My husband has a 1972 beetle for years now. It has always had fumes and petrol smells from it but now that we have 2 young children I am more concerned.
Are these fumes dangerous to his health?
When he gets out of the car he smells of petrol and when I travel in it I get a headache and feel nauseous. I obviously don't like the kids travelling in it either.
The car runs well and is regularly serviced. The fumes were always a part of it even when it had a expensive overhaul.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.