Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-07-2012, 19:18   #76
batistuta9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB74 View Post
If punters mixed up the UEFA Golden Boot with Top Goalscorer then that's their problem, not the bookies

You have to know what you are betting on
right i'm happy enough to leave this golden boot/top scorer thing alone, as i'd think you and everyone else is too.

but something from your last sentence, is there any more bets like the golden boot/top scorer that people should be aware of if not familiar with betting/bokies rules etc. or like the one ArmaniJeanss gave about germany & gomez @ 16/1 & the like being rip offs.

I remember a manager in a shop one time saying you couldn't do a bet like that - e.g. double on germany & gomez FGS - and had to take the other odds offered but he was the manager & gambled a good bit too so maybe he just knew.
would the system take a bet like that if the cashier didn't know otherwise?
Advertisement
03-07-2012, 20:27   #77
kryogen

You can bet on a lot more markets these days then you ever could before, and combine more too.

But each bookie is different
05-07-2012, 13:59   #78
Lord TSC

Mod: Soccer
Quote:
Originally Posted by batistuta9 View Post
but something from your last sentence, is there any more bets like the golden boot/top scorer that people should be aware of if not familiar with betting/bokies rules etc. or like the one ArmaniJeanss gave about germany & gomez @ 16/1 & the like being rip offs.
One that caught me back when I started a few weeks back just before the CL finals, and I saw a few people caught out over during the knock out stages, is that there's a difference between "X Team to Qualify/Win" and "X Team to win in 90 minutes", the later seemingly more commonly picked by mistake.
05-07-2012, 15:54   #79
MrJoeSoap

Mod: Hockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamshadowclan View Post
One that caught me back when I started a few weeks back just before the CL finals, and I saw a few people caught out over during the knock out stages, is that there's a difference between "X Team to Qualify/Win" and "X Team to win in 90 minutes", the later seemingly more commonly picked by mistake.
You wouldn't believe half the stuff you hear in bookmakers support... It'd nearly warrant a thread of it's own.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion