Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-10-2012, 20:11   #61
shoos

A guy came up to me on the street before in Dublin and asked me if I wanted to buy Crystal Meth.

I wouldn't have believed he actually had it had I not noticed his teeth. They were almost non-existent, and what was left was rotted to the core and your teeth are one of the first thing crystal meth destroys. Only a young lad too... well I'm assuming, he actually looked about 40 but wouldn't say he was older than 25.

In USA, they don't really have inbetween drugs as much as we do in Europe - MDMA for example. They're kinda stuck with either smoking weed or going to much more of an extreme like Crystal Meth. When I was living in America most people I met there (early 20s) had all taken it at some stage - it's like their version of pills except way, way, way, way, way worse for ya.

Thank god for ecstasy, ay.

Another example of how Meth ****s your face, this girl was on America's Next Top Model a few years ago. Second photo is from her recent appearance on Dr. Phil:

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17yv...g/original.jpg
Advertisement
19-10-2012, 20:13   #62
Brain Stroking
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Bag View Post
I watched the first season and a half of Breaking Bad, I thought it was utter shyte. I seem to be the minority though.............
It actually really takes off from mid-second season. Slow burner too imo for the first series. Truly brilliant from then on.
19-10-2012, 20:14   #63
ardinn

19-10-2012, 20:16   #64
Emeraldy Pebbles
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoos View Post
Another example of how Meth ****s your face, this girl was on America's Next Top Model a few years ago. Second photo is from her recent appearance on Dr. Phil:

Jesus! I remember her! Actually, during the show, she lost a friend to an overdose.

And it's actually embarrassing how much I know about ANTM.
Thanks from:
19-10-2012, 20:19   #65
flutterflye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Stroking View Post
It actually really takes off from mid-second season. Slow burner too imo for the first series. Truly brilliant from then on.
Eh no - just brilliant from start to finish!
The last episode of season 4 was !
Thanks from:
Advertisement
19-10-2012, 20:21   #66
Brain Stroking
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldy Pebbles View Post

And it's actually embarrassing how much I know about ANTM.
Keep telling strangers about it. I find that helps
19-10-2012, 20:26   #67
Emeraldy Pebbles
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Stroking View Post
Keep telling strangers about it. I find that helps
Oooh, burn! You're so badass.
19-10-2012, 20:35   #68
ScumLord

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetX View Post
Maybe that's why it never came here... Ireland has no border with a poorer/ more chaotic country.
Ireland is actually supposed to be a big hub for drug transport, we have hundreds of miles of unguarded coastline where people bring in the drugs and them move them into the rest of Europe. Have a read of Howard Marks book Mr Nice. The drugs don't get in like that anymore but it shows Irelands beena hub even before drug use became popular with Irish people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zascar View Post
The reason Meth has not caught on in Ireland is fairly simple. It's an Upper, and when it comes to drugs, Irish people prefer downers like Alcohol and Heroin
MDMA is the big drug, Weed is probably the most widely used but MDMA is the party drug in Ireland used by the most people. Well that and alcohol. Heroin is a fairly niche scene most people don't try it recreationally and for the most part it's restricted to down and outs. I've never once been offer heroin by a dealer or even known a dealer that sells it.
19-10-2012, 20:35   #69
mattjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoos View Post
A guy came up to me on the street before in Dublin and asked me if I wanted to buy Crystal Meth.

I wouldn't have believed he actually had it had I not noticed his teeth. They were almost non-existent, and what was left was rotted to the core and your teeth are one of the first thing crystal meth destroys. Only a young lad too... well I'm assuming, he actually looked about 40 but wouldn't say he was older than 25.

In USA, they don't really have inbetween drugs as much as we do in Europe - MDMA for example. They're kinda stuck with either smoking weed or going to much more of an extreme like Crystal Meth. When I was living in America most people I met there (early 20s) had all taken it at some stage - it's like their version of pills except way, way, way, way, way worse for ya.

Thank god for ecstasy, ay.

How did you know the crystal meth destroyed his teeth .?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
19-10-2012, 20:38   #70
Andy-Pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjack View Post
It's a known side affect. Mixture of the chemical's and the fact user's become lethargic and dont brush their teeth.
19-10-2012, 20:41   #71
mattjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy-Pandy View Post
It's a known side affect. Mixture of the chemical's and the fact user's become lethargic and dont brush their teeth.
I know that , I'm curious as to how he knew the crystal meth destroyed his teeth.
Heroin,cocaine and ecstasy all affect teeth as well either through dry mouth,cravings for sugary products ,grinding alongside general lack of dental care.
(2) thanks from:
19-10-2012, 20:42   #72
Laika1986

Lived there around then myself. My fondest memory would be waiting for a bus when a crackhead pulled down his trousers, bent over a shopping trolley and quite vocally offered for us to "**** him in the ass". Value for money though
Thanks from:
19-10-2012, 20:43   #73
shoos

Quote:
It's one of the big tell tale signs, they call it "meth mouth".

Partly due to the ingredients and method of use, like it's incredibly acidic absolutely full to the brim of chemicals and often they'll rub in into their gums as they're taking it in a different form too. Just to get that quicker high.
19-10-2012, 20:44   #74
Andy-Pandy

Quote:
I know that , I'm curious as to how he knew the crystal meth destroyed his teeth.
Heroin,cocaine and ecstasy all affect teeth as well either through dry mouth,cravings for sugary products ,grinding alongside general lack of dental care.
Might be the fact he offered him meth then.
Thanks from:
19-10-2012, 20:44   #75
kingtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet Hero View Post
that is coming also. they are all coming, like scopolamine too. ireland will be a drugs hell soon
i think you missed your calling as a daily mail journo
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion