Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-05-2012, 23:14   #31
Bodacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpawl View Post
ya be very curious to see these calves myself!!! Any pics?
Not putting down on the aa X BB as you may have large canadian AA cows but would the calves not be lacking in height?
Advertisement
30-05-2012, 12:28   #32
blue5000

I have a few hereford x cows, v good on mothering, longeviety but the white head weanling is not a great seller in the mart.

There's a lad in Scotland crosses over and back between angus and hereford, Robert parker is his name. If you google robert parker+ Nuffield scholar you can find out more. I hear the guy in the north with stabiliser cattle bought bulling heifers off Robert Parker last year

Here I have mostly aa x cows.
30-05-2012, 12:39   #33
Angus4life

ill try and get fotos lads im not what u wud call great at this technical stuff. but these wudnt be show calfs but yano good weanlings u grade if ya get me
30-05-2012, 14:18   #34
kermit_the_dog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue5000 View Post
I have a few hereford x cows, v good on mothering, longeviety but the white head weanling is not a great seller in the mart.

There's a lad in Scotland crosses over and back between angus and hereford, Robert parker is his name. If you google robert parker+ Nuffield scholar you can find out more. I hear the guy in the north with stabiliser cattle bought bulling heifers off Robert Parker last year

Here I have mostly aa x cows.

have you ever crossed a limousin to an angus cow , i know someone who doesnt like pulling charolais , he puts a good limousin bull on angus + angus x limousin cows , he doesnt get as much for the limousin angus weanlings as the charolias producers but he isnt too far behind
30-05-2012, 15:36   #35
blue5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermit_the_dog View Post
have you ever crossed a limousin to an angus cow , i know someone who doesnt like pulling charolais , he puts a good limousin bull on angus + angus x limousin cows , he doesnt get as much for the limousin angus weanlings as the charolias producers but he isnt too far behind
I use a blonde bull on the majority of the angus cows, also an aubrac on the smaller first calvers and heifers.

Have a few lmxAA cows, they throw a nice calf with the blonde bull. Only one fr x lm and she gets angus for replacements.Picture of her here with this year's angus bull calf File Type: jpg DSC_1446.jpg

I stopped using limousin ai years ago after getting stuck to a wall by a limousin bull........

Last edited by blue5000; 30-05-2012 at 15:41. Reason: added link
Advertisement
30-05-2012, 15:46   #36
kermit_the_dog
Banned

Quote:
I use a blonde bull on the majority of the angus cows, also an aubrac on the smaller first calvers and heifers.

Have a few lmxAA cows, they throw a nice calf with the blonde bull. Only one fr x lm and she gets angus for replacements.Picture of her here with this year's angus bull calf File Type: jpg DSC_1446.jpg

I stopped using limousin ai years ago after getting stuck to a wall by a limousin bull........
blondes eh

are they easier calved than charolais , thought they were quite leggy and so not that mature for the weanling trade
30-05-2012, 16:43   #37
The Real Elmer Fudd

There is a fella in the north producing some seriously good cattle, mainly breeding with Belgium Blue and Limousin. However, he has crossed a few of the heavily muscled heifers back to angus and has some pictures of them on his website if anyone is interested. If you google Jalex herd you'll find the website or follow the link below

http://www.jalexherd.com/id-158
30-05-2012, 17:54   #38
vanderbadger
Closed Account

Quote:

dont think that pic came thru right blue? are the calves dark in color?
30-05-2012, 20:20   #39
Angus4life

Quote:

do u not get a brown colour on them had one heifer used a blonde bull on her threw a smashing calf but was brown gunna keep her and give her a different bulll and see what colour it comes

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion