no power to oil burner - Page 3 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-06-2012, 18:32   #31
kend805

the humming noise is not coming from the burner but from the heating system.. it sounds louder when i stand beside the exhaust vent at the rear of the unit
Advertisement
06-06-2012, 20:58   #32
shane0007
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by kend805 View Post
the humming noise is not coming from the burner but from the heating system.. it sounds louder when i stand beside the exhaust vent at the rear of the unit
It's probably a priest you need so, lol!!!
06-06-2012, 23:30   #33
Scudges Da

Quote:
@jimmy... found the valve and it looks exactly like your pic in the other thread but mine wont lift up at all and i dont want to adjust it..i can still hear the fan running when power is on and i tried the other 2 reset buttons ie. the red one on the burner and the one at the thermostat which is in my hotpress.. maybe its time for a phonecall
Your Hi-Limit stat will not be located in your Hot Press this is more likely your cylinder stat.

The Hi-Limit stat is located on the boiler( as opposed to the Burner) itself, and is normally a Grey or Orange box with a dial and a small cover screw.

Like This....

http://media.diynot.com/127000_12668...0509_thumb.jpg

If you can locate it remove the small black cover and press the concealed button below.

If this doesn't work your best bet is make that call.....
06-06-2012, 23:50   #34
Billy Bunting

Quote:
Sorry but you are clearly lost with this problem and have no clue of even the simplest things on your system, i really would suggest you get your local oftec tech in to have a look rather than us start to explain how to open this and that and test for live cables, i really wouldnt like to see the priest have to call.
07-06-2012, 10:25   #35
DGOBS

+1 Billy

For us to guide you, you really do need to already have some basic knowledge
Advertisement
07-06-2012, 17:07   #36
kend805

found the boiler hi limit stat but there is no black covered screw only the dial.. and yes lad i have not got a clue about the system whatsoever but cheers for the help anyway.. will post the results when the priest calls ..

thanks
07-06-2012, 17:12   #37
meercat

is it like this
http://www.heating-parts.co.uk/Product.asp?Prd=236403
the black knob unscrews to reveal a button that needs to be pushed firmly in to reset

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion