If you could turn back the clock.... - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-08-2012, 19:56   #1
NoQuarter

If you could turn back the clock....

This time of year makes me reflect on my life all of the time because I see the little nippers getting offered all these fancy courses and heading off to college and it makes me realise how different my life could be had I just chosen a different route or a different course or had taken the time as a secondary school kid to take a step back and consider the future.

I've just qualified as a Barrister this year so there are some exciting times ahead and I've grown to love the law but sometimes I cant help wonder how on earth I got here! Why law!?? It was so long ago I cant really remember my reasoning.

IF I had the chance to go back to my leaving cert, I'd put in more work, go to a better school and apply for Physics with Astronomy & Space Science in UCD. I reckon that area would interest me and it looks like a great little course! Maybe even work toward becoming an astronaut! Would be a cool field anyways.

So AH'ers, if you could turn back the time what alternate route would you take in life? Solely work/education related I'm talking. I dont care if you wish you hadnt fingerbanged stacey from the block. Or if you are generally happy, is there even a "what if" in there somewhere?

Vent.

TL;DR - if you could turn back time, what road would you take? (No Robert Frost/Cher jokes please.)

EDIT - Come on folks, give us more that a 1 line answer, what do you do now and what would you rather be doing???

Last edited by NoQuarter; 20-08-2012 at 20:01.
Advertisement
20-08-2012, 19:58   #2
speedboatchase

Is the clock a metaphor??
20-08-2012, 19:59   #3
Hardonraging

The one where i didnt **** **** up ...
20-08-2012, 19:59   #4
El Guapo!

I'd avoid my current career like the fukn plague.
20-08-2012, 20:00   #5
Ziegfeldgirl27

I wished I stayed on in school and did something, anything! I am working in a post office now and i hate it. I wish I could o something I love. But I have too many bill to pay to give up work and go back to college.
Advertisement
20-08-2012, 20:00   #6
NoQuarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedboatchase View Post
Is the clock a metaphor??
It's a metaphor for your digital watch.
20-08-2012, 20:00   #7
ForeverYoung90

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoQuarter View Post
This time of year makes me reflect on my life all of the time because I see the little nippers getting offered all these fancy courses and heading off to college and it makes me realise how different my life could be had I just chosen a different route or a different course or had taken the time as a secondary school kid to take a step back and consider the future.

I've just qualified as a Barrister this year so there are some exciting times ahead and I've grown to love the law but sometimes I cant help wonder how on earth I got here! Why law!?? It was so long ago I cant really remember my reasoning.

IF I had the chance to go back to my leaving cert, I'd put in more work, go to a better school and apply for Physics with Astronomy & Space Science in UCD. I reckon that area would interest me and it looks like a great little course! Maybe even work toward becoming an astronaut! Would be a cool field anyways.

So AH'ers, if you could turn back the time what alternate route would you take in life? Solely work/education related I'm talking. I dont care if you wish you hadnt fingerbanged stacey from the block. Or if you are generally happy, is there even a "what if" in there somewhere?

Vent.

TL;DR - if you could turn back time, what road would you take? (No Robert Frost/Cher jokes please.)
Thinly veiled 'I got over 500 points in my leaving cert' thread.
20-08-2012, 20:00   #8
mikemac1

Quote:

I've just qualified as a Barrister this year
How much do you charge per case?

Do you prefer cash or blood?
20-08-2012, 20:01   #9
bluewolf
being awesome

no change
Advertisement
20-08-2012, 20:01   #10
AlmightyCushion

I'd turn it back 30 minutes, fecking missed coronation street.
Thanks from:
20-08-2012, 20:02   #11
NoQuarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverYoung90 View Post
Thinly veiled 'I got over 500 points in my leaving cert' thread.
Nowhere near it! I went the long route!
20-08-2012, 20:02   #12
bobin fudge
Closed Account

turn back time to 1987 whenI **** myself in class and got bullied that I had to leave a year later aged 16 with no quals

had to leave town as was known as ****tycunt

25 years later and if I go back home somone will still call me ****tycunt
20-08-2012, 20:03   #13
Cassidy28

"If i could find a way "
Thanks from:
20-08-2012, 20:03   #14
phasers

I'm still feckin confused about what I want to do :/

I've considered doing a load of courses until something sticks but I'm too poor fo that.

How do you grown ups know what you want to do with your life?
Thanks from:
20-08-2012, 20:04   #15
Casillas

Quote:

Vent.

EDIT - Come on folks, give us more that a 1 line answer, what do you do now and what would you rather be doing???
You did law, you're progressing in your career and you love your job - what's the problemo?!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion