Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-06-2012, 13:50   #31
sheehy83

Haha even the horse exploded!
Advertisement
12-06-2012, 15:53   #32
J. Marston

Strangely enough, the only game where I went to the bother of finishing it completely was MGS4. I got every single emblem, I wasn't bothered that there was no trophies though. The Big Boss emblem run drove me to the brink of insanity though.
Thanks from:
13-06-2012, 10:30   #33
JohnMarston

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Marston View Post
Strangely enough, the only game where I went to the bother of finishing it completely was MGS4. I got every single emblem, I wasn't bothered that there was no trophies though. The Big Boss emblem run drove me to the brink of insanity though.
I hear ya Mr.Marston
13-06-2012, 11:40   #34
Potential-Monke

I like achievements/trophies, as long as they're not going to drive me crazy.
I've got a Platinum for inFamous 1 and nearly had it for inFamous 2 but i apparently didn't have the hard mode activated before starting a new game and didn't get the final trophy because i only selected Hard when it prompted me to... But i enjoyed getting them, as they were great games and didn't have an annoying trophy like "Finish the game on stupidly-hard mode", a little niggle i have like Calex above.

I also have all achievements in Lego Harry Potter (years 1-4) and Beyond Good and Evil HD, but again because i enjoyed going through them to get them all (unlike Lego Star Wars:TCS, grrrr....)

Then, some games, like NFS: Most Wanted gave you everything for just completing the game. And there should be no such thing as MP trohpies/achievements, they ruin MP and are put in to get more people to play online in the initial first few weeks to make the game appear better than it is/have better online than it has.

But they wouldn't stop me buying a game/not buying a game.
13-06-2012, 11:47   #35
Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
the only achievement I can remember caring about in recent years was deus ex HR pacifist achievement but because of some bug with the tranq darts on a particular mission I didn't get the achievement in the end. I dont care all that much because I finished the game without killing anybody (except those god damn bosses) and that's what I was trying to do.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
13-06-2012, 11:52   #36
BranDEAD

well nowadays nearly eevery game has them , but ti is a pain sometimes when u buy an older ish ps3 game and it has none, like the other day i got Rainbow 6 vegas 2 , and it had no trophies , thats why on xbox everysingle game has achevments to please everone
13-06-2012, 11:53   #37
Nickco

No I don't have this problem with achievments, I don't care for them that much. But I do know a friend that is the biggest trophy wh*re in the world, buys games just for trophies(even if the games crap) then trades them in
13-06-2012, 11:56   #38
johnny_ultimate
Production Model EVA-02

OMG got my first platinum last night. It was in Sly Cooper and was about as challenging as a mildly reluctant fart.
(4) thanks from:
13-06-2012, 11:56   #39
BranDEAD

Ahh king Kong on the 360 was alright i enjoyed it at the time but the achevments did help my GS
Advertisement
13-06-2012, 12:05   #40
maximoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
The one in Deus Ex: HR had one for completing the game fully stealth, called Foxiest of the Hounds with reference to Metal Gear Solid. I love stuff like that.
Lego Harry Potter had an achievement called "Solid Snape" for hiding in a barrel while you were playing as Professor Snape.

That gave me a good oul giggle

I like achievements. Can be fun earning them and a sense of eh, achievement, if you get a particularly difficult one. Don't take any sense of pride in gamerscore though or look down on people with low score or trophies, that's just sad.

Achievements/trophies should be SP based only though. The MP ones always create endless tools dicking about in online play.
(2) thanks from:
13-06-2012, 12:08   #41
BranDEAD

Yeah i hate idiots running around trying to mele kill ppl or camping just to get a bunch of MP trophies
Thanks from:
13-06-2012, 12:28   #42
JohnMarston

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximoose View Post
I like achievements. Can be fun earning them and a sense of eh, achievement, if you get a particularly difficult one. Don't take any sense of pride in gamerscore though or look down on people with low score or trophies, that's just sad.

Achievements/trophies should be SP based only though. The MP ones always create endless tools dicking about in online play.
My thoughts exactly. Especially with regard to the multiplayer. Or what they should do is make them so they do not affect your getting a platinum. Just have them as additional trophies.

Btw i must get my hands on some of the lego games, i've heard good things about them
13-06-2012, 12:52   #43
krudler

not arsed about them, wish I could turn them off for every game, I play the game for the story and gameplay not collecting sh1te like in the Assassins Creed games, its filler and nothing more.
13-06-2012, 13:06   #44
calex71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Digby Chicken Caesar View Post
the only achievement I can remember caring about in recent years was deus ex HR pacifist achievement but because of some bug with the tranq darts on a particular mission I didn't get the achievement in the end. I dont care all that much because I finished the game without killing anybody (except those god damn bosses) and that's what I was trying to do.
Same thing happened me
13-06-2012, 13:32   #45
maximoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMarston View Post
Btw i must get my hands on some of the lego games, i've heard good things about them
They are surprisingly fun, especially if you're a fan of Indiana/Star Wars/HP etc!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion