Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-12-2012, 11:24   #31
Alun

Just go to the link I gave, sign in with your Live ID, and then click on Feedback. The feedback thread is about 8th in the list entitled "NTL Analogue Dublin listings no longer updating".

There's no sign of MS even bothering to reply yet though.
Advertisement
11-12-2012, 11:24   #32
dynamize100

Quote:
Originally Posted by heston View Post
I noticed the same so at least I'm happy I'm not the only one.
I'm using the old Chorus, now UPC, analogue over the air system (special dish on the chimney). Had channels mapped from NTL Dublin.
I've tried all the irish channel mappings and none of them are working. So I suspect this is a problem with the general updating of the EPG. Hopefully MS and UPC will sort it out soon. If not then I'm not sure what to do. I've tried installing the guide helper program but I can't get it to work...
I am using a dish and free / sat and it was working beautifully last week, this week however the guide has stopped downloading. (Actually it probably started to go wrong before the day I noticed it.) The last day the guide has is the 06/12/2012.

Its really frustrating as when the system works it's awesome but when it fails like this...... All your recordings series link and all stop working
11-12-2012, 11:29   #33
dynamize100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alun View Post
Just go to the link I gave, sign in with your Live ID, and then click on Feedback. The feedback thread is about 8th in the list entitled "NTL Analogue Dublin listings no longer updating".

There's no sign of MS even bothering to reply yet though.
Cool.

I have added my 2 cents to that comment now. I hope we find a resolution.
11-12-2012, 11:31   #34
dynamize100

Quote:
Originally Posted by heston View Post
I noticed the same so at least I'm happy I'm not the only one.
I'm using the old Chorus, now UPC, analogue over the air system (special dish on the chimney). Had channels mapped from NTL Dublin.
I've tried all the irish channel mappings and none of them are working. So I suspect this is a problem with the general updating of the EPG. Hopefully MS and UPC will sort it out soon. If not then I'm not sure what to do. I've tried installing the guide helper program but I can't get it to work...
As I have said. I am having the problem with freesat so it's noting to do with NTL I am afraid.
11-12-2012, 12:24   #35
dynamize100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubt.It View Post

(I then used a free program called mcBackup to save the sorted-out setup. I can send this profile to anyone who wants to shortcut the process.)
Hi Doubt.IT,

I would love if you could send me on a copy of the profile. I will try to fix my guide listing tonight. I will document the process for fixing it and I will post a link to it tomorrow, (If I manage to fix the issue)

Thanks a million.
Advertisement
12-12-2012, 09:24   #36
mossym

for those of you who used the uk postcode method, are any of you using a DVB-T tuner to get the irish channels OTA, and if so is the epg for those still working after using the uk code?
12-12-2012, 10:05   #37
Alun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossym View Post
for those of you who used the uk postcode method, are any of you using a DVB-T tuner to get the irish channels OTA, and if so is the epg for those still working after using the uk code?
Yes, and yes. Both the over the air EPG and the MS EPG work fine, but to get the MS EPG you'll have to use Guide Editor to manually allocate the appropriate entry from one of the available lineups to the channel.
Thanks from:
12-12-2012, 19:01   #38
Libera

Any idea which type of tuner would work with UPC cable and if that would give EPG by tuning through the UK setup, as suggested? My confidence for a fix to this problem is not growing, so looking at alternatives - my current analogue tuner won't work on the UK tuning method.
12-12-2012, 23:00   #39
spooner_j

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libera View Post
Any idea which type of tuner would work with UPC cable and if that would give EPG by tuning through the UK setup, as suggested? My confidence for a fix to this problem is not growing, so looking at alternatives - my current analogue tuner won't work on the UK tuning method.
Use the link I sent in the previous page, my analogue tuner has listings for most of the channels again now by adding in a second guide listings source.
Advertisement
13-12-2012, 03:53   #40
Doubt.It

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmc View Post
I'd love that file if you could send it to me please?
Thanks
K
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamize100 View Post
Hi Doubt.IT,

I would love if you could send me on a copy of the profile. I will try to fix my guide listing tonight. I will document the process for fixing it and I will post a link to it tomorrow, (If I manage to fix the issue)

Thanks a million.
Sorry this took so long, I've had exams!

The saved selection of sorted-out channels can be download from here. You'll need to unzip it before use.

You install it by doing a restore with a free program called mcBackup. You can get it here. It seems to be only for Windows 7 sadly; I haven't tried it on any other version.

It should create a new category in the Windows Media Center EPG I've called "Best", which contains 35 channels:

Irish digital channels from Saorview, and from Freesat all the BBC channels, ITV1 to ITV4 including the +1 versions, Channel 4 and variants (More4 etc.), Channel 5 and variants (for what they're worth...), plus a few favourites of my own. All the EPG data is fully working. RTE2 and ITV1 are in their HD versions, but BBC HD isn't there because for some mysterious reason Windows Media Centre can't decode it for me.

Remember you first need to set up Media Centre to think it's in Northern Ireland and scan for satellite channels, so find or make up a NI postcode.

Obviously, I can't guarantee this will work with your set-up! But it could save you a couple of hours' work if it does.
13-12-2012, 10:23   #41
coolaboola

Hi folks,

Anyone making any more progress with this problem? I've tried some of the fixes suggested above but without success.

I set the region to UK and put in a Belfast postcode... still lots of 'no data available'... There was some improvement though - the categories list was back (Movies, Sport, etc) But with so much missing data the categories are mostly empty.

I tried the Canadian fix but came unstuck with the XTML file where when you run it as an administrator there are only US/Canadian options ... where did I go wrong?

c
13-12-2012, 11:06   #42
Libera

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooner_j View Post
Use the link I sent in the previous page, my analogue tuner has listings for most of the channels again now by adding in a second guide listings source.
Thanks, I did look at that the other day when posted but I'm not on Win7...XP and Vista, which worked perfectly fine for my needs until the EPG vanished!
14-12-2012, 19:11   #43
spooner_j

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolaboola View Post
I tried the Canadian fix but came unstuck with the XTML file where when you run it as an administrator there are only US/Canadian options ... where did I go wrong?

c
Open CustomGuide.mxf and replace everywhere you see 189833220 with 400000. Do the same with ImportATSCCustom.xml. Once you have done that, run the USGuide.bat file and then select option 7. Once that completes, load up Media Center, then edit the listings source and you should be able to see all the UK channels.
17-12-2012, 11:27   #44
McAlban

Been bogged down with Christmas exams and went to recorded TV last night for a catch up, just to find nothing has recorded. Then saw this issue. I still get the Saorview stuff. But I only really record of RTE2 HD on that. All the NTL Digital listings are gone.
18-12-2012, 14:24   #45
FrankGrimes

I'm using Saorview for Irish channels and Freeview via satellite for UK channels. What's the best way to go about getting the channel listings for the UK channels (Irish ones working fine) - do I need to do the more complex editing outlined above, or should changing the postcode to the Belfast one help? All my UK channels have none or very little guide data at the moment.

I installed MCE Guide but amn't too sure how to use it. I clicked BBC1 in the left pane, selected NTL Digital in the right-hand pane and subscribed to BBC1 in that list but there was no change. Should I just try that but with a UK listing?

I've lost a lot of time trying to get this sorted in the past so would really appreciate if anyone has an overview of the most successful steps to follow. Using Windows 8 by the way in case there's any difference to Windows 7.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion