Munster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II - Page 346 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
21-03-2013, 17:36   #5176
brinty
Registered User
 
brinty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,239
Hi all, so we know Leinster have had a lot of in/out goings this summer..
Apart from Conway is there anyone else on the way in
And who's on the way out..I heard Henry to Connacht and WdP is leaving but anyone else!!
And will there be retirements..and who will be on that list
brinty is offline  
Advertisement
21-03-2013, 22:59   #5177
ormond lad
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinty View Post
Hi all, so we know Leinster have had a lot of in/out goings this summer..
Apart from Conway is there anyone else on the way in
And who's on the way out..I heard Henry to Connacht and WdP is leaving but anyone else!!
And will there be retirements..and who will be on that list
Not sure on full contracts but hearing Rory Parata and Greg o Shea could be in the academy next season.

Saw this on twitter that Munster are trying to sell some land at Musgrave to help fund the redevelopment of the ground. Will be interesting if they actually do get to sell it
ormond lad is offline  
21-03-2013, 23:04   #5178
Eod100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by ormond lad View Post
Not sure on full contracts but hearing Rory Parata and Greg o Shea could be in the academy next season.

Saw this on twitter that Munster are trying to sell some land at Musgrave to help fund the redevelopment of the ground. Will be interesting if they actually do get to sell it
Says something about increasing the capacity to 9,300.Isn't it 9,251 at the moment?
Eod100 is offline  
21-03-2013, 23:06   #5179
CIARAN_BOYLE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eod100 View Post
Says something about increasing the capacity to 9,300.Isn't it 9,251 at the moment?
but that includes a development of temporary stands. This would be permanent.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/r...ns-145691.html
CIARAN_BOYLE is online now  
21-03-2013, 23:09   #5180
Eod100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIARAN_BOYLE View Post
but that includes a development of temporary stands. This would be permanent.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/r...ns-145691.html
Ah gotcha. Wonder would it lead to more Rabos being played in Cork? Probably not yeah?
Eod100 is offline  
Advertisement
21-03-2013, 23:13   #5181
CIARAN_BOYLE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eod100 View Post
Ah gotcha. Wonder would it lead to more Rabos being played in Cork? Probably not yeah?
I doubt to be honest. Anyway Munster are locked in to a certain number of games in thomond for the next while by the 10 year season tickets they sold during redevelopment so I doubt Cork can get many extra games.
CIARAN_BOYLE is online now  
22-03-2013, 12:12   #5182
athtrasna
Registered User
 
athtrasna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 5,416
http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/matchcen...p#.UUxKdBfIaM5

Cathal Sheridan, Ivan Dineen & James Cronin added to Munster Squad for Heineken Cup!

WTF is the story with Stander????????????????
athtrasna is offline  
Thanks from:
22-03-2013, 12:18   #5183
irishbucsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 17,316
Poor Stander has had such a tough season of rugby that they're letting him rest through the H Cup obviously!
irishbucsfan is online now  
(3) thanks from:
22-03-2013, 12:20   #5184
jamiedav2011
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbucsfan View Post
Poor Stander has had such a tough season of rugby that they're letting him rest through the H Cup obviously!
Haha excellent!
jamiedav2011 is offline  
Advertisement
22-03-2013, 12:20   #5185
No, you're a...
Registered User
 
No, you're a...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 132
Something is definitely amiss here. What's going on?
No, you're a... is offline  
22-03-2013, 12:27   #5186
jm08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbucsfan View Post
Poor Stander has had such a tough season of rugby that they're letting him rest through the H Cup obviously!
Munster could only add 3 players - with Earls out Munster needed a centre. And with Strings in Bath, needed another scrumhalf. Third position has to go to front row.

Stander wasn't needed as Munster have loads of backrows and Tommy O'Donnell has been a revelation this year.
jm08 is offline  
22-03-2013, 12:30   #5187
jm08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by No, you're a... View Post
Something is definitely amiss here. What's going on?
Coughlan was delisted when he got injured, but got fit quicker than expected so had to be relisted and so took a possible spot in January.

Think its just a lot of young guys all competing for a few places and Stander arrived late in the day and then got injured.
jm08 is offline  
22-03-2013, 12:35   #5188
athtrasna
Registered User
 
athtrasna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 5,416
The other note from the additions is that Bath have added Strings to their Amlin Squad. Good for him but bloody frustrating to think we played Williams over him for a lot of the season.
athtrasna is offline  
22-03-2013, 12:42   #5189
irishbucsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 17,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm08 View Post
Coughlan was delisted when he got injured, but got fit quicker than expected so had to be relisted and so took a possible spot in January.

Think its just a lot of young guys all competing for a few places and Stander arrived late in the day and then got injured.
And how do you think Stander feels about this?

The last thing they want is him getting fed up and becoming a Sykes.
irishbucsfan is online now  
22-03-2013, 12:46   #5190
LorcanN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 20
Very strange re Stander. Don't buy that he just didn't make the squad because we needed a centre etc. Must be some story behing this.
LorcanN is offline  
Thanks from:
Thread Closed

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search