Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pet Factory 25% off & free delivery

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

paddy147 wrote: »
    My girlfriend just bought a giant bag/haybale size bag of sawdust for 6 euro 50 cents in The Corn Store in St Margrets.

Same bag is 14 euro in PetStop.

No pics of the sawdust Paddy?

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Pj! wrote: »

That can be arranged.;):D

Here we are.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Here we are.:D

Haha. Good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Pj! wrote: »

Think he wanted a pic of the girlfriend lying on the sawdust bale ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

that is brilliant for the sawdust , can they deliver, i use alot of that

Think he wanted a pic of the girlfriend lying on the sawdust bale ;)

Theres a pic or 2 of her working away....floating around on boards.ie...............(none involve sawdust bales though)

You just got to search for them.;)

whelan1 wrote: »
    that is brilliant for the sawdust , can they deliver, i use alot of that

I dont know??.....( I dont think so)

http://cornshopdublin.com/

They have a shop in St Margarets and also in Bluebell Industrial Esate.....both in Dublin.

We find the chap in St Margarets very friendly and very helpfull too.

You go in,ask for what ever you want,you pay the money,chap brings the stuff to your car,has a quick chat with you and wishes you a good day.

A nice way to do business.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Anybody got any recent discount codes for the petfactory please?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

juneg wrote: »
    Anybody got any recent discount codes for the petfactory please?

Most recent one expired on Jan 4th. That was Xmas10 iirc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭amdaley28

On December 5th 2012 I ordered a 10Kg bag of Royal Canin cat food from this Pet Factory who are a 100% Irish owned and based in Kinsealy, Co Dublin. At least that’s what it says on their web site.
    I had always ordered from another company whose items come from either the UK or Europe even though they have an Irish web site but I decided I would give an Irish company a chance & try & keep the money at home.
    When after a week nothing arrived I rang their order hot line & got an answering machine.
    Mark of Pet Factory rang back to say they were having some supply difficulties as they were just starting up & to make it up to me I would get a money off voucher for my next order.
    Another week & still nothing so I sent him an email. He replied that he was very sorry for the delay & my order would now be free of charge to make up for the delay. He also said that my order was being collected by the courier on the Friday 23rd but wouldn’t be delivered until the following week because of the Christmas holidays.
    When by January 5th & nothing had arrived I got on to PayPal & raised a dispute with them. Pet Factory then had 10 days to reply to the e mail I sent through PayPal before my dispute would be elevated to a claim. Neither Mark nor anyone from Pet Factory replied to PayPal so they investigated & awarded the return of my money which I received in my account this morning.
    I have no problem with unavoidable delays especially when a company is just starting up but I don’t like people who deliberately lie to me.
    This is the second time recently that I have given an Irish company a chance rather that someone in the UK or Europe. On both occasions I have been let down.
    So if you are going to deal with Pet factory I urge you to use caution & if ordering online from anywhere use your credit card or better still PayPal. With PayPal your card details are never given out. If you shop this way at least you have a chance of getting your money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

I called it on the 26.08.2012

OU812 wrote: »
    I called it on the 26.08.2012

Wish I had seen your post before I bought from them.
    When it went sour I wasn't really worried as I had paid with PayPal.
    It was just the inconvenience of it all.
    I should have stuck with the company I usually use. I just wanted to give an Irish company a shot.

I don't get it from him/them.

They're an online company. You'd think they realise the importance of communication. Every screw up they make is going to be posted online somewhere so in some ways tey have to work even harder to be successful.

You'd think he would have learned from his previous experience in DVDs (is that even still going?)

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭grudgebringer

amdaley28 wrote: »
    On December 5th 2012 I ordered a 10Kg bag of Royal Canin cat food from this Pet Factory who are a 100% Irish owned and based in Kinsealy, Co Dublin. At least that’s what it says on their web site.
    I had always ordered from another company whose items come from either the UK or Europe even though they have an Irish web site but I decided I would give an Irish company a chance & try & keep the money at home.
    When after a week nothing arrived I rang their order hot line & got an answering machine.
    Mark of Pet Factory rang back to say they were having some supply difficulties as they were just starting up & to make it up to me I would get a money off voucher for my next order.
    Another week & still nothing so I sent him an email. He replied that he was very sorry for the delay & my order would now be free of charge to make up for the delay. He also said that my order was being collected by the courier on the Friday 23rd but wouldn’t be delivered until the following week because of the Christmas holidays.
    When by January 5th & nothing had arrived I got on to PayPal & raised a dispute with them. Pet Factory then had 10 days to reply to the e mail I sent through PayPal before my dispute would be elevated to a claim. Neither Mark nor anyone from Pet Factory replied to PayPal so they investigated & awarded the return of my money which I received in my account this morning.
    I have no problem with unavoidable delays especially when a company is just starting up but I don’t like people who deliberately lie to me.
    This is the second time recently that I have given an Irish company a chance rather that someone in the UK or Europe. On both occasions I have been let down.
    So if you are going to deal with Pet factory I urge you to use caution & if ordering online from anywhere use your credit card or better still PayPal. With PayPal your card details are never given out. If you shop this way at least you have a chance of getting your money back.

I had pretty much the same experience with this crowd. Slow and unreliable IMO. Will never buy from again even with a 25% discount.

I would recommend The Pet Food Depot on the Belgard Road, went in there yesterday to check, they currently have a special offer on large bags of Royal Canin (8-10kg bags) all @ 35.99 which is an excellent price for this. Going on until end of February.

