Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-06-2012, 14:41   #1
Babybuff
Closed Account

Summer meet?

It's around that time, I didn't put in a poll as I figured it would be better to gauge the level of interest first and if there is any we can add one later. I also left the beers part out and not because I don't like beer but I think it would be nice to have options. B&C suggested a photowalk in another thread, think that would be a brilliant day out and there seems to be quite a few keen photographers around these parts so you can all teach me how to take a pic.
Anyone else want to throw out a few suggestions or maybe dates and locations and we can go from there?
Advertisement
01-06-2012, 18:36   #2
Joeytheparrot

Picnic maybe in July
01-06-2012, 19:36   #3
baby and crumble

I'd be up for something other than a night out in a pub tbh, and there have been lots of threads recently about people wanting to meet other lgbt folks outside of the pub environment, so something like a picnic or a photo walk in a nice environment would be great.
01-06-2012, 20:23   #4
Itzy
Cowboy Coder

Like your ideas. Maybe combine the two. Something in Stephens green or the Pheonix park with a few photos to be taken afterwards.
01-06-2012, 22:33   #5
ninty9er

Mini golf?? Bowling??
Advertisement
02-06-2012, 00:00   #6
baby and crumble

There's actually a new mini golf place in Dundrum I want to try, it looks pretty cool...
02-06-2012, 00:30   #7
Babybuff
Closed Account

I like the idea of combining too, would definitely be up for picnic in the park (I like feeding people ) and there's bound to be plenty of photo opportunities along the way. I quite fancy a bottle of wine with my picnic but drinking in public is an offence of some kind apparently so for anyone interested in going for drinks after I think that's probably an unspoken inevitability in my case (when I go to Dublin I usually make a night of it so I will be around for the evening I'd say) I think it's just easier to organise day time activities as it's all inclusive, some people might have work the next day or might have to make it home early and those who can or want to follow it up with a beer are welcome to come along too.

Last edited by Babybuff; 02-06-2012 at 00:45.
03-06-2012, 00:49   #8
Legend_Steph

Sounds like a good idea. If I'm free I might come along (if I may) Would be my first time to meet up with a LGBT group and I'd love to meet new people.
Thanks from:
04-06-2012, 00:59   #9
ItAintMeBabe

Hey everybody I'm new aroung here so nice to meet everybody!! Im in galway myself but I'd def travel up if I'm not working. I'm in the same boat as ledgend Steph, it'll be my first LGBT group meet up so really hope I can make it
Thanks from:
Advertisement
04-06-2012, 02:42   #10
Irish Aris

That would be great!!
I also live outside of Dublin (in Drogheda) but I commute often to Dublin, so that's no issue. . .the date might be though. . .
My June is rather busy (too many concerts, few events with work etc), but July is far more relaxed (just one concert and one theater), so if it happens in July, it's quite possible that I can make it.
But anyway, whenever it happens I will do my best to come!!!
Thanks from:
05-06-2012, 00:36   #11
ItAintMeBabe

Also meant to say, I think the photo walk is a fantastic idea What dates are we thinkin?????
05-06-2012, 17:44   #12
VeganStephen

A cool idea

Well done Babybuff on taking the initiative and suggesting a meet up. I think the Phoenix Park as a centre point is a great idea. There are plenty of things to do there too. After a walkabout in the Park there is the Visitors Centre we could go for a bite to eat , it has a great selection of teas and coffees, and food.

As for dates, I am easy, but I guess nailing a date is the best thing to do, to focus peoples minds, what about the last Saturday of this month?
Thanks from:
05-06-2012, 18:40   #13
Joeytheparrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganStephen View Post
Well done Babybuff on taking the initiative and suggesting a meet up. I think the Phoenix Park as a centre point is a great idea. There are plenty of things to do there too. After a walkabout in the Park there is the Visitors Centre we could go for a bite to eat , it has a great selection of teas and coffees, and food.

As for dates, I am easy, but I guess nailing a date is the best thing to do, to focus peoples minds, what about the last Saturday of this month?
The last Saturday of this month is Dublin Pride parade so I'm not so sure about that at all. Maybe 21st or 28th July might work - give people plenty of notice

Last edited by Joeytheparrot; 05-06-2012 at 18:44.
Thanks from:
05-06-2012, 19:41   #14
Babybuff
Closed Account

Haven't forgotten about the thread
I was thinking Pride is on at the end of the month so I don't mind waiting til July, as it is I'm not sure how long the little bit of work I have will last so money could be tight and this way it gives me a chance to put something away.
will leave the idea gather momentum for another while anyway.
Thanks from:
05-06-2012, 20:14   #15
VeganStephen

Little Miss Organiser, Babybuff!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size