[referendum] Why is Kenny refusing an honest debate? - Page 7 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-06-2012, 12:54   #91
tayto lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Waltzing Consumer View Post
Alright, well, if this is true, it sucks, so if you can kindly link all these promises to their manifesto, it would be helpful:

http://www.finegael2011.com/pdf/Fine...%20low-res.pdf

Also, if you could link all these "lies" to the premise of a coalition rather then single-party government, that would also be great. It's your argument, back it up with some sources and links.
Not a chance that I would go to the trouble to do that for you.
Do you not remember the promises yourself about Roscommon hospital, about a cap on wages, about not another cent into Anglo. Even their Five Point Plan ? Or are you choosing to do what comes naturally like turning a blind eye to it all. That would just confirm what I think about F.G. and their faithful followers i.e F. F. Mark 2. Let us just continue as normal in Ireland. It's all o.k. as long as we are in power.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
03-06-2012, 13:52   #92
The Waltzing Consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayto lover View Post
Not a chance that I would go to the trouble to do that for you.
Do you not remember the promises yourself about Roscommon hospital, about a cap on wages, about not another cent into Anglo. Even their Five Point Plan ? Or are you choosing to do what comes naturally like turning a blind eye to it all. That would just confirm what I think about F.G. and their faithful followers i.e F. F. Mark 2. Let us just continue as normal in Ireland. It's all o.k. as long as we are in power.
I am not turning a blind eye. You are the person arguing the point about broken promises. The burden of proof is on you to back it up, this is a pretty standard expectation in this forum and in any debate, why would someone who questions your point have to do all your work for you? Since you say you have no interest in doing that, well, you concede your argument.
Thanks from:
03-06-2012, 14:11   #93
tayto lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Waltzing Consumer View Post
I am not turning a blind eye. You are the person arguing the point about broken promises. The burden of proof is on you to back it up, this is a pretty standard expectation in this forum and in any debate, why would someone who questions your point have to do all your work for you? Since you say you have no interest in doing that, well, you concede your argument.
I'm afraid my computer skills at not up to standard to put all those pieces together. I'm new to computers. But those claims are true and i believe you are well aware of that. I actually voted for F.G. as i thought they would actually do what they promised i.e. take the me fein-ism and corruption out of Irish politics but i was wrong. They are just every bit as bad as they shower they replaced. I believe my argument is totally correct too.
Thanks from:
03-06-2012, 15:04   #94
The Waltzing Consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayto lover View Post
I'm afraid my computer skills at not up to standard to put all those pieces together. I'm new to computers. But those claims are true and i believe you are well aware of that. I actually voted for F.G. as i thought they would actually do what they promised i.e. take the me fein-ism and corruption out of Irish politics but i was wrong. They are just every bit as bad as they shower they replaced. I believe my argument is totally correct too.
Well, I would disagree but I understand where you are coming from. I think any essential change to the way we govern is a long term plan and not something that would be changed just over a year in office. It is also worth noting that although I dislike manifesto's, the mandate given to this current Government was a coalition and that meant the public did not want one FG manifesto or one Labour manifesto, they wanted a compromise on both.

I also think we should have this discussion in three year's time and then we can see a better picture of how this Government have performed.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion