Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

The Island - Volunteers Required, Wed 3rd Oct

• 20-09-2012 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭

The Island have offered me a 8.20am complimentary tee time for four on Wed 3rd Oct - so looking for volunteers.

No need for me to tell you how good this place is: Here are some photos.

Conditions:
    Must be available to play and be at the course on time. I'd suggest getting there at least 30 minutes beforehand.

I'm looking for golfers who have not had the privilege of playing the venue before.

Must be prepared to spend half an hour in the bar afterwards!

If you can make the tee time for sure, then reply to this Thread and names will be picked, 1pm Friday September 28th.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Oilbeefhooked!

The Island have offered me a 8.20am complimentary tee time for four on Wed 3rd Oct - so looking for volunteers.

Conditions:
    Must be available to play and be at the course on time. I'd suggest getting there at least 30 minutes beforehand.

I'm looking for golfers who have not had the privilege of playing the venue before.

If you can make the tee time for sure, then reply to this Thread and names will be picked, 1pm Friday September 28th.

Always wanted to play that course,count me in please!!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭thewobbler

Conditions:

Put me in the hat thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Another very generous offer. Put my name in please, have never had the pleasure

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gman127

I'd like to stick my name in. Off that week so would be great! Darren Gunning, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Played it once 10 years ago and have very little recollection of it, it was before i fell in love with links golf, i would love the chance to play it if possible.
    Mike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Count me in please, have never played the course before as generally only play away courses during open days or scratch cups and have never seen a suitable one on offer in The Island. Supposed to be a great track so would love the opportunity to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Fast becoming one my favourite links course, would love to put my name down but alas i have played it many times. Good luck to whoever gets the nod you will have a blast. Bring a spare pair of pants for the 14th, fairway is only a few yards wide.

I picked out a nice 3D view from our model we did from them to whet your appetite.

Kudos on the all the free rounds Kevin :)

The_Island_Course_View.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭lettuce97

Would love to be counted in Kevin - and if I don't win I'll be jealously looking out my office window at the course on Wednesday week!

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

Put me on the list please Kevin. I have this as one of the things to do before I die!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭kk2012

Hi kevin, thanks for the opportunity to be picked also, never played it. id def play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Callaway05

Would love the chance to play, stick my name in the hat please...

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭AldilaMan

I'd love to Kevin. Count me in please.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭brianrcarney

put me in kevin pls... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Dtoffee

Pics look great ........ Its a long long time since I was out that early but its an opportunity not to be missed, so put me in the hat please. Tks.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Fully Established

Would love to play it looks a great course please count me in .Also smartphone equipped .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

A warning - the last time I was out there (a month or two now) the rough was incredibly thick, far moreso than in the past. Bring a lot of golfballs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DULLAHAN2

Put my name in the hat. Would love to play that golf course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

Hi Kevin, I'd love to be considered, count me in. Never played there and would love the opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,600 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Great photo Golfgraffix.

The best on the east coast so far for me. Have a great round lads. I had a 92 first time. Keep your eye on the ball when it hits rough. Hit an iron when you see an iron shot, don't take risks.

can't wait to play again. So many great holes, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 to start. The blind is not for all. Best of luck lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭JD Dublin

Never played there, so I would like to add my name to the list for the draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭The Aul Switcharoo

Put my name on the list please!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭golfnut1

Count me in Kevin. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

Oh count me in this one

And I don't mind spending 2 hours in the bar afterwards if they helps *hic*

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭The_Architect

Fast becoming one my favourite links course, would love to put my name down but alas i have played it many times. Good luck to whoever gets the nod you will have a blast. Bring a spare pair of pants for the 14th, fairway is only a few yards wide.

I picked out a nice 3D view from our model we did from them to whet your appetite.

Kudos on the all the free rounds Kevin :)

The_Island_Course_View.jpg

Lovely modelling... You've even got the new par-3 in... Make sure you play all 19 if you can Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Put my name in the too, please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

Count me in please Kevin.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,600 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Lovely modelling... You've even got the new par-3 in... Make sure you play all 19 if you can Kevin

Lovely hole that small par 3. Near 4 ?

Looking at map, only holes that are average are 10 and 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭thinks too much

put my name in the hat too please...

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭thoscon

Count me in please Kevin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭padzer

Kevin,

Stick my name in the hat please.

Cheers,
    Padz

Advertisement