2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming, hopefully streaming League of Legends, Starcraft 2, Tribes Ascend. Also AutoCAD inventor ( 3D CAD) and probably stress analysis (entering 4th Biomedical Engineering )
3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No
4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? Probably 2tb Green Caviar WD to use as bulk storage
5. Do you need a monitor? Yes
5a. If yes, what size do you need. Was looking around 22"
6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Keyboard and Mouse (though not essential)
7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Yes, probably
8. How can you pay? Bank Transfer
9. When are you purchasing? Sometime in June
10. If you need help building it, where are you based? No help needed. Built a PC before a few years back.
|Cooler Master Elite 430, ohne Netzteil||€39.26|
|Intel Core i5-2500K Box, LGA1155||€190.81|
|8GB-Kit Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz CL9||€43.98|
|Samsung SyncMaster S22A350H||€129.42|
|ASUS DRW-24B3ST Bulk SATA schwarz||€18.78|
|Sapphire HD6870 1G GDDR5 PCI-E DL-DVI-I+SL-DVI-D / HDMI / DP||€147.59|
|Samsung SSD 830 64GB SATA 6GB's Paper Box||€72.44|
|Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 550W||€52.40|
|MSI Z77A-G45, Intel Z77, ATX, DDR3||€122.39|
Hi guys, this is what I have so far. I was going to go with a cheaper motherboard but then realised I should probably future proof if Crossfire/SLI ever takes my fancy (other MOBO only had 1 3.0 PCI Express Slot).
In college so it needs to hold up to 3D drawing and rendering. Probably going to try to livestream a few games for my friends (25mb UPC internet in Galway) and play a few of the latest games. I'm not a huge graphics fag though so I can play games on lowered settings.
After this i'm probably going to save up for a razer lycosa/arctosa and a deathadder to finish it off.
I'm not adverse to overclocking but i'm pretty new to it. Tried a few things a few years ago but didn't want to destroy the family PC so stopped. (e7200, 8800gs nvidia[now a 6770ati when it fried after 3-4 years recently], 2gb ram, 330 elite case, 450W Corsair PSU, if anyone was interested). Also not running anything but stock cooler to save some money as OC is not essential atm.
Any thoughts on the build? Anywhere I could skim off a few euro or make worthwhile investments?
Serious thanks for finding hardwareversand btw. This site is amazing!