Blogger meets his Troll - Page 19 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-09-2012, 02:06   #271
say_who_now?
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
Well the thing is by being associated with a quality brand like Evert Bopp, he has nothing to worry about. Evert is the kind of chap with a rock solid background in....oh **** (google search results expurgated).
Let me help you with that Robbo-

Everett Bopp Self Promotion.

What Everett REALLY got up to in Haiti. (Link to article on the bottom of the page!

What the Press Ombudsman had to say about what Everett really got up to in Haiti.

At least he's not the IT genius Leo refers to in his blog, because this guy clearly couldn't find his way out the front door, let alone "track a troll"!
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
29-09-2012, 02:18   #272
Zab

Quote:
Originally Posted by say_who_now? View Post
What Everett REALLY got up to in Haiti. (Link to article on the bottom of the page!
Yeah, I was just reading that article. Amusing.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/7344/haiticonnect.png
Thanks from:
29-09-2012, 05:26   #273
TrulyCrazyLady

More on the Secret Life of Leo Traynor.

It seems he also claims to have been an A&E Nurse.

Is there anything this guy can't do?

http://topsy.com/s?q=%40leotraynor+b...s+a+no+brainer
29-09-2012, 05:44   #274
TrulyCrazyLady

Also, Dr. Leo Traynor wasn't alway so forgiving and kind. Here are some interesting quotes:

"I see the Lockerbie bomber Megrahi's finally dead. Good. A great pity the scumbag didn't die in jail. I hope the animal suffered."
http://topsy.com/s?q=%40leotraynor+lockerbie

If you're angry about the church or banks or politicians - don't calm down. Calmness is overrated. Stay angry & push for change
http://topsy.com/s?q=%40leotraynor+calmness

Jesus H Christ. This Tuffy person is a frigging skidmark on the underpants of politics #vinb
http://topsy.com/s?q=%40leotraynor+tuffy

Talking ****e
http://topsy.com/s?q=%40leotraynor+****e

And interestingly enough:

"You can't make up anything anymore. The world itself is a satire. All you can do is record it." ~ Arthur Buchwald
http://topsy.com/s?q=%40leotraynor+buchwald

My bet, Leo Traynor is the alter ego of a fiction writer doing character research or a journalist who's gone over the edge.
29-09-2012, 09:36   #275
Aidric

When I read this story for the first time it just didn't sit right. Subsequent reads haven't altered my opinion. It reads like something from a failed creative writing student.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
29-09-2012, 15:16   #276
Psychedelic

Good blog post here: http://www.resistradio.com/news/ques...-hate-campaign
29-09-2012, 21:03   #277
Linoge

Send a message via MSN to Linoge
Now he should bring the gardai to task for ignoring a death threat against him. He's got the publicity - how about preventing the same situation happening to someone else by shaming the gards? Maybe even result in disciplinary action for the gards involved. Fck, he could get a good few more blog stories out of it too!

That is unless there was never any gards involved to begin with......
29-09-2012, 21:21   #278
Thargor

If its not bullcrap, isnt he basically naming the kid to everyone in the local community? How many parents of 15-16 year olds could he know?
30-09-2012, 12:20   #279
Green Diesel

Obvious troll is obvious
Advertisement
30-09-2012, 12:24   #280
dr.bollocko

MOD:

Troll banned. His nonsensical rantings have also been deleted.

Lets move on from that now please.
(3) thanks from:
30-09-2012, 12:55   #281
Zaph
Commander of The Internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.bollocko View Post
MOD:

I've just permabanned him, if he re-appears please let me know.
01-10-2012, 02:03   #282
stmol32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaph View Post
Why don't you just give us his IP address and we can all go round to his house and forgive him.
01-10-2012, 02:05   #283
Frada

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.bollocko View Post
MOD:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaph View Post
Good work, guys!

Thanks from:
01-10-2012, 02:20   #284
areyawell
Banned

Seriously this article is complete and utter bull and its actually the person who wrote the article is trolling. I come from an IT background. No one can trace an IP address from a twitter comment unless they work for twitter and even then only a small minority who work for twitter have access to that information. If he was receiving racist and threatening remarks on twitter the guards are able to file a report and pass it on to there computer forensic team who will fill out a report and contact twitter for the IP information. Twitter wont release the IP address directly to the person who received the abuse, only to the gaurds who can than proceed to track down that person. If the IP address is located outside the country there generally will be no prosecution against the person, maybe if the person was in the UK . The person who wrote the blog is just a complete and utter troll. Guards are so uneducated in this country that if something like this happened to you, better off contacting there main headquarters and speak with one of there IT/Forensic team
01-10-2012, 02:28   #285
Zab

Quote:
Originally Posted by areyawell View Post
Seriously this article is complete and utter bull and its actually the person who wrote the article is trolling. I come from an IT background. No one can trace an IP address from a twitter comment unless they work for twitter and even then only a small minority who work for twitter have access to that information. If he was receiving racist and threatening remarks on twitter the guards are able to file a report and pass it on to there computer forensic team who will fill out a report and contact twitter for the IP information. Twitter wont release the IP address directly to the person who received the abuse, only to the gaurds who can than proceed to track down that person. If the IP address is located outside the country there generally will be no prosecution against the person, maybe if the person was in the UK . The person who wrote the blog is just a complete and utter troll. Guards are so uneducated in this country that if something like this happened to you, better off contacting there main headquarters and speak with one of there IT/Forensic team
You have a lot of what Leo has said wrong. The IP did not come from twitter. The troll was lured to a private blog and his IP address was logged when he posted. How he went from IP to troll is less clear, reasons given by Leo and others include IP geolocation, research on what the IP has been logged doing at various sites on the internet and directly analysing what Leo's computer knew about his friends' IPs. Leo has not made any satisfactory statement on the issue.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion