Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jack 3d

• 26-06-2012 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Just looking for some advice on Jack 3d, a lad in the gym has been telling about it and how amazing it is.

I'm am very sceptical about the whole thing and to weather its safe to use or not?

Anyone ever use it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

I've taken it.. made me feel sick to be honest!

NO Xplode was always grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

iv taken it plenty a time in the past, it does work as all pwo's do if your caffeine tolerance isnt too high. Anyone who says these caffeine loaded pwo's dont work obviously have a high tolerance level more than likely caused by too much coffee, soda etc in their diet. The trick is too cycle these pwo's in order for them to remain effective.

the ingredient thats causing a bit of a fuss lately is 1,3 Dimethylamylamine (DMAA) a plant stimulant that increases your resting heart rate, blood flow etc. As far as i know It was recently banned in canada.

is it safe though? you be the judge , the majority will tell you yes but theres a few that argue it isn't mainly due to DMAA. Personally i make sure when i take a pwo which isnt very often that is doesn't contain DMAA. Last year there was a huge fuss over jack3d because 2 U.S soldiers died from basically taking too much of it, just google it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭SorGan

looks like jack3d will be banned quite soon, i wasnt overly impressed with it.
    taking craze at the moment, very impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

SorGan wrote: »
    looks like jack3d will be banned quite soon, i wasnt overly impressed with it.
    taking craze at the moment, very impressed.

Yeah heard its been band in Australia and Canada already...Why is it being band?

Yeah heard its been band in Australia and Canada already...Why is it being band?

because of 1,3 Dimethylamylamine (DMAA) and the overprotective fda:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Hey all,

Just looking for some advice on Jack 3d, a lad in the gym has been telling about it and how amazing it is.

I'm am very sceptical about the whole thing and to weather its safe to use or not?

Anyone ever use it?

They are safe, whether or not they work depends on what your mate was telling you.

As far as I can tell, its not banned in australia, at least not yet. Basing this on the tub I have sitting beside my bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

How are you getting on without it?

If you're meeting your goals as is, I'd leave it off.

As a general rule - use supplements/stimulants when you've plateaued and have no other options.

Red_Wake wrote: »
    How are you getting on without it?

If you're meeting your goals as is, I'd leave it off.

As a general rule - use supplements/stimulants when you've plateaued and have no other options.

Well at the moment I'm out of the gym with an injury:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Well at the moment I'm out of the gym with an injury:mad:

So you wouldn't get any benefit.;)

Red_Wake wrote: »
    So you wouldn't get any benefit.;)

Well not at the moment anyways:(

Hope to be back in training in 2 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Locust

Its a pre-workout - it gives you a real boost in the gym...

First time i took it was before a workout, as i left home, i didn't notice much until about 15-20mins later when i was walking into the gym --
    i was buzzing, it was like walking on air!

I noticed my adrenaline was clicking and buzzing, i was pumping out a lot more reps than i was normally able and was extremely focused and alert.

I think its basically like a barely legal - mild form of crack or some amphetamine!

A guy in Australia died from it when he took it at a house party for the laugh with a load of alcohol and God knows what else. Then theres the two US Soldiers who took and died - presumably from heart attacks... i am only taking it once in a while definitely not every workout. Definitely don't take if you have a weak heart etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dingle man

Any where to get it in ireland??

Dingle man wrote: »
    Any where to get it in ireland??

id skip it, formula is altered now and theres far better with less side effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

I've gone through two tubs of it. It worked for me but i don't think i'd use it again. Shortly after taking it, en route to the gym i would get a prickly feeling on my skin, mainly my face. It was quite uncomfortable. This would be gone by the time i got to the gym (20 min cycle) and then i was pumped and ready to go. It's pretty good when you;re not use to it. You'll want to throw the dumbells to the other side of the room! I can only train after work which means taking the stuff way too late in the day and not bein able to sleep after it.

Using Dorian Yates Nox Pump atm and find it much better for me. (no prickly felling and tend to crash after it a bit which helps me sleep better)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Flynn wrote: »
    I've gone through two tubs of it. It worked for me but i don't think i'd use it again. Shortly after taking it, en route to the gym i would get a prickly feeling on my skin, mainly my face. It was quite uncomfortable. This would be gone by the time i got to the gym (20 min cycle) and then i was pumped and ready to go. It's pretty good when you;re not use to it. You'll want to throw the dumbells to the other side of the room! I can only train after work which means taking the stuff way too late in the day and not bein able to sleep after it.

Using Dorian Yates Nox Pump atm and find it much better for me. (no prickly felling and tend to crash after it a bit which helps me sleep better)

The prickly feeling is due to the beta alaine but becareful on nox pump Iv experienced some very bad come downs.

Nox like jackd was re-introduced to the market without the dmaa.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

The prickly feeling is due to the beta alaine but becareful on nox pump Iv experienced some very bad come downs.

Nox like jackd was re-introduced to the market without the dmaa.

Cheers, no come downs so far and been using a few months. I do "crash" at night but it just feels like exhaustion, not depression. So far so good anyway. I'll try something new after this box runs out. Maybe Craze.

Advertisement