Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-08-2012, 11:57   #1
Myrddin
Category Moderator

Multiple consoles/XBL

Hi chaps,

Is it possible to have one XBL profile used on more than one console. My son has his 360 here in my house, but he's soon getting another 360 for use elsewhere. Rather than setting up another XBL profile {& pay for another gold account} could he redeem his profile at whatever location he's in & keep his profile mobile? Is this viable?
Advertisement
06-08-2012, 16:27   #2
Meesared

Send a message via Skype™ to Meesared
Yep you can have your profile on as many consoles as you want, it will ask you to enter the password when you try to sign into it though
Thanks from:
06-08-2012, 16:33   #3
Myrddin
Category Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meesared View Post
Yep you can have your profile on as many consoles as you want, it will ask you to enter the password when you try to sign into it though
Cheers man. What about downloaded dlc etc that's tied to the account, does that have to be redownloaded each time the profile is redeemed at the different locations? Or is it a one off download at each location & then it just syncs each time?
06-08-2012, 17:01   #4
calex71

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNow View Post
Cheers man. What about downloaded dlc etc that's tied to the account, does that have to be redownloaded each time the profile is redeemed at the different locations? Or is it a one off download at each location & then it just syncs each time?
Just keep it on the memory stick along with your profile.

DLC - Playable on the console it was bought on by every one who signs in there

On another console the profile that owns it has to be signed in or the license needs to be transferred.
Thanks from:
06-08-2012, 17:03   #5
Meesared

Quote:
Originally Posted by calex71 View Post
Just keep it on the memory stick along with your profile.

DLC - Playable on the console it was bought on by every one who signs in there

On another console the profile that owns it has to be signed in or the license needs to be transferred.
yep this is pretty accurate
Thanks from:
Advertisement
06-08-2012, 17:18   #6
Myrddin
Category Moderator

Ok so if I transfer the profile & any dlc onto a usb stick, & let him bring that with his as he changes locations, give him the password to redeem & sign in...then he will be able to 'roam' & play everything he owns at both locations?

Sorry if I'm being a dumbie
06-08-2012, 23:02   #7
twotonewolftone

Quote:
Ok so if I transfer the profile & any dlc onto a usb stick, & let him bring that with his as he changes locations, give him the password to redeem & sign in...then he will be able to 'roam' & play everything he owns at both locations?

Sorry if I'm being a dumbie
yeah you can and even if you dont fit all the dlc on the usb stick he can download the dlc again off marketplace to another console.once you pay for dlc it will always allow you to download the dlc again if you need to
Thanks from:
15-08-2012, 17:00   #8
Myrddin
Category Moderator

Quick final question on this:

I've moved the two profiles onto usb, along with some dlc. I've then copied most of the savegames onto the cloud via cloud storage. Do I need to mess about with transferring licenses? Or will it be a case of once a profile is signed into on the other xbox, the license travels with the profile?
15-08-2012, 19:15   #9
Dcully

I was gonna post about this too
Sorry to butt in.
If i buy minecraft for my son on his xbox which is in his room can he also play it on the xbox we use as a dvd player in the living room after signing in using his account?
ALso can he come and go betwen the two consoles as hea pleases with minecraft or indeed any dlc or games from marketplace?

Last edited by Dcully; 15-08-2012 at 19:17.
Advertisement
15-08-2012, 20:42   #10
Meesared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcully View Post
I was gonna post about this too
Sorry to butt in.
If i buy minecraft for my son on his xbox which is in his room can he also play it on the xbox we use as a dvd player in the living room after signing in using his account?
ALso can he come and go betwen the two consoles as hea pleases with minecraft or indeed any dlc or games from marketplace?
He can yes
Thanks from:
15-08-2012, 23:27   #11
Myrddin
Category Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meesared View Post
He can yes
What about my question ...
16-08-2012, 06:33   #12
PhlegmyMoses

Quote:
Quick final question on this:

I've moved the two profiles onto usb, along with some dlc. I've then copied most of the savegames onto the cloud via cloud storage. Do I need to mess about with transferring licenses? Or will it be a case of once a profile is signed into on the other xbox, the license travels with the profile?
As long as the content is downloaded using the profile in question, you will not require a license transfer to play it on another console.

TBH, there isn't much of a point in carrying DLC around on a USB. You can download it throgh the download history.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion