Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-07-2012, 14:10   #1
mike65
Closed Account

Clipboard going door to door with intent to break and enter

Reports in Cherrymount area, some fella in his twenties, neat ginger hair, slim build with a blue clipboard trying houses for size by knocking/ringing several times leaving returning doing it again and then taking a chance.

whoops can a mod merge this?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...6598825&page=2
Advertisement
04-07-2012, 14:42   #2
MitchKoobski

Send a message via AIM to MitchKoobski Send a message via MSN to MitchKoobski Send a message via Skype™ to MitchKoobski
I'll stick my hurleys next to the door for the next while so.
04-07-2012, 16:33   #3
kensutz

Send a message via Skype™ to kensutz
Called to our place in Cherrymount and if he does it again I'll be letting him know where to go.
04-07-2012, 18:24   #4
decies

Those nigerians can be trouble alright
05-07-2012, 06:08   #5
Potential-Monke

This is where neighbourhood watch should come in. Anyone who sees someone going door to door and doing more than knocking (ie: peering in), should report them immediately to the Gardai.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
05-07-2012, 12:53   #6
7upfree

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike65 View Post
Reports in Cherrymount area, some fella in his twenties, neat ginger hair, slim build with a blue clipboard trying houses for size by knocking/ringing several times leaving returning doing it again and then taking a chance.

whoops can a mod merge this?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...6598825&page=2
Same fella was collecting for a Cork charity in our area (Grange Road) last Friday week. Charity knew nothing about it. Ginger, buck teeth, around 5'10".
Reported it to the Guards.
05-07-2012, 15:50   #7
bradknowell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potential-Monke View Post
This is where neighbourhood watch should come in. Anyone who sees someone going door to door and doing more than knocking (ie: peering in), should report them immediately to the Gardai.
my next door neighbour leaves his downstairs window wide open some days. It be open for hours. Dunno what some people be thinking. Grand if someone is in there but they seem to be never there
05-07-2012, 16:48   #8
ex_infantry man
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradknowell View Post
my next door neighbour leaves his downstairs window wide open some days. It be open for hours. Dunno what some people be thinking. Grand if someone is in there but they seem to be never there
ya never know it may be a trap, he might be sat near the window with a shotgun of something
05-07-2012, 17:48   #9
bradknowell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex_infantry man View Post
ya never know it may be a trap, he might be sat near the window with a shotgun of something
Maybe thats it yeah haha. he is extremely quiet so maybe the quietness is covering up his homicidal tendencies.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
05-07-2012, 18:18   #10
Trotter
Closed Account

Similar guy knocking on doors on the Dunmore road. Had a blue clipboard with a sheet on saying it was for a sponsored cycle from Cork to Waterford to raise funds for a clinic for people with addiction issues.. Said it was called Victory Outreach..

Last edited by Trotter; 05-07-2012 at 18:39.
05-07-2012, 18:38   #11
Adyx

Send a message via Yahoo to Adyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotter View Post
Similar guy knocking on doors on the Dunmore road. Had a blue clipboard with a sheet on saying it was for a sponsored cycle from Cork to Waterford to raise funds for a clinic for people with addiction issues.. Said it was called Youth Outreach..
I'd say it was for addiction issues alright.
05-07-2012, 18:39   #12
Trotter
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adyx View Post
I'd say it was for addiction issues alright.
Sorry I got the name wrong.. Victory Outreach..
05-07-2012, 20:57   #13
jo06555

Shotguns at the ready folks !!!! :0 what happens when old people are afraid to open the door and these guys think no one is home and go breaking in????
Thanks from:
05-07-2012, 20:58   #14
christmas2012
Banned

i remember a guy with a blue van doing this in our area some years back ... scary
05-07-2012, 21:13   #15
Nuts102

Saw something myself yesterday maybe nothing but you would be thinking. Was walking around the sitting room and saw a dodgy looking guy get out of a car. He was just standing in the middle of the road in the pouring rain and looking at all houses up and down the street. He ran over knocked on a door across the road no answer started trying to look through the glass. Went in next door fella answered and at same time fella nextdoor opened up. He made brief conversation with the fella who opened the door and said nothing to the fella at the first house he knocked on. Jogged off into car and drove off. Maybe nothing but just looked dodgy.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion