-2013, 11:32   #12
Handsome Bob
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Angstrom View Post
I really don't get this programme. Watching it for the past two nights, I reckon some of them need to see a therapist or a psychiatrist to deal with the problems they're encountering first.

I'll probably get shot for saying this but losing weight is not rocket science. Eat less and exercise more. They don't need Eva Orsmond shouting down the phone at them and they certainly don't need a camera crew following them around 24/7.
They're associating all their problems with their weight though and probably not wrongly.

But yeah, I wouldn't fancy going down this route in my weight loss. That circle of truth thing, fair play to them and all, but I wouldn't want family, friends and most of all work colleagues knowing about such personal issues.
(2) thanks from:
10-01-2013, 11:56   #13
Howjoe1

The website is very sloppy with details. Hopefully they will sort it out.

Agree with most of the comments about the opening week of this year. Daily Mail meets TV3 meets X-Factor crass approach.

The use of personal issues and tears and the humiliation of leaders was a bit much. Losing weight is not gonna solve marriage break-ups etc.

And an on-going issue (from all years) I don't get is why can't the Leaders be weighed each week in T-shirts & track bottoms, instead of the public humiliation of warts and all

But I will continue to watch it for the support and encouragement to get me out walking and exercising and trying to eat healthier.
Thanks from:
10-01-2013, 23:44   #14
Bigus

If you use the online guide and put yourself in seriously underweight for your height , it will still guide you to lose the same percentage weight,
Ie 5' 10 weighing 106 kg drop to 95 over seven weeks or 7 ft tall gives same answer.

5' 10 weighing 30 kg drop to 27 kg. or now 4.7 stone drop to 4.25 stone for a nearly 6 foot man !
5' 10' man weighing 10 kg advised to drop to 9kg or 1.41 stone

Ridiculous and potentially dangerous
Thanks from:
11-01-2013, 21:27   #15
Quite contrary

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank_inferno View Post
I would agree largely with what you are saying.
I enjoy this series, Its a motivation and I enjoy seeing the joy the participents eventually experience.

However, so far this series though seems to be quite "X factor-ish".

It feels like it is more about the leaders personal journey, instead being about weight loss. & health improvement.
The "experts" seemed to be harsher straight off the bat, Simon Cowell-esque.

The Nordic woman (name escapes me) appears to be mid-transition to ooompa-loompa status!

Though whoever does her makeup has the gun on the wrong setting.

Was that the same woman, that did the walk at the end, and was second to pull out of the walk.Was making the most comical faces,trying to do the walk.

I think they should have picked some heavier leaders, that really needed it.I wouldnt class that other woman who 13st, as being hugely overweight for the show.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion