Thank you for your recent email to Bord Gais Energy
I wish to advise you of our closing procedures. In order to close your Gas account, we require the following information at the time of vacating the property.
- Full name and gas account number to close
- If the Gas Account is for a tenant, please provide the full name and contact number for the landlord. If the landlord has not held an account with us at the property before, the landlord will have to contact us himself. A Tenant cannot legally sign another tenant to a Gas account.
- An agreed meter reading on the day you vacate this property
- A forwarding address for your final bill
- If another tenant wishes to take control of the Gas Account immediately, they can do so by contacting us directly, and provide their name, contact telephone number, up to date meter reading, and previous address.
Once the gas account closes, any security deposit paid will be refunded back to the gas account. A final bill will then be drafted, and posted to your forwarding address. The final bill will be paid for from the credit on the Gas Account, depending on bill value and previous balance. This invoice will show any remaining credit or debit. Any debt still remaining should be paid within 14 days. Any credit on the Gas Account must be specifically requested, as refunds are not processed automatically.
Please be advised that until we have been provided the information requested, your account will remain open in your name, and as such, you are liable for any gas consumed on the property and related charges.
If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1850 632 632.
Fiona O Sullivan
Customer Service Representative
Bord Gais Energy