I had pretty much the same experience with this crowd. Slow and unreliable IMO. Will never buy from again even with a 25% discount.

I would recommend The Pet Food Depot on the Belgard Road, went in there yesterday to check, they currently have a special offer on large bags of Royal Canin (8-10kg bags) all @ 35.99 which is an excellent price for this. Going on until end of February.

The problem is where I live there is no way to get 10kg bags of anything except potatoes or turf :D so I have to shop online for virtually everything.
    I have always used Zooplus & never had a problem. Zooplus have an Irish website but all the stuff comes from the UK or Europe.
    Just this time I tried to give an Irish company a shot. Won't be doing it again.:mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Just this time I tried to give an Irish company a shot. Won't be doing it again.:mad:

Don't let one bad experience ruin it. Plenty of people got orders ok so you might been unlucky, and there is always other Irish options.

Have used these and no issues: http://www.petworlddirect.ie/

Delivered in 3 days

The problem is where I live there is no way to get 10kg bags of anything except potatoes or turf :D so I have to shop online for virtually everything.
    I have always used Zooplus & never had a problem. Zooplus have an Irish website but all the stuff comes from the UK or Europe.

They only sell electrical products with 2 prong plugs on them.

Ive bought several Eheim external filters and pumps from them for my aquariams and they allways come from Germany with 2 prong plugs.

I chop them off and wire a 3 prong plug instead.

Davy wrote: »
    Don't let one bad experience ruin it. Plenty of people got orders ok so you might been unlucky, and there is always other Irish options.

Have used these and no issues: http://www.petworlddirect.ie/

Delivered in 3 days

I can understand & except delays. The problem was I spoke to the guy on the phone & he plain lied to me.:mad:
    I've tried Petworld direct but they don't have what I need.
    I've gone back to Zooplus. I've never had a problem with them.

They only sell electrical products with 2 prong plugs on them.

Ive bought several Eheim external filters and pumps from them for my aquariams and they allways come from Germany with 2 prong plugs.

I chop them off and wire a 3 prong plug instead.

That's what I do with two pin plugs as well.Its no problem.
    A couple of years ago I bought an external aquarium filter from an Irish company & that came with a two pin plug. They did however supply an adaptor into which the two pin plug fitted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 iceberg twice

bought a 10kg bag of petfood for €54 from the great Mark from petfactory.ie .
    After 2 weeks waiting he delivered 3.5kg with no invoice and after 3 months now no refund .
    He lied 2 times over the phone 3 times by email and the 3.5kg bag of food costs €38 on his site so no difference was provided by way of money or extra kgs of food.
    Keep away from this creep.
    Permanent TSB will be in touch Mark!

Try contacting him directly -@mannix11

bought a 10kg bag of petfood for €54 from the great Mark from petfactory.ie .
    After 2 weeks waiting he delivered 3.5kg with no invoice and after 3 months now no refund .
    He lied 2 times over the phone 3 times by email and the 3.5kg bag of food costs €38 on his site so no difference was provided by way of money or extra kgs of food.
    Keep away from this creep.
    Permanent TSB will be in touch Mark!

How did you pay for your order ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Just in case some are wondering how they ended up on the Pet Factory mailing list, it appears that if you ordered Christmas on Ice tickets, they shared your email address (even though I always tick the option not to share email address for third party marketing).

It is what it's.

How did you pay for your order ?

€54 for 10 kg cat food I paid, but the bag delivered was not what was ordered. This guy Mark delivered it but I did not take it at the door myself. When delivering he said we dont do 10 kg bags (cat Food) ( but he still has them on his site) and handed a 3.5 kg bag with no invoice stating costs . I looked the 3.5kg bag up on his site and it was listed at €38.

I have been buying the same stuff in Germany online delivered by DHL in 2 days ,yes 10kg for €56 for years so thats where my money will be going in future. Think your doing good spening money at home, think again.
    I ordered and paid for this

http://www.petfactory.ie/product_p/3182550737623.htm

He sent me this

http://www.petfactory.ie/SearchResults.asp?searching=Y&sort=1&search=Royal%20Canin%20Sterilised%20&show=10&page=1

OU812 wrote: »
    Try contacting him directly -@mannix11

No I contacted him through a psychic.
    Did you read my post?

Just giving you an option there poster. No need to be snippy.

The guy's a shyster. Look him up. Do searches on here for onlinedvdrentals.ie which he also owns.

He's got a blog here: http://markbeggs.org/category/about-me/ where he publishes his email.

oneweb wrote: »
    Just in case some are wondering how they ended up on the Pet Factory mailing list, it appears that if you ordered Christmas on Ice tickets, they shared your email address (even though I always tick the option not to share email address for third party marketing).

It seems that the website for his other business was designed by "Complete Web Solutions" who also designed the Xmas on Ice one. The pet factory site appears to have been designed elsewhere.

A company lookup on cashIQ.net shows that the two directors of complete web solutions are also shareholders in online dvd rentals (Mark Beggs is not a shareholder in CWS). There's also two court judgements against ODR.

If the above is true, that may be a breach of the DPA

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

I have had 3 deliveries from this place since before christmas. Ordering 2 bags of dog food twice and 3 bags another time (large 12kg bags)
    Each time I have used promo codes to get an extra discount off and free delivery.
    All my orders came without any hassle between 8 to 14 days.
    The two deliveries that took close to 14 days each, this mark chap rang me to apolagise and explain why there was a delay.
    I am not trying to take sides here, but just saying it as through my personal experience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Thread has turned into a bit of a witch-hunt tbh..

.. closed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